Briefly: Earlier this Summer, Warner Bros. moved the 300 follow-up 300: Rise Of An Empire into March 2014. Originally scheduled for an August release date, the move was intended to give us all time to learn more about the, frankly, mysterious film and hopefully get more excited. That journey begins today with the release of a new teaser poster and the promise of a trailer on Wednesday afternoon.
Check out the full image for the Noam Murro directed film, starring Sullivan Stapleton as Greek general Themistokles in a story that parallels the original 300, below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Warner Bros. has begun to shake up their 2014 schedule. The most interesting move is Noam Murro‘s 300: Rise of the Empire, originally scheduled for release this August, has been pushed back to March 7, 2014. The film already set for that date, Doug Liman‘s sci-fi film with Tom Cruise, All You Need Is Kill, has now been moved to the summer, specifically June 6, 2014. Read More »
Posters, quotes, casting and replacements are all part of this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read about the following:
- Sam Worthington discusses the Avatar sequels and a possible third Clash of the Titans film.
- The Hangover Part III Twitter account has revealed some more character posters.
- Is Antonio Banderas joining The Expendables III?
- Benjamin Bratt replaces Al Pacino in Despicable Me 2.
- Listen to Star Trek Into Darkness writers Damon Lindelof, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci talk secrets, fan influence, and villains.
- The poster for Grown Up 2 is a throwback.
- Actress Sophia Myles joins Transformers 4.
- Michelle Rodriguez confirms the villain for Fast and Furious 7.
- Check out an image of FEMA’s role in Godzilla.
- Check out the cover of the Art of 300: Rise of an Empire book.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013 by Angie Han
Hot on the heels of the enthusiastically received new trailer for Man of Steel, Zack Snyder has offered a little taste of another of his upcoming projects.
The filmmaker took to Twitter to reveal the first poster for 300: Rise of an Empire, the long-awaited sequel to his 2006 comic book adaptation 300. Noam Murro (Smart People) takes over in the director’s chair this time around, while Snyder serves as co-writer and producer. Check out the new art after the jump. Read More »
Director Zack Snyder‘s adaptation of Frank Miller‘s graphic novel 300 turned into a surprise hit in 2006, and ever since then there has been speculation about the sequel, or prequel. Miller quickly went to work on a related graphic novel, and several years ago Snyder and his co-writer Kurt Johnstad got to work on a script.
It took some time, but director Noam Murro was eventually set to direct what became called 300: Rise of an Empire, with Sullivan Stapleton set to star as Greek general Themistokles in a story that parallels the original 300.
That image above is the first look at a battle from the new film, and below we’ve got a shot of Stapleton in character. (Hint: he looks like he belongs in 300.) Read More »
Stay Classy…Atlanta? That’s where Anchorman: The Legend Continues is now shooting. Below, you can hear Steve Carell talking about it and even see some set photos of Will Ferrell and Christina Applegate. But that’s not all. After the jump, also read about the follow sequel bits:
- Wreck-It Ralph director Rich Moore spitballs a few ideas for a sequel.
- Vin Diesel posted a new photo from the upcoming Riddick.
- The logo for 300: Rise of an Empire has been revealed.
- Sony sets a release date for Resident Evil 6.
- Comedian Ben Schwartz jokes about doing ADR on Star Trek Into Darkness…
- …while composer Michael Giacchino tweets a photo of recording the score to J.J. Abrams’ film.
Read More »
Lots and lots of filmmakers and actors talking about their upcoming films in this edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump, read quotes about the followin:
- J.J. Abrams gives a brief update of the development of Mission: Impossible 5.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger isn’t sure of when Terminator 5 might happen…
- …but seems excited about playing Conan in The Legend of Conan.
- Playmate Crystal McCahill posted some photos from the set of Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.
- Sorry everyone, William Shatner does not appear in Star Trek Into Darkness.
- A Good Day To Die Hard will get a Dolby Atmos sound mix.
- Actor Rodrigo Santoro talks the story of 300: Rise of an Empire.
- Tom Selleck is still planning on doing Three Men and a Bride.
- John Woo would like to direct a third Expendables film, but has some demands.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Monday, October 1st, 2012 by Angie Han
Some of today’s tidbits involve actors claiming they probably won’t do a sequel. Imagine that. After the jump:
- 300: Rise of an Empire stars gather for a group photo
- Watch an explosive video from Fast and the Furious 6
- Liam Neeson does not think Taken 3 will ever happen
- Mike Tyson and Kendra Wilkinson join Scary Movie 5
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about mo-cap in Hobbit
- Ethan Hawke says Before Midnight may be the end of his unexpectedly long-running series with Richard Linklater.
Read More »