I’ll give it to Fox’s marketing people: this first teaser trailer for the fifth John McClane outing, A Good Day to Die Hard, is zippy and fun. What happens in the movie? Who is McClane fighting, and why? Who’s the guy with him? Why did that woman even bother wearing a bra if she wasn’t going to wear a shirt under the leather? These questions are but trifles, because EXPLOSIONS! Lots and lots of explosions.
And, once again, Bruce Willis as McClane, with a wryly amused look in his eye and a smirk on his face. I missed that smirk. Get a dose below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It worked for Looper, so here once again is an early image from a new Bruce Willis film in which the actor wields a powerful rifle.
In this case, the film is A Good Day to Die Hard, aka Die Hard 5, and a project that isn’t likely to be even vaguely as satisfying as Looper. And this time, instead of having Joseph Gordon-Levitt on board as the younger Willis, we have Jai Courtney (Spartacus) playing Willis Jr. (Actually, he’s playing the junior McClane, but close enough.) The pic puts them both in the frame during the action of the latest episode in the long-running action series, this time from director John Moore. Check out the full shot below. Read More »
Bruce Willis has a lot on his mind. Not only does he appear in The Expendables 2, he has Rian Johnson’s Looper coming out in a few weeks, G.I. Joe Retaliation out next year and recently finished shooting on A Good Day to Die Hard, the fifth film in the Die Hard franchise. Talk show host David Letterman recently asked the star about his latest turn as police officer turned action hero John McClane and Willis surprised Letterman by saying he’d brought an exclusive clip. He was lying.
Instead, Willis showed a video of himself as McClane very distraught over the recent break up of Twilight stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. It’s pretty funny. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 8th, 2012 by Angie Han
With John Leguizamo‘s Javier and the as-yet-uncast Mother Russia on board to help out the villainous Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) in Kick-Ass 2, it seems only fair that Kick-Ass (Aaron Johnson) start picking up some allies as well. Scrubs star Donald Faison has just entered talks to play Dr. Gravity, a Columbia University student by day and a mask-donning, baseball bat-wielding crimefighter by night.
Pre-production on Kick-Ass 2 is currently humming along for a fall shoot, with Jeff Wadlow at the helm. Returning stars Nicolas Cage and Chloe Grace Moretz are also on board. No release date has been announced at this time. [Deadline]
After the jump, John McClane’s daughter makes a comeback and The Hunger Games: Catching Fire digs up yet another former victor.
Read More »
Sequels, always sequels! Check out the comments recently made by the director of the latest Die Hard film, and parse them in a way that might tell us whether the film is going to be worth a damn or not. Then stick around for the other items listed below.
- Director John Moore talks about the tone of A Good Day to Die Hard,
- Step Up Revolution won’t cut a scene that might be seen as distasteful in the wake of Aurora,
- the Waiting to Exhale sequel gets a screenwriter,
- and Ben Still wants to make Zoolander 2, but it isn’t happening yet.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Tuesday, July 17th, 2012 by Angie Han
Sequel Bits is more badass than usual this time, with updates on skilled assassins, demonic heroes, costumed villains, and more. After the jump:
- Watch Bruce Willis on the set of A Good Day to Die Hard
- Alex Kurtzman talks about the villain’s central role in Star Trek 2
- Lindsay Lohan is in talks for a part in Scary Movie 5
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse won’t rape anyone in Kick-Ass 2
- Matt Damon isn’t convinced he’s needed for Bourne 5
- Guillermo del Toro still really, really wants to make Hellboy 3
Read More »
Posted on Monday, June 25th, 2012 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits is bursting with plot details — for Kick-Ass 2, Cloudy 2, and Curse of Chucky. There’s even a tidbit of info about what we might or might not see in Beetlejuice 2. After the jump:
- Kick-Ass 2‘s plot involves mean girls and identity crises
- Set videos reveal A Good Day to Die Hard footage
- Child’s Play 6, a.k.a Curse of Chucky, headed straight to DVD
- Seth Grahame-Smith plans to use Beetlejuice sparingly
- Kristen Schaal joins Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, June 5th, 2012 by Angie Han
Where the original Blade Runner was known for its neon urban landscapes, the Blade Runner sequel will take us all the way out into flat, dusty farm country — or so says Ridley Scott, while describing one scene he’s already visualized for his upcoming project. Also after the jump:
- Men in Black 3 concept art shows deleted scenes, alternate Boris the Animal design
- Find out when and where Iron Man 3 is shooting in North Carolina this week
- Red, white, and blue balloons dot new set photos of A Good Day to Die Hard
- Lionsgate unveils a second TV spot for The Expendables 2
Read More »
So much to get to today. After the jump read about:
- Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse are all very close to signing for Kick Ass 2.
- Never fear, Christina Applegate will return as Veronica Corningstone in Anchorman: The Legend Continues.
- Piranha 3DD is out in theaters today as well as video on demand, making it the first 3D movie to do that.
- Die Hard 5, A Good Day To Die Hard, just added Victoria’s Secret and Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Anne Vyalitsyna to its cast.
- A young actress’ photos from the set of Star Trek 2 reveal a new Starfleet outfit.
- Weak tracking numbers have Universal backtracking on Snow White and the Huntsman 2 talk.
- Andy Samberg is wearing very tight, white short shorts on the set of Grown Ups 2.
- Men in Black 3 gets censored in China and a wardrobe lawsuit.
Read More »