Posted on Saturday, November 7th, 2015 by Ethan Anderton
Twisted by the Dark Side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone he is… Consumed by Star Wars Bits. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- A glimpse at Space Mountain‘s Star Wars makeover at Disneyland
- New interactive Star Wars event planned for Walt Disney Resort
- Preview of Disney Infinity 3.0 on Apple TV featuring the Battle of Yavin
- The interactive Star Wars playroom on Disney Cruise Lines
- How to make Star Wars: The Force Awakens paper snowflakes
- Sideshow Collectibles new Darth Maul figure
- Footage from abandoned Star Wars: First Assault video game
- A quick tour of the planets in Star Wars Battlefront
- What fans would have gotten in abandoned The Force Unleashed 3
- A Star Wars version of the Action Movie FX app is available
— Octavius (@MintCrocodile) November 6, 2015
A fan noticed this makeover give to the roller coaster Space Mountain at Disneyland for the upcoming Season of the Force celebration. It’s just one of the many Star Wars centric happenings that will be happening at the theme park beginning on November 16th.
Speaking of theme park fun, the Walt Disney Resort seems to be putting together a new interactive Star Wars event as Disney Parks and Talent Casting is seeking Interactive Actors with knowledge of all things Star Wars for an upcoming new event. It doesn’t appear to have anything to do with Star Wars Land since the opening of that expansion is so far away, so this must be something more immediate, but details are sparse at this point. Get more information on how to audition here. [Inside the Magic]
If you want to see what Disney Infinity 3.0 is like with the Star Wars expansion packs, you can now try it out. The Battle of Yavin Experience can be downloaded to the new Apple TV, allowing you to play through the iconic space battle from the first Star Wars. However, it’s not as seamless as it might be on a console since it’s on the Apple TV. But if you want to know more about the demo, check out this review over at AppAdvice.
If you’re going on a Disney Cruise Line sometime soon, get a behind the scenes look at the interactive Star Wars playroom that you’ll be able to try out while gliding across the ocean. That Millennium Falcon cockpit is something I want at my house immediately. [InsideTheMagic]
Want to decorate your house with some incredible Star Wars: The Force Awakens snowflakes that you can make yourself? Graphic designer Anthony Herrera has released a guide on how to make your own paper snowflakes commemorating The Force Awakens characters like Finn, Rey, BB-8, Kylo Ren and Poe Dameron. Get the templates over at GeeksAreSexy now.