In this episode of the /Filmcast, David Chen, Devindra Hardawar and Adam Quigley praise the choice of Ryan Reynolds for The Green Lantern, finally get around to discussing some big changes to the Oscar nomination process, and analyze the social experiment that is Sacha Baron Cohen’s Brüno. Prolific online critic Eric D. Snider joins us for our review.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Join us next Monday at 9 PM EST / 6 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page as we review Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
- (00:45) E-mail slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com with your first date movie stories and enter to win a set of Watchmen-related books. Be sure to include “Watchmen Contest” in the subject line, and put your mailing address in the e-mail.
What Have We Watched
- Devindra (07:20) Away We Go, Hung
- David (14:15): Harry Potter Movies
- Adam (25:20): Flash Gordon
- (34:47) Ryan Reynolds is the Green Lantern
- (41:44) Oscar Nominations Expand to 10
- (46:13) Soderbergh and Stamp to Make a Limey Sequel?
- (48:44) Mel Gibson to Star in the Beaver?
- (52:30) Brüno
- The Scene Unseen Podcast is great! Check out their website and listen in!
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Bonaroo.co.uk (use the code “filmcast” for free shipping to the U.S.!)
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the right-hand side “Donate” links!