This huge edition of Star Wars Bits is filled with something for everyone. Spoilers, non-spoilers, actors, reactions, gossip, art and more. Below, read about the following.
- A Star Wars art exhibit opens in Seattle Thursday night.
- Andy Serkis‘ voiceover was not recorded just for The Force Awakens trailer.
- Mark Hamill was moved by the reaction to The Force Awakens trailer.
- Domhnall Gleeson was super excited by the trailer as well.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers is again, pretty much confirmed for The Force Awakens.
- A cool practical effects tidbit about the blasters of the Stormtroopers.
- Two of the Stormtrooper actors in The Force Awakens trailer have been revealed.
- David Fincher joked about Adam Driver‘s Star Wars casting.
- Was there a black stormtrooper before John Boyega?
- See the cover for the new novel: Star Wars: Dark Disciple.
- Read a ton of new information, speculation and potential spoilers about The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Oscar Isaac continues to offer up awesome stories from The Force Awakens. Below, read about those as well as these interesting Star Wars Bits.
- Oscar Isaac talks flying an X-Wing, practical effects and more in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- New details surface about Andy Serkis‘ Force Awakens‘ character.
- Serkis was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the trailer.
- iTunes may have mistakenly identified the hooded figure in The Force Awakens trailer.
- Joel Edgerton will bet you $50 he knows the identity of the same character.
- In 2008, George Lucas said there would never be a Sequel Trilogy
- Learn how to 3D print your own triple lightsaber.
- Marvel’s Star Wars #1 is going to set some sales records, plus see the best variant cover yet.
Read More »
The Star Wars world is still buzzing about the Force Awakens trailer, and there are lots of tidbits about it below along with some massive potential spoilers. Below, read about the following.
- The Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is on pace to be the most viewed in Internet history.
- Fans and celebrities alike react to and freak out over the Force Awakens trailer
- See more Force Awakens fan art.
- What does the Millennium Falcon shot in The Force Awakens look like when it is stabilized?
- Read a super-detailed article about the new Ball Droid in The Force Awakens.
- How do toy collectors see the Force Awakens trailer?
- What is Andy Serkis‘ role in The Force Awakens?
- Star Wars Rebels is a hit for Disney XD.
- A mother load of likely false Force Awakens plot details were released.
Read More »
There’s a lot to talk about in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer, but there’s only so much talking. Two short little phrases: “There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?” Followed by “The dark side…and the light.” With all the visuals that we can break down, there’ are only these two brief snippets of actual dialogue to consider. The first and most important question may be, who is speaking?
The identity of the narrator was a big topic of discussion Friday after the trailer hit. Speculation about the person’s identity ran from Max Von Sydow to Adam Driver, Andy Serkis and even Benedict Cumberbatch. The last one isn’t even in the movie, but it sounds a bit like him. Because he was at the center of J.J. Abrams’ last big mystery, it was a fun option to consider.
There will be no more considering. The identity of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer voice has been revealed.
Update: Andy Serkis has given a brief radio interview confirming that it is his voice in the trailer. Watch that below. Read More »
This morning, Disney and Lucasfilm released the first trailer for JJ Abrams‘s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. You can watch that awesome trailer here, in case you haven’t seen it already. (Or if, like me, you want to watch it over and over again.) And for those of you who really want to take in all of the visuals revealed in the first Star Wars Episode 7 teaser trailer, we have compiled a batch of high resolution images from the film to let you take in all the awesomeness one image at a time. Hit the jump to see the Star Wars The Force Awakens photos now.
Update: We have added a Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer commentary video after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, November 21st, 2014 by Angie Han
We’ve got some sequel-related odds and ends to take you into the weekend. After the jump:
- Jennifer Aniston makes a Horrible Bosses 3 casting suggestion
- Scooby-Doo and WrestleMania will team up once more
- Den DeBlois gives a How to Train Your Dragon 3 status update
- Producer wants Jonathan Levine to write Warm Bodies 2
- That “leaked” Ghostbusters 3 script from 2009 is a fake
- Now You See Me 2 makes room for Sanaa Lathan
- Andy Serkis says the Apes franchise might go beyond a trilogy
- Flip through some Night at the Museum 3 character posters
Read More »
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was a big hit this summer, grossing over $200 million in the US and over $700 million worldwide. That was good for Fox because they dated its follow-up months before release, setting its date for July 29, 2016. Matt Reeves will be back to direct and, of course, Andy Serkis will return as Caesar for the third Planet of the Apes prequel.
Though Dawn definitely teased what could happen next in the series, these new Planet of the Apes films have been anything but predictable. So while promoting the Blu-ray release of the recent film, Reeves and Serkis both dropped a few teases about the third film. Reeves described Caesar on a trajectory towards Moses-like reverence and Serkis said there’s war. Read more about the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes sequel. Read More »
For the last few years Andy Serkis has been at the center of the conversation about actors in performance-capture roles being nominated for Oscars. The Lord of the Rings series brought Serkis huge attention for his work as the actor behind Gollum, and in the years since he first dominated the screen in The Two Towers we’ve seen performance capture become a frequent, even routine part of the filmmaking process.
Now Fox has revealed that it will campaign for Serkis to land a Best Supporting Actor nod for his role as Caesar in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Yep, that’s a supporting actor nomination, rather than a reach for recognition in the Best Actor category. Read More »
Don’t freak out, this image has NOTHING to do with the new Star Wars Episode 7 villain rumor
A couple weeks back, a hot rumor hit the internet explaining how the Star Wars Episode 7 villain could rewrite Star Wars franchise history. Well a new report adds more heat to the fire. Learn more about the new Star Wars Episode VII villain rumor after the jump.
Read More »