Posted on Tuesday, November 10th, 2009 by David Chen
This week, Dave Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley wonder whether or not Avatar will actually be profitable, express bafflement at the inclusion of aliens in Peter Berg’s Battleship film, and ponder whether Jake Gyllenhaal’s Prince of Persia constitutes brownface. Special guest Matt Singer joins us from the IFC News podcast.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Monday at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page as we review 2012.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- (00:25) Subscribe to the Tobolowsky Files new podcast feed at Tobolowskyfiles.com!
- (01:47) Introducing Matt Singer from IFC
- (03:15) A note about guests: Leave us comments and tweets if you like them!
What We’ve Been Watching
- Matt (07:15): The Grand, Sliding Doors
- David Chen (17:08): A Christmas Carol
- Devindra (29:44): Mad Men Finale
- (30:56) Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time Movie Trailer
- (41:47) WTF?: Sony has acquired the rights to Risk boardgame and aliens in Battleship?
- (49:08) Avatar’s Budget Approaches $500 million
- (55:07) Danny Boyle’s 127 Hours To Have An Hour of No Dialogue
- (1:00:05) The Box
- The Scene Unseen Podcast is great! Check out their website and listen in!
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Bonaroo.co.uk (use the code “filmcast” for free shipping to the U.S.!)
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!