Posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
With Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner, and Christina Applegate in the lead roles, plus a slew of their famous friends in supporting and cameo parts, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy certainly had no shortage of big comic talents. But in typical sequel fashion, Anchorman: The Legend Continues plans to go even bigger with a veritable “murderer’s row of day players,” according to co-writer/director Adam McKay. Now, he seems to be making good on that promise as Kristen Wiig becomes the cast’s first fresh face.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who’s up for another El Mariachi movie? Robert Rodriguez and Antonio Banderas definitely are. Also after the jump:
- Could Channing Tatum or Emma Stone be in Dumb and Dumber To?
- Steve Carell hasn’t seen a script yet for Anchorman 2
- Jon M. Chu has things to say about G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Rob Zombie does not have plans for a Halloween 3
- Robert Rodriguez is excited for Machete in Space
- Check out the Into Darkness cover of Star Trek magazine
- … and find out what old charater has resurfaced in Countdown to Darkness
Read More »
Briefly: Ron Burgundy is coming back in exactly one year from right now. Anchorman: The Legend Continues, the sequel to 2004’s cult hit Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, has just been given a prime holiday release date: December 20, 2013. That puts currently puts it up against the Tom Hanks Disney film Saving Mr. Banks, the star-studded, old-age Hangover film Last Vegas, the stage adaptation Walking with Dinosaurs and George Clooney’s drama, Monuments Men.
Tough competition for sure. But Ron Burgundy never backed down from a fight.
Directed by Adam McKay, Anchorman: The Legend Continues will start Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Christina Applegate. [Variety]
Even if only its principal actors returned, Anchorman: The Legend Continues has an incredibly star-studded cast. Three members of The News Team are legitimate above the title stars: Will Ferrell, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd. The others, David Koechner and Christina Applegate, are no slouches themselves. But when co-writer and director Adam McKay promised a “murder’s row of day players” in the film, the mind began to race and now the first name may have been revealed.
Bridesmaids‘ star Kristen Wiig has reportedly been approached for a role in the late 2013 release and it sounds particularly fun. Read about it after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s edition of Sequel Bits is particularly chatty, as everyone has a little something to say about their next big project. After the jump:
- Adam McKay teases a minor Anchorman 2 detail
- Steve Carell talks about reprising his role as Brick
- Fast & Furious 6 gets an early bit of marketing
- Tom Cruise is still excited to fly jets in Top Gun 2
- Lucas Till lobbies for Polaris in X-Men: First Class 2
- Simon Pegg promises more of the Enterprise in Star Trek 2
- Damon Lindelof discusses the film’s “nuanced” villain
- Chris Pine thinks Trek 2 is really about the characters
Read More »
So much to get to today. After the jump read about:
- Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are all very close to signing for Kick Ass 2.
- Never fear, Christina Applegate will return as Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Piranha 3DD is out in theaters today as well as video on demand, making it the first 3D movie to do that.
- Die Hard 5, A Good Day To Die Hard, just added Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Anne Vyalitsyna to its cast.
- A young actress’ photos from the set of Star Trek 2 reveal a new Starfleet outfit.
- Weak tracking numbers have Universal backtracking on Snow White and the Huntsman 2 talk.
- Andy Samberg is wearing very tight, white short shorts on the set of Grown Ups 2.
- Men in Black 3 gets censored in China and a wardrobe lawsuit.
Read More »
There is no real footage yet — hell, there’s not even a script — but today Paramount is debuting a quick teaser for Adam McKay‘s often-discussed, once thought dead sequel Anchorman: The Legend Continues, and the studio has also cobbled together a teaser poster just for the occasion. At first glance this is a pretty straightforward line-up of the news team (Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner), but something seems to be missing. Either there’s a deliberately awkward posing of the subjects here (likely), or someone has undergone some serious trauma. (Hopefully. Come on — that would be a lot more funny.) Check out the poster below. Read More »