Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
The first couple trailers for A Good Day to Die Hard, aka the fifth film in the series that stars Bruce Willis as put-upon NYC cop John McClane, relied heavily on great editing, whiz-bang explosions and a couple good smirks from Willis. This third one (or the second full-length trailer) has a lot more going for it. There’s still plenty of bombast, but this one actually looks like a Die Hard film, for the most part.
Jai Courtney looks better as the younger McClane, in part because he gets a lot more time in this trailer, and the villains get a couple of fun lines. Overall I find myself looking forward to this one far more than I ever would have expected, and that’s mostly due to this new trailer. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, December 28th, 2012 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Christoph Waltz might appear in The Muppets 2 after all
- Has Transformers 4 replaced Brenton Thwaites with Jack Reynor?
- Berandal (a.k.a. The Raid 2) announces new cast members
- Walton Goggins promises to be funny in G.I. Joe: Retaliation
- Paul Rudd doesn’t know much about Anchorman 2 but hopes it’ll be good
- Samuel L. Jackson has things to say about Unbreakable
- Paramount and the Puzo estate settle the Godfather suit
- A Good Day to Die Hard debuts two explosive TV spots
- Trick ‘R Treat‘s Sam has a holiday greeting for you
Read More »
This edition of sequel bits is heavy on the big macho movies, but we’ve got some indie work in here too. After the jump read about:
- A new poster is out for A Good Day To Die Hard, and the film will be released in IMAX
- Mark Wahlberg says Transformers 4 starts shooting starts in May, and it’ll be his most challenging role yet.
- The star also thinks Ted 2 might be ready to shoot after that and the ideas are “sick.”
- David Cronenberg explains why Eastern Promises 2 didn’t happen and his idea for The Fly 2, which also didn’t happen.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The lightweight behind the scenes featurette is an integral part of the movie promo process, and through these small “making-of” glimpses at various films, we often get to see a bit of new footage. After the break, get some behind the scenes tastes of Jack Reacher, A Good Day to Die Hard, and Gangster Squad, all of which hit in the next couple months.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 by Angie Han
Could Sean Connery return to the Bond franchise? Believe it or not, it almost happened a third time. Also after the jump:
- The Muppets shoots this winter, Bret McKenzie returns to write more songs
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore has ideas for a sequel
- Robert Zemeckis isn’t planning a Roger Rabbit sequel
- Daniel Craig says Dragon Tattoo sequel needs a script
- Watch a montage of A Good Day to Die Hard filming
- Star Trek Into Darkness will be released in Dolby Atmos
- Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura talks about Red 2
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, October 25th, 2012 by Angie Han
The first teaser trailer for A Good Day to Die Hard was a delightfully explosive bit of fun, but disappointingly, that energy doesn’t seem to have translated to the first teaser poster. Our first bit of print marketing for the action sequel tries to be striking in its simplicity, and merely ends up being bland. Doesn’t help that star Bruce Willis‘ face is so Photoshopped he’s tiptoeing right up against the border of Uncanny Valley, either.
Much more exciting are the badass new international poster for Django Unchained, and the Weinstein Co.’s latest batch of stylish onesheets for Killing Them Softly. Check ’em all out after the jump.
Read More »
The more we see from John Moore‘s A Good Day To Die Hard, the better it looks. We recently got a glimpse at the kinetic teaser trailer and now, in the second trailer, the story begins to slowly reveal itself with even more explosions, more gun fire and the first interactions between John McClane (Bruce Willis) and his son Jack, played by Jai Courtney. Plus: huge bonus points for the Mary Elizabeth Winstead cameo! Check it out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
I’ll give it to Fox’s marketing people: this first teaser trailer for the fifth John McClane outing, A Good Day to Die Hard, is zippy and fun. What happens in the movie? Who is McClane fighting, and why? Who’s the guy with him? Why did that woman even bother wearing a bra if she wasn’t going to wear a shirt under the leather? These questions are but trifles, because EXPLOSIONS! Lots and lots of explosions.
And, once again, Bruce Willis as McClane, with a wryly amused look in his eye and a smirk on his face. I missed that smirk. Get a dose below. Read More »
It worked for Looper, so here once again is an early image from a new Bruce Willis film in which the actor wields a powerful rifle.
In this case, the film is A Good Day to Die Hard, aka Die Hard 5, and a project that isn’t likely to be even vaguely as satisfying as Looper. And this time, instead of having Joseph Gordon-Levitt on board as the younger Willis, we have Jai Courtney (Spartacus) playing Willis Jr. (Actually, he’s playing the junior McClane, but close enough.) The pic puts them both in the frame during the action of the latest episode in the long-running action series, this time from director John Moore. Check out the full shot below. Read More »