Brian De Palma is responsible for two of Al Pacino‘s many iconic roles: the leads in Scarface and Carlito’s Way. Now, after a long break from one another, the two are reportedly shopping a new movie at the American Film Market called Retribution. It’s a remake of the 2003 Belgian film, The Memory Of A Killer, which is about a hitman with Alzheimer’s who is on the trail of a child prostitution ring. Read more about Brian De Palma and Al Pacino’s Retribution below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, September 9th, 2014 by Angie Han
Martin Scorsese has so many different projects on his to-do list at any point that it wouldn’t be a huge shocker if some of them dropped off eventually. But despite the fact that he’s making Silence next, he hasn’t forgotten about The Irishman, at least according to star Al Pacino.
In fact, not only does he still very much intend to make the film, Scorsese’s even added another cast member — Bobby Cannavale. Robert De Niro and Joe Pesci remain attached as well. Hit the jump for the latest on Scorsese’s The Irishman.
Read More »
Want to see new footage and trailer from Gotham, Arrow and The Flash? Does Scoot McNairy think his Batman v Superman character will be around for more movies? Is there a new series where a baby becomes a superhero? Which Marvel Comics character photobombed a bunch of covers? Which Oscar winner not only loved Guardians of the Galaxy, but would be open to a Marvel movie? Which scene was deleted from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Al Pacino shows up in two big festival films this year: David Gordon Green’s Manglehorn, and The Humbling from Barry Levinson. Here’s a first The Humbling trailer, in which Pacino plays an aging actor who embarks upon an affair with a younger woman (Greta Gerwig) after he has a minor breakdown. OK, maybe not such a minor one.
If that sounds like it should really be Woody Allen material, keep in mind that the film is an adaptation of the novel by Philip Roth, who could almost be considered Allen’s literary twin. Pacino picked up rights to the novel, reunited with Levinson, his You Don’t Know Jack director, and got Buck Henry and Michal Zebede to script. Check out Pacino in the first The Humbling trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, February 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
David Gordon Green has been a very busy bee. He hit the festival circuit with not one but two films last year (Prince Avalanche and Joe), and recently got Chris Pine to sign on for his next directorial effort, a thriller called The Line.
In between all of that, he also managed to squeeze in an indie drama called Manglehorn, with Al Pacino in the lead role. The first image and synopsis have just hit, and you can check them out after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, June 5th, 2013 by Angie Han
If J.J. Abrams really does cast Leonard Nimoy in Star Wars Episode VII, as the Star Trek actor suggests, do you think that’s more likely to heighten or defuse the Wars / Trek rivalry? Also after the jump:
- Al Pacino explains why he said no to Han Solo
- See Episode II in 3D at Star Wars Celebration Europe
- Kyle Newman offers a longer cut The Return of The Return of the Jedi
- Nerdist promotes the Star Wars: Course of the Force charity run
- See an unused poster concept for the original Star Wars
Read More »
Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
- The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
- Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
- Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
- Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
- The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
- Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
- Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
- Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
- Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, March 28th, 2013 by Angie Han
That third Atlas Shrugged you didn’t ask for is on the way. Also after the jump:
- Who wants to be an extra in Captain America?
- Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks up Red 2 and Jack Ryan
- Here’s what Al Pacino will look like in Despicable Me 2
- Check out another new Star Trek Into Darkness image
- Kick-Ass 2 reveals some kick-ass character posters
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation gets an action-packed featurette
Read More »