Posted on Thursday, September 10th, 2015 by Angie Han
The Divergent Series did a very typical thing when it decided to split the last book Allegiant into two movies, following the precedent set by Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hunger Games. But now it’s taking a cue from its feisty heroine and bucking convention.
Rather than simply attaching “Part 1” and “Part 2” to the final two films — again, like Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hunger Games — it’s renaming them. Find out the new Divergent Series titles, and see the first logo treatments and taglines, after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, April 30th, 2015 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits has a bit of everything: Tons of casting news, some cute set photos, and a bunch of red-hot posters. After the jump:
- Lifetime’s The Omen sequel Damien moves to A&E
- An Absolutely Fabulous movie will shoot this year
- Heroes Reborn picks up The 100 and True Blood alums
- Jeff Daniels boards the train for the Divergent sequels
- Common and Deon Cole line up for Barbershop 3
- Starship Troopers could be headed to the small screen
- See the photos from the set of Inferno in Venice
- Ogle a series of Magic Mike XXL character posters
- Justin Bieber will make a cameo in Zoolander 2
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, July 10th, 2014 by Angie Han
The Divergent sequel Insurgent is still several months away from theaters. But with the franchise slated to churn out a new installment each year there’s no time to be wasted in prepping the sequels. So Allegiant – Part 1, which follows Insurgent, has just tapped Noah Oppenheim to write the script.
Interestingly, Oppenheim is coming fresh off of a rival YA adaptation, Fox’s The Maze Runner. At least we know he has experience with the genre. Hit the jump for more updates on Allegiant.
Read More »
Posted on Friday, April 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Harry Potter did it, Twilight did it, The Hunger Games is doing it, and now Divergent is, too. Lionsgate/Summit announced today they are splitting the final chapter of the Divergent series, Allegiant, into two films, to the surprise of absolutely no one. The decision brings the total number of installments in the series to four. New release dates and more about the Allegiant split the jump.
Read More »