Cloverfield is becoming the new iPhone of the movie blog world. So please stick with us as I don’t expect the Cloverfield coverage to stop anytime soon.
Has Cloverfield gone viral? It appears that a viral blog has been set up to help draw people to viral website which has Cloverfield undertones. EthanHaasWasWrong.blogspot.com links to a flash website at EthanHassWasRight.com, which contains a puzzle game. Jason Ritter played a character named Ethan Haas in the 2006 television show The Class. What does that have to do with anything? We don’t know.
I’m still unable to confirm that this website is related the Cloverfield, and I have my suspicions otherwise. The posting on the blogspot site were made over the past two days, and seem to suggest a Cloverfield link. The EthanHaasWasRight website is not new. It seems to have been up earlier last month, and was registed long before the 01-18-08.com website.
The following text can be found in the html code of the site:
…war came, no longer from the elemental nor from the star’s rain of fire. The world was again remade, and the glow was as the coming of the sun upon the Earth. The children of the gods were again too few, scattered and divided and among them walked the ancients and those whose thoughts were not as to the towers and the marvels, but to the End and the destruction of the Earth and to the fires from which nothing could escape.
People have already solved the puzzles. Escape The Room posted the following walkthrough on July 3rd 2007:
1) The first lock will test your memory. Follow the trail of light and sound, but be careful — one wrong move will send you back to the beginning.
2) For the second lock, you may need to look to the stars. They will help you find HAAS who will lead your way.
3) The third lock will require you to extinguish all lights but one. Only with one light remaining will you be able to proceed.
4) The fourth lock will let you move all 4 pieces through the control of one. However, unless the three key pieces are simultaneously placed into position, you will not be granted access.
5) The fifth lock will be the toughest. Seek help again from the stars to reveal your key and the message that you must decode. The two working together will open the way.
We will be sure to update you when we find out more.
Read More About Cloverfield: