Posted on Monday, December 1st, 2014 by Germain Lussier
Lots of talk, discussion and speculation surrounding The Force Awakens trailer are in this edition of Star Wars Bits, but lots more too. Below, read about the following:
- How many views did the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer get in the first 72 hours?
- The code name for the 2016 Star Wars Stand Alone has been revealed.
- Two new actors have been revealed for The Force Awakens along with their roles.
- Watch Good Morning America‘s “exclusive” revelation about The Force Awakens trailer.
- Marvel announces big events for release of Star Wars #1.
- Benedict Cumberbatch talks about not being in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
- The mystery of Clone Troopers vs. Storm Troopers is settled by the official Star Wars Twitter.
- John Boyega responds to hateful comments of his role in The Force Awakens.
- David Prowse would have loved to be in The Force Awakens.
- Watch a video of the Alamo Drafthouse Force Awakens trailer event.
- Read a line of dialogue from The Force Awakens, a setting description and maybe the opening of the film.
The release of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer was a big deal Friday. How big? The 88 second video was watched 40 million times in just 72 hours according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Recently, /Film gave you an idea of what the 2016 Star Wars Stand Alone movie would be about. It’ll tell the story of how the Rebels got the plans for the first Death Star, with the help of some bounty hunters. Of course we don’t have a title or anything for the movie but Star Wars Underworld has revealed a piece of information that could back that up. They’re reporting the title/codename being used when describing the movie is: Los Alamos. Read more about it at the link.
BBC reporter Lizo Mzimba took to Twitter to reveal two more actors who reportedly appear in The Force Awakens, along with their roles. SW Underworld posted the tweets which reveal actor Sam Carr is playing a Padawan (which is incredibly interesting) and Tony Bailey is a Stormtrooper. Also, actor James McArdle is reportedly playing someone called Xavier.
Over the weekend, Good Morning America teased they’d have exclusive new information about The Force Awakens trailer. And you thought, maybe because they’re owned by Disney, they would. Well, they said it was Andy Serkis doing the voice (which we knew) and that the sound effect at the very end of the trailer is Luke’s from A New Hope. Big news. Watch it at this link.
On January 14, Marvel’s new Star Wars #1 hits comic book shops and on that date, fans who buy the comic will be able to get some exclusive swag like posters, pins and more. Read more at this link.
Though everyone (including himself, kind of) has confirmed Andy Serkis is the voice in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer, some people still swear it’s Benedict Cumberbatch. Well, on a recent red carpet, the actor officially “put that to bed.” Fast forward to four minutes in, thanks to CBM.
With the introduction of John Boyega as a unique, individual Stormtrooper, many were wondering about the Clone Troopers versus original trilogy Stormtroopers. Even though Star Wars Rebels has a full episode of kids training to be Storm Troopers, the official Star Wars Twitter settles the debate:
— Star Wars (@starwars) November 28, 2014
Speaking of Boyega, though his casting was announced several months ago, the teaser trailer was an excuse for lots of Internet hate over the black actor’s appearance in the Star Wars universe. Well, Boyega saw this and responded in a wonderful way. Here’s his Instagram:
One iconic Star Wars actor who is not in The Force Awakens is David Prowse, the man who wore Darth Vader’s outfit when his mask was on. Prowse recently told the Daily Mail he will not be returning for this film and is a bit disappointed by that. However, he was recently diagnosed with dementia and doesn’t think he could remember lines anyway.