Posted on Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 by Angie Han
Both J.J. Abrams and Alfonso Cuarón are using the big screen this year to explore the expansive blackness of outer space — Abrams with last week’s Star Trek Into Darkness, Cuarón with this fall’s Gravity. For their first collaboration with each other, though, they’ll be keeping things a bit more grounded.
The pair have teamed up for NBC’s Believe, a hourlong sci-fi drama about a young superpowered girl (Johnny Sequoyah) and the death row inmate (Jake McLaughlin) broken out of jail to protect her. See the first trailer after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Among film fans, few directors are as revered as Alfonso Cuarón. Children of Men, Y Tu Mamá También, A Little Princess; these are new classics that never found the mainstream audience they deserved.
For the casual moviegoer, few stars are more likable than Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. Oscar-winners both, each has proved time and again they’re major box-office stars. So what happens when you combine their mainstream Hollywood clout with a true auteur aesthetic? You’re about to find out.
The first trailer for their collaboration, Gravity, has just been released. Co-written and directed by Cuarón, it stars Clooney and Bullock as two astronauts who go into space but are detached from their ship, forced to survive all alone in the infinite darkness. The potential Oscar-contender is set for release October 19 in 2D, 3D and 3D IMAX. Finally, after years of delays and anticipation, you can see footage from it now. Read More »
After years of anticipation, tomorrow we’ll get our first good look at Sandra Bullock and George Clooney in Alfonso Cuarón‘s space drama Gravity. A few seconds of footage hit the net on Tuesday and now, in anticipation of the trailer, the first poster for the film is out. It gives just a hint of the terror to come for two astronauts who are stranded in space when they’re separated from their ship. It opens in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D on October 18. Read More »
We’ve waited what feels like an age to see anything at all from Alfonso Cuaron’s new film Gravity. So we’ll indulge Entertainment Tonight one of their lousy fast montages that mar footage from the film with graphics and voiceover. The clip below has the first Gravity footage that most people have had a chance to see, and while we’ll get a much better look at the film when the trailer drops this Thursday, this is a good little taste.
The film features Sandra Bullock as an engineer on her first trip into space who is put in terrible danger during a routine spacewalk. With her is a veteran astronaut played by George Clooney, who seems just a bit more zen about the whole experience than she is. Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 8th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s been a few days since our last TV Bits (sorry!), so we have a ton of stuff to catch up on. After the jump:
- Alexis Bledel, Kyle McLachlan, Hope Davis, and more get pilots
- Downton Abbey loses one character but gains six more
- Jeffrey Wright will be a series regular on Boardwalk Empire
- A bunch of Fox shows including The Following get early renewals
- The Zero Hour has gets cancelled by ABC after just three episodes
- Will Jimmy Fallon take over for Jay Leno on The Tonight Show?
- The X-Files finally gets a tenth season… as a comic book
- Steven Soderbergh‘s Behind the Candelabra gets EW cover
- Hannibal and Mad Men offer up not very revealing teasers
- See character posters and an extended trailer for Game of Thrones
- Peek behind the scenes of Breaking Bad‘s final season
Read More »
Posted on Friday, March 1st, 2013 by Angie Han
David Brent is coming back, as is Whose Line It Anyway? Also after the jump:
- Lee Pace, Angela Kinsey, Michael Ealy and more book pilots
- Entourage‘s Rhys Chorio will drop by Dexter next season
- Ron Livingston and Brian Geraghty join Boardwalk Empire
- FX’s Archer and Syfy’s Lost Girl get renewals
- Goodwin Games, Louis CK‘s new special get premiere dates
- The CW cancels 90210 and moves Cult to Fridays
- AMC confirms Scott Gimple as the new Walking Dead showrunner
- Dylan McDermott drops a hint about American Horror Story
- Most PaleyFest 2013 panels will stream live online
- Netflix announces the Flixies awards
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 by Angie Han
The pilot casting blitz isn’t over yet. Also after the jump:
- Kristen Wiig‘s Arrested Development role revealed
- Yeah, NBC is probably going to cancel Up All Night
- HBO decides not to go with James Gandolfini‘s pilot
- HBO’s cancelled drama Luck finds new life as a blog
- Survey says House of Cards is a success for Netflix
- Nerdist’s Celebrity Bowling could head to AMC
- Judd Apatow‘s Simpsons script is getting a rewrite
- Watch the full-length trailer for A&E’s Bates Motel
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Alfonso Cuaron‘s latest, Gravity, is back on the map. After having a 2012 release date and then being pushed into this year, Warner Bros. has now dated the George Clooney/Sandra Bullock sci-fi thriller for October 4. It’ll open against Robert Rodriguez’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 3D, Harrison Ford and Liam Hemsworth in Paranoia and Vince Vaughn’s latest, The Delivery Man.
In Gravity, Bullock and Clooney play two astronauts stranded in space when their ship is destroyed. It’ll also be released in IMAX. Read More »