Posted on Monday, May 3rd, 2010 by Peter Sciretta
It appears that Michael Bay‘s Transformers 3 is begining to gear up as the casting news has begun to leak, including the possible new additions of Patrick Dempsey and Jamie Kennedy.
Patrick Dempsey was recently interviewed by the Brazilian website BOH, and according to the google translation, the actor claims he has been cast in Transformers 3:
“I start filming later this month in “Transformers 3″, which I play a character who is far more “dark” than others.”
Also, tfw2005 caught Jamie Kennedy‘s (Scream, Malibu’s Most Wanted, Ghost Whisperer) interview on 8KUPD Arizona, where the actor claimed that he “had an interesting interview with the people behind the new Transformers movie and I may have a role in the movie.”
- John Malkovich, Frances McDormand, Ken Jeong have also joined the series. McDormand will have a major role in the film as the National Intelligence Director, while Malkovich will play “Shia’s character’s first boss.”
- Also on board: Shia LaBeouf and co-stars Megan Fox Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn and Julie White (Ron and Judy Witwicky) are set to return for the third installment.
- Ehren Kruger penned the script, which has a working title of “Transformers 3″, without series scribes Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.
- Paramount/Dreamworks has been pushing to distribute the film in 3D, and Michael Bay has been testing out the options.
- The film will be shot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China, with shooting scheduled to begin soon.
- The movie is gearing up for a July 1st, 2011 release.