On The Jay Leno Show tonight, Jay Leno made a few jokes, mostly at NBC‘s expense, in response to rumors that the network would be canceling his talk show after a bout of low ratings. While I’m not normally a fan of Leno, as I believe he’s too much of a kiss ass and the definition of “safe” comedy, tonight he was in rare form. You can watch a couple highlights after the jump, or read the transcript below.
- Happy Birthday to Katie Couric, It’s her birthday today. She Left NBC for another network. I have to give her a call to see how that is working out.
- As you may have heard, there is a rumor floating around that we were canceled. I heard it coming in this morning on the radio. So far no one has said anything to me. But Kev, if we did get canceled it will give us time to do some traveling. I understand that Fox is beautiful this time of year.
- I don’t think there is any truth to the rumors… See, it’s always been my experience that NBC only cancels you when you’re in first place. So we are fine.
- The justice department announced they will conduct an anti-trust review of Comcast’s proposed deal to merge with NBC. An anti-trust review. Whch is the relationship I have with NBC. Anti-trust…
- Hey Kev, what does NBC stand for? Never Believe Your Contract.