As you know, over the past week, the Iron Man 2 viral has been in full effect: newspaper clippings have been turning up around the internet, providing clues to… what? We didn’t know. The last and final clue, pictured above, showed up on LatinoReview this afternoon. This somehow led fans to the website starksecretconfessionrevealed.com, which provided a ticking timer which led to the launch of the Iron Man 2 movie trailer on Apple. Watch the trailer now embedded after the jump. Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.
- Sam Rockwell plays a fast-talking weapons manufacturer named Justin Hammer, “who fancies himself the next Tony Stark”. He sells Stark the weapons he uses to construct War Machine.
- Mickey Rourke plays Russian criminal Vanko, who creates his own battle-suit while incarcerated in a Soviet prison.
- Whiplash’s suit “shoots devastating, whip-like beams.”
- Hammer and Whiplash join forces to take on Stark/Iron Man.
- Scarlett Johansson plays Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff (aka the Black Widow), who is hired as Stark’s assistant which inevitably sparks romantic tension between Stark and former assistant Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), who’s been promoted to CEO of Stark Industries.
- Tony is trying to learn more about his father’s mysterious past, specifically the Stark Expo, which must “play a major role in the energy crisis, which is a chief issue in the film.”
Iron Man 2 will hit theaters on May 7th 2010.