Posted on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 by Ethan Anderton
Now don’t get jittery, Luke. There are a lot of Star Wars Bits. Keep your distance, though, Chewie, but don’t *look* like you’re trying to keeping your distance. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- New Star Wars artwork from Acme Direct
- A look at The Force Awakens Black Series figures from Wave 2
- Giant pig-like creature from The Force Awakens has a name
- Fans will seriously love a certain Jar Jar Binks reference in Disney Infinity
- Find out what Lucasfilm wouldn’t let Mythbusters do on TV
- Star Wars: Aftermath connections to existing universe revealed
- The first gay Star Wars character has been introduced
All this and more, after the jump.
Arriving on Force Friday last week, Acme Direct revealed some new artwork inspired by Star Wars, including some new pieces in honor of The Force Awakens (as seen above). Check out the entire line-up of new artwork, some of which is still available for purchase, at Acme Direct’s shop.
Only the first wave of Black Series figures from The Force Awakens were available in the United States on Force Friday, though some of them were available in international territories. But a second wave of figures will be coming next month, and they were on display at Fan Expo in Canada. Captain Phasma is pictured above, but you can see Poe Dameron, Constable Zuvio and Guavian Enforcer figures at Star Wars Underworld.
You might remember that a leaked set photo showed off one of the new creatures in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and it looked like a giant pig. Well, as you can see in the Instagram post above, it has a name, and it’s called a Happabore. More accurately, that’s probably the species of the creature as opposed to its name, but you get the idea. Who doesn’t want a big ugly space pig on their shelf? [MakingStarWars.net]