We haven’t really featured many of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos on the site because we try to cover entertainment news and rumors but not celebrity. And I’m sure you’ve seen enough of these ice bucket challenge videos in your social timeline already. The Ice Bucket Challenge has raised nearly $80 million for ALS (Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord) which is amazing. I personally have not done the challenge but have instead donated to the ALS association, and I highly recommend you do the same (and if you have time, learn a bit about the disease). Recently the Star Wars galaxy has been called upon to take the Ice Bucket challenge, which has seen responses from Harrison Ford, Mark Hammil, Peter Mayhew, new Star Wars Episode VII castmembers Oscar Isaac, Daisy Ridley, Star Wars Episode 7director JJ Abrams, as well as future Star Wars series filmmaker Gareth Edwards, and more. Other members of the crew have yet to respond to the challenge. Watch all of the Star Wars ALS Ice Bucket Challenge videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Last week saw a motherload of Star Wars rumors, spoilers and discussion hitting the internet. Things have cooled down considerably over the weekend, but there’s still lots going on. Below, read about the following.
- Are the Star Wars board games affected by Star Wars Episode VII?
- The same old rumor of the original Star Wars Trilogy coming to Blu-ray is back.
- Check out a fan rendering of a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper and some new rumors.
- Read an interview with Adam Driver about starring in Episode VII, his schedule and Harrison Ford‘s injuries.
- A new photo of Tatooine from Star Wars Episode VII has leaked, as well as photos inside the Millennium Falcon.
- Read a possible description of a Daisy Ridley outfit in the film.
- See the cover for the Star Wars Rebels mini-movie, Spark of Rebellion, and watch a new Chopper video.
- John Boyega meets Samuel L. Jackson, Jackson calls him a Jedi.
- See a bunch of new creatures and ships from Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch the panel for the book Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- More Star Wars Episode VII rumors including the Luke Skywalker timeline.
Read More »
The biggest fun piece of Star Wars Episode VII speculation this week centered on the villains. Star Wars website MakingStarWars ran an elaborate rumor about the nature of the film’s bad guys, only to have the statement refuted by another site, TheForce.net. The latter said the first rumor was 100% inaccurate… but J.J. Abrams also said Khan wasn’t in Star Trek Into Darkness.
Which is why, at this point in the game, it’s hard to take anything as true. Even quotes from the filmmakers themselves could by lies this far out, which is why Star Wars fans have to have their rumor deflector shields up at all times. Unless it’s reported by StarWars.com, it’s a rumor, no matter if you read it here, on a Star Wars fan site, or anywhere else.
That said, a new wrinkle to that villain rumor mill has now been unearthed. Latino Review claims the original rumor, while mostly false, does have a few very important pieces of truth in it. What are they? We’ll reveal those potentials spoiler below. Read More »
Lots of big Star Wars info over the last few days: casting, set photos, but always bits, there are. Below read about the following:
- Fiction published in the Star Wars Insider Magazine in now canon.
- Star Wars Episode VII is done in Abu Dhabi, heads to London.
- For the first time, Adam Driver talks about being cast in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read Ezra’s journal from Star Wars Rebels.
- Star Wars Rebels executive producer Dave Filoni will host a Star Wars panel at Apple’s World Wide Developer’s Conference.
- Some new Star Wars Rebels nuggets were revealed at a recent talk.
- Check out the trailer for the new book The Adventures of Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.
- Watch the Stars of the Saga panel from Disney’s Star Wars Weekend with Jeremy Bulloch and Warwick Davis.
Read More »
We’ve seen Daniel Radcliffe as a hero, we’ve seen him in period pieces, some have even seen him naked on stage. But now the Harry Potter star takes on his most “normal” role to date, as a simple guy trying to win the affections of a girl.
Radcliffe is the star of What If, a romantic comedy directed by Michael Dowse. He plays Wallace, a medical school drop-out who meets a cool girl named Chantry (Zoe Kazan). She lives with her boyfriend (Rafe Spall), which becomes a bit of an issue for Wallace when he realizes he’s in love with her.
What If has a pretty typical set-up to be sure but the cast (which also includes Adam Driver) definitely piques my interest. The film hits U.S. theaters August 1 and you can check out the trailer below. Read More »
If nothing else, This is Where I Leaves You earns a peek for its cast alone. Jason Bateman, Tina Fey, Adam Driver, Rose Byrne, Corey Stoll, Kathryn Hahn, Connie Britton, Timothy Olyphant, Dax Shepard and Jane Fonda are just a few of the names in this adaptation of a novel by Jonathan Tropper. In the story, a dysfunctional family is forced to reunite for a whole week when their father dies. Old feuds become newly inflamed, passions are ignited, and all kinds of other madness ensues.
But This I Where I Leave You isn’t a straight up, sad drama. There are laughs too, as evidenced not only by director Shawn Levy being at the helm, but the brand new trailer. Check out the first This Is Where I Leave You Trailer below. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, May 15th, 2014 by Angie Han
A star-studded cast doesn’t guarantee a good movie, but it definitely doesn’t hurt. Especially when the stars in question include the likes of Tina Fey, Adam Driver, Jason Bateman, Corey Stoll, Connie Britton, Timothy Olyphant, and Rose Byrne.
Directed by Shawn Levy, This Is Where I Leave You centers on the Altman family, who come together for their father’s funeral. Which sounds like somber stuff on paper, but — as you might’ve guessed from the cast — This Is Where I Leave You plays out as a bittersweet comedy. See the first This Is Where I Look image after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
It’s George Lucas‘ 70th birthday, so what better way to celebrate than a new Star Wars Bits? There’s lots of Episode VII stuff below, including rumors, accidents, excitement and more. But that’s not all. Read about the following in this edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Adam Driver might be playing the son of Han Solo and Princess Leia in Star Wars Episode VII.
- As a kid, Oscar Isaac dressed as a Gonk droid for a Return of the Jedi party.
- A helicopter accident in Iceland might have been Star Wars-related.
- Michael Giacchino isn’t helping John Williams on Episode VII.
- Simon Kinberg talks tone, but not Kanan, in Star Wars Rebels.
- Andy Serkis talks about script security and excitement.
- See the Episode VII cast photo in color.
- Watch the world’s largest Darth Vader built from Legos.
- Augmented Reality is coming to Star Wars Weekends.
- Jon Favreau still wants to direct a Star Wars movie.
Read More »