Posted on Friday, June 27th, 2014 by Angie Han
Sorry, Breaking Bad fans: Aaron Paul says he won’t appear in Better Call Saul after all. Also after the jump:
- The next Beverly Hills Cop will head to Michigan
- Mission: Impossible 5 might film in the Houses of Parliament
- Benjamin Bratt hops on for Ride Along 2
- Pitch Perfect 2 adds Birgitte Hjort Sørensen
- A top GM designer has a cameo in Transformers 4
- Mark Wahlberg promises Ted is as lovably awful as ever
- Stanley Tucci is glad Mockingjay was split in two
- David Duchovny wants more X-Files movies
- Watch another Dawn of the Planet of the Apes clip
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Some very intriguing, potentially revealing Star Wars Episode VII rumors have just surfaced about the plot and character. Read about those, and a bunch of other cool stuff, in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- The Lucas Cultural Arts Museum will be built in Chicago.
- A general plot overview of Star Wars Episode VII may have been revealed.
- New rumors about John Boyega and Daisy Ridley‘s roles in Episode VII have surfaced.
- Are there a lot more roles to be cast in Episode VII?
- Watch Andy Serkis talk about the secrecy surrounding Episode VII.
- Home of Star Wars Episode VII, Pinewood Studios is set to expand.
- Obi-Wan Kenobi appears in a new teaser for Star Wars Rebels.
- Check out a cool new fan made poster for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Wil Wheaton poked fun at J.J. Abrams‘ dual allegiance to Star Trek and Star Wars.
- See an amazing Star Wars exclusive available at San Diego Comic-Con.
Note: The plot and character stuff is whited out for anyone scared of spoilers. Feel free to proceed. Read More »
It’s less than a month until we return to an Earth that has been dramatically reshaped into a place that could soon be called a planet of the apes, and Fox has released one last big look at its latest chapter in the long-running saga. Half of this final Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer is all about brewing conflict and watching humanity further lose hold on the planet.
And then things just explode, and that war that Caesar talks about in his steadily-improving speech just explodes. A lot of the footage here is stuff we’ve seen before, but that’s OK; it’s good to save the best stuff for the final film. And Matt Reeves’ sequel to the surprise hit from 2011 looks like it firmly takes the reins of the story in a way that could be very satisfying for Apes fans, indeed. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
By the time Dawn of the Planet of the Apes lands in theaters this summer, it’ll have been a good three years since the release of Rise of the Planet of the Apes. You’d be forgiven if you forgot a few things in the interim.
Fortunately, the latest Dawn of the Planet of the Apes TV spot is here to get you all caught up. The new promo lays out the story so far, explaining how mankind and apekind got to this point in the story, and hints at the conflict that’s still to come. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, June 5th, 2014 by Angie Han
Things are not looking good for mankind on the latest Dawn of the Planet of the Apes poster. While there’s not a single human character in sight, there are apes. Lots of them. And Caesar (Andy Serkis) is in front of them all, charging ahead on a horse while waving a gun over his head. Check it out after the jump.
Read More »
There’s a new Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer, from Japan, and it has some new footage. Not a lot, but enough. The film looks like one of the more promising events of the summer, not only because it follows on the unexpectedly good Rise of the Planet of the Apes, but because the cast and story we’ve seen so far from this sequel seem to be pushing in just the right direction. So we’ll take any new look we can get. Check out the footage below. Read More »
Last month, 20th Century Fox screened five scenes from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. While I was very impressed with the footage, I was blown away by the performance capture I saw in the 20 minutes previewed — it was the best performance capture performances I had seen to date.
On top of that, Andy Serkis was on hand to introduce a brief video showcasing the live-action human actors filming the performance capture for the Ape roles side by side split screen with the computer animated finished footage of the Apes. I cant tell you how impressive this brief clip was on the big screen — it brought me back to the days of movie magic specials from my childhood.
20th Century Fox has now released the clip online for all of you to see. Watch the Dawn of the Planet of the Apes Performance Capture comparison clip embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, May 8th, 2014 by Angie Han
At long last, Fox has revealed the new Dawn of the Planet of the Apes trailer. This one lays out a lot of the plot from the apes’ perspective, showing us what they’ve been up to for the past four years and why they’re coming back into conflicts with the humans now.
Andy Serkis returns as Caesar, leader of the apes, while Jason Clarke, Keri Russell, and Gary Oldman play some of the humans who cross paths with them. Hit the jump to watch the video.
UPDATE: We’ve also added an international trailer.
Read More »