Posted on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Earlier this summer, Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer made the whole world jealous by sharing photos of themselves jet-skiing, building human pyramids, and generally living it up with each other. As it turns out, though, they’re not just playing together — they’re also working together on a new project.
According to Lawrence, they’re “almost done” writing the screenplay, and plan to co-star in the as-yet-unnamed movie. Get all the details on the Jennifer Lawrence Amy Schumer project after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
After Labor Day weekend next month, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert makes its broadcast debut on CBS, ushering in a new era for the late night talk show recently vacated by comedy icon David Letterman. We already know that Colbert’s first guest will be American treasure George Clooney, but now the rest of the guests for the first week have been revealed.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert first guests will also include Marvel Studios star Scarlett Johansson, comedian and Trainwreck star Amy Schumer, and a few other interesting guests for the late night circuit that really give us an idea of what we can expect from this new iteration of the show. Find out the full line-up below! Read More »
Even though Trainwreck may not be Judd Apatow’s most successful film at the box office, currently sitting with $98 million domestic behind The 40-Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up, his collaboration with Amy Schumer has an 86% at Rotten Tomatoes, which his second highest-rated film as director. That kind of reception for an R-rated comedy isn’t easy.
But Apatow had plenty of success on the big screen before now, and it’s Schumer who will benefit most from the success of this hilarious flick. She’s already marching onward and upward by getting her next movie together. Fox is working on an Amy Schumer vacation comedy that may team her up with 50/50 and Warm Bodies director Jonathan Levine. Read More »
After celebrating a milestone 40th season, Saturday Night Live has officially announced a return date for the 41st season on October 3 with chart-topping, Grammy nominated recording artist Miley Cyrus hosting the season premiere.
But if Miley Cyrus isn’t your cop of tea, some actual comedians will be taking the stage as hosts in Studio 8H this October, including one Saturday Night Live veteran who will be making a triumphant return to entertainment in general after a terrible accident took him out of commission over a year ago. Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 10th, 2015 by Angie Han
Between her first feature lead role in Judd Apatow’s Trainwreck and the critically adored third season of her Comedy Central series, Amy Schumer is having one hell of a 2015. And her winning streak will continue into the fall with Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo, a standup comedy special coming to HBO. Chris Rock directed. Watch the Amy Schumer HBO special teaser after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, July 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
In typical Judd Apatow fashion, Trainwreck runs a bit long, thanks in part to its lengthy improvised riffs. But even at 125 minutes, Trainwreck had to leave a few bits of comedy gold on the cutting room floor. So Universal has released some of the best unused lines in a hilarious Trainwreck outtakes video. Watch it after the jump.
Read More »
With your wisdom, I’m sure that we can work out an arrangement which will be mutually beneficial and enable us to avoid any unpleasant confrontation. As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: these Star Wars Bits. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Target confirming participation in Force Friday
- Lucasfilm & Mark Hamill‘s reaction to Amy Schumer‘s racy photoshoot
- Star Wars Commander mobile game update
- The Force Awakens box office prediction
- Details learned from Star Wars: Aftermath excerpt
- Oscar Isaac chats The Force Awakens at Comic-Con
- The Force Awakens theories based on sizzle reel
- Kanan: The Last Padawan issue #4 sneak preview
- Zachary Levi plays Star Wars Battlefront at Comic-Con
- Star Wars gets the Little Golden Books treatment
Read More »
This morning brought the nominations for the 67th Emmy Awards, and while the winners (and losers) won’t be revealed until September 20th on Fox, the nominations themselves are enough to stir up some conversation.
When it comes down to itt’s all a matter of personal preference, and the opinions of average viewers don’t always match up with what the Emmys have cooked up. But we can’t help but notice some of the more annoying snubs, as well as some wonderful surprises, in this year’s round of honorees.
Check out our list of 2015 Emmy snubs and surprises after the jump! Read More »
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »