Posted on Wednesday, February 4th, 2009 by David Chen
In this episode of the /Filmcast, David Chen, Devindra Hardawar, and Adam Quigley geek out about some Super Bowl movie trailers, debate the wiseness of a Thing re-imagining, and evaluate Liam Nesson’s action hero cred in his new film, Taken. Special guests Russ Fischer from Chud and Myles from Cultural Learnings join us for this episode.
Join us next Monday night at 10 PM EST / 7 PM PST at Slashfilm’s live page as we review Coraline with Frosty from Collider.com!
Download or Play Now:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
What Have We Watched
- David Chen (03:25): Chocolate
- Russ Fischer (10:07): Fire Walk with Me, The 7th Victim, Town that Dreaded Sundown
- Devindra (16:16): Peep Show, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, The Office (Special thanks to Myles McNutt from Cultural Learnings for joining us to discuss the previous shows)
- Adam (29:43): United States of Tara, Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
- (36:54) Green Hornet not so dead after all
- (37:50) GI Joe Super Bowl teaser
- (43:45) Transformers 2 Super Bowl teaser
- (48:30) Updates (feat. Lisa Zhu from The Daily Pennsylvanian) on the Shyamalan Avatar casting debacle
- (54:56) Joe Carnahan to direct A-Team
- (1:00:44) Mickey Rourke’s Wrestlemania adventures
- (1:02:45) The Thing prequel/re-imagining
- (1:10:35) Christian Bale goes American psycho on the Terminator set
- (1:13:55) Taken
- Our music comes from Point 22 courtesy of the Podsafe Network, and Brad Sucks
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our new voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the right-hand side “Donate” links!