Posted on Thursday, December 11th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
This huge edition of Star Wars Bits is filled with something for everyone. Spoilers, non-spoilers, actors, reactions, gossip, art and more. Below, read about the following.
- A Star Wars art exhibit opens in Seattle Thursday night.
- Andy Serkis‘ voiceover was not recorded just for The Force Awakens trailer.
- Mark Hamill was moved by the reaction to The Force Awakens trailer.
- Domhnall Gleeson was super excited by the trailer as well.
- Maisie Richardson-Sellers is again, pretty much confirmed for The Force Awakens.
- A cool practical effects tidbit about the blasters of the Stormtroopers.
- Two of the Stormtrooper actors in The Force Awakens trailer have been revealed.
- David Fincher joked about Adam Driver‘s Star Wars casting.
- Was there a black stormtrooper before John Boyega?
- See the cover for the new novel: Star Wars: Dark Disciple.
- Read a ton of new information, speculation and potential spoilers about The Force Awakens.
Header image: Fan art by Illustrando en Chile.
If you like Star Wars art such as above, and happen to be in Seattle, the Ltd. Art Gallery is hosting their fourth annual Star Wars art show starting this Thursday December 11. All the information is at this link, and here’s just one awesome tease.
Speaking to the NY Daily News, Andy Serkis said he was unaware his voice and dialogue was going to be used in The Force Awakens trailer. ““(Director J.J. Abrams) said to me, ‘Andy, just so you know you’re all over the trailer, your voice is all over the trailer.’ And I went, ‘Oh, that’s great, that’s fantastic,’ but I had no idea it was going to cause such consternation and intrigue.” That’s interesting because it settles the debate as to whether or not that dialogue is actually in the movie or not. It most certainly is.
Mark Hamill spoke to IGN about the incredible reaction to the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer. He tells a story that he watched a reaction video montage of people being excited by it and it really moved him. Beyond that, he remains incredibly tight-lipped, but it’s cool to hear his reaction.
Another Star Wars actor, Domhnall Gleeson, reacted to the trailer in a very positive way. Speaking to the Independent, via JediNews, he said this: “I got really excited when I saw the trailer the other week,” he said. “I am a fan. I saw the prequels before I saw the first ones. I am very excited about it.”
Though she hasn’t been officially named in any cast list, it’s a foregone conclusion that Maisie Richardson-Sellers is in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The latest evidence? Star Wars 7 News found this tweet where a journalist talked to the actress and confirmed she was in the film.
— Patty Adams Martinez (@pattyadams) December 4, 2014