Posted on Thursday, February 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
The one downside to Paramount’s decision to move ahead with Anchorman: The Legend Continues was that it shut down progress on Step Brothers 2, but it looks like we’ll still get to see the dim duo reunite in the near future. John C. Reilly has boarded the cast of Anchorman, joining new actors Kristen Wiig and James Marsden. Hit the jump to keep reading.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
For his next trick, Ron Burgundy will go one and one with Cyclops. James Marsden, who played the X-Men leader in the first three films, and was once Liz Lemon’s love interest on 30 Rock, has just been cast as a rival anchor to the News Team in Adam McKay‘s Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
Scheduled for release December 20, the highly-anticipated sequel begins filming next month in Atlanta. It stars Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner, Kristen Wiig and Christina Applegate. Read More »
Posted on Monday, February 18th, 2013 by Angie Han
One thing’s for sure about Benedict Cumberbatch‘s “John Harrison”: He definitely has the evil villain voice down. No wonder Paramount is using his “you think your world is safe…” line for everything from TV promos to motion posters. Also after the jump:
- Jessica Alba didn’t think a Sin City sequel would happen
- Director David Twohy is pleased about Riddick‘s R rating
- Guillermo del Toro is already working on Pacific Rim 2
- Rupert Wyatt reveals the real (if vague) reason he left Apes
- Find out how to be an extra on Apes and/or Anchorman 2
- Zachary Quinto talks tackling the iconic character of Spock
- Star Trek Into Darkness reveals some nice high-res pics
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, February 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
With Will Ferrell, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, David Koechner, and Christina Applegate in the lead roles, plus a slew of their famous friends in supporting and cameo parts, Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy certainly had no shortage of big comic talents. But in typical sequel fashion, Anchorman: The Legend Continues plans to go even bigger with a veritable “murderer’s row of day players,” according to co-writer/director Adam McKay. Now, he seems to be making good on that promise as Kristen Wiig becomes the cast’s first fresh face.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
Who’s up for another El Mariachi movie? Robert Rodriguez and Antonio Banderas definitely are. Also after the jump:
- Could Channing Tatum or Emma Stone be in Dumb and Dumber To?
- Steve Carell hasn’t seen a script yet for Anchorman 2
- Jon M. Chu has things to say about G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Rob Zombie does not have plans for a Halloween 3
- Robert Rodriguez is excited for Machete in Space
- Check out the Into Darkness cover of Star Trek magazine
- … and find out what old charater has resurfaced in Countdown to Darkness
Read More »
Briefly: Ron Burgundy is coming back in exactly one year from right now. Anchorman: The Legend Continues, the sequel to 2004′s cult hit Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy, has just been given a prime holiday release date: December 20, 2013. That puts currently puts it up against the Tom Hanks Disney film Saving Mr. Banks, the star-studded, old-age Hangover film Last Vegas, the stage adaptation Walking with Dinosaurs and George Clooney’s drama, Monuments Men.
Tough competition for sure. But Ron Burgundy never backed down from a fight.
Directed by Adam McKay, Anchorman: The Legend Continues will start Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, David Koechner and Christina Applegate. [Variety]
Even if only its principal actors returned, Anchorman: The Legend Continues has an incredibly star-studded cast. Three members of The News Team are legitimate above the title stars: Will Ferrell, Steve Carell and Paul Rudd. The others, David Koechner and Christina Applegate, are no slouches themselves. But when co-writer and director Adam McKay promised a “murder’s row of day players” in the film, the mind began to race and now the first name may have been revealed.
Bridesmaids‘ star Kristen Wiig has reportedly been approached for a role in the late 2013 release and it sounds particularly fun. Read about it after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, June 12th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s edition of Sequel Bits is particularly chatty, as everyone has a little something to say about their next big project. After the jump:
- Adam McKay teases a minor Anchorman 2 detail
- Steve Carell talks about reprising his role as Brick
- Fast & Furious 6 gets an early bit of marketing
- Tom Cruise is still excited to fly jets in Top Gun 2
- Lucas Till lobbies for Polaris in X-Men: First Class 2
- Simon Pegg promises more of the Enterprise in Star Trek 2
- Damon Lindelof discusses the film’s “nuanced” villain
- Chris Pine thinks Trek 2 is really about the characters
Read More »