Posted on Friday, February 7th, 2014 by Germain Lussier
By the time The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 2 hits theaters in 2015, the franchise will be among one of the most successful in Hollywood history. So it makes sense producers have decided to honor the memory of Philip Seymour Hoffman and go the expensive route of digitally recreating the late actor for the one major scene he still had to shoot for the film.
The New York Post reported this development, citing “sources from the flick.”
Hoffman, who passed away earlier this week due to an apparent drug overdose, was in the midst of filming scenes for the two part finale of the Hunger Games series. He had one crucial scene left to do for the second film, and producers were looking at various ways to figure out how to move forward. An insider told the Hollywood Reporter digital recreation was was most likely. “You can do digital things, you can have conversations where you’re not focusing on him but the people he’s talking to,” the person said. That would also be something they could do in post-production, which would not slow down principal photography. Now it seems that decision has been made.
Hoffman had two films completed at this year’s Sundance Film Festival followed by the first part of MockingJay, which hits theaters in November. It seems increasingly likely the November 20, 2015 release of The Hunger Games: MockingJay Part 2 will be his final big screen appearance.
Cool Posts From Around the Web: