Posted on Tuesday, October 20th, 2009 by David Chen
In this week’s /Filmcast, Dave Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley praise The Inside Man, wonder why America can’t handle miniseries, celebrate the joys of Glee, and explain the similarities between Where the Wild Things Are and Children of Men. Special guest Stephen Tobolowsky joins us for this episode. You can currently see Stephen on Glee, which airs on FOX, Wednesdays at 9 PM EST.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Monday at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page as we review Lars von Trier’s Antichrist.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- (01:30) Stephen Tobolowsky and the mystery behind his family name
What We’ve Been Watching
- David Chen (05:10): Law Abiding Citizen, Glee
- Devindra (31:32): Inside Man
- Stephen (37:17): Children of Men, 40 Year-Old virgin, Knocked Up
- (47:50) Edge of Darkness Trailer
- (56:20) Jolie/Worthington Project The Tourist to be Helmed by Director of Oscar-Winning Film The Lives of Others
- (58:50) Bob Rodat Hired to Write World of Warcraft Film for Sam Raimi
- (1:02:12) Chris Pine May Be The New Jack Ryan
- (1:07:19) Where the Wild Things Are
- The Scene Unseen Podcast is great! Check out their website and listen in!
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Bonaroo.co.uk (use the code “filmcast” for free shipping to the U.S.!)
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!