Posted on Thursday, January 31st, 2008 by Hunter Stephenson
The nation’s largest online movie ticket company, Fandango, has released some stats for Disney’s theatrical concert extravaganza opening this weekend, Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour. For those who don’t know but secretly care, the movie is in 3D. What does a $15 ticket buy in 3D? Well, how about: guitar pics flying at your face, mic stands being rocked so hard the Blues Brothers would duck, the totes siked hands of huge tween audiences grabbing for you, and one twirling drum stick going “wham!” Beowulf, I want my golden duckets back.
- The concert movie currently accounts for 91% of tickets sold on Fandango
- Over 1,000 showtimes are sold out don’t cha know
- It’s already the best selling concert movie in Fandango’s history (Bono and Keith Richards, up to it?)
- Theaters are adding Thursday midnight shows and 8 a.m. screenings (we don’t need no…)
- The movie’s been a bestseller on the site since December 1st
The movie is only playing in 683 locations according to the trades, but box office is expected to be boffo-in-sequins.Cool Posts From Around the Web: