Short List for Spider-Man’s Love Interest Revealed, David Fincher ‘Can’t Imagine’ Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man
Posted on Thursday, August 19th, 2010 by Peter Sciretta
The short list of actresses in the running to play the love interest in Marc Webb‘s 3D reboot of Spider-Man has leaked online. Meanwhile, David Fincher, who directed Andrew Garfield in The Social Network, admits that he “can’t imagine” the actor playing the webbed superhero. Which actresses might co-star in the next Spider-Man movie? And What did Fincher say exactly? Details after the jump!
Heatvision reports the following short list of actresses to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man’s love interest in MArc Webb’s Spider-Man:
- Imogen Poots played Young Valerie in V for Vendetta, Tammy in 28 Weeks Later, Allyson in Solitary Man, Arianne in Centurion, Eva in Chatroom and Amy in the upcoming remake of Fright Night
- Ophelia Lovibond played Marie Kennedy in Nowhere Boy, and has a part in the upcoming London Boulevard
- Lily Collins played Collins in The Blind Side, Kate in the upcoming film Abduction and Lucy in PRiest, as well as Phoebe in the new 90210 television series.
- Teresa Palmer, who was in The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and the upcoming adaptation of I Am Number Four.
- Emma Roberts who played Addie on the television series Unfabulous, and Poppy in Wild Child, Molly in Twelve, Grace in Valentine’s Dayand has parts in the upcoming films Scream 4 and It’s Kind of a Funny Story.
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead, who played John McClane’s daughter in Live Free or Die Hard and the love interest Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim vs the World. Sources say she might no longer be in the running.
No screentests have been held, only readings and meetings, which means it’s very early in the casting process. We are not even sure if Peter Parker’s romatic interest this time around will be Mary Jane Watson. Who would you like to see be cast in the role?
Meanwhile, David Fincher, who directed Andrew Garfield in the upcoming film The Social Network, tells MTV that he can’t imagine Garfield playing the webbed superhero. Here is the quote:
“I can’t imagine [Garfield] in spandex, I can’t imagine him being comfortable. … He’s a wonderful actor, he’s incredibly skilled and empathic and a lovely guy. So it’s nice to see that.”
So there you have it.Cool Posts From Around the Web: