Posted on Sunday, October 13th, 2013 by David Chen
Dave and Devindra are joined by Dan Trachtenberg to discuss what makes a genre film great, and also take another look at Gravity’s deceptively simple yet emotionally complex script. Also, Dan makes a shocking revelation about how many times he’s watched Kickboxer.
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
Miscellaneous discussion (01:50)
- Responding to Gravity’s script
- What elevates a genre film?
- Was John Woo ripping himself off in Face/Off?
- The beauty of Hard Boiled
- How many times Dan has seen Kickboxer
Featured Review (45:00)
- Captain Phillips
- (1:07:00) SPOILERS
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Audible. Get a free audio book download by going to audiblepodcast.com/Filmcast.
- Our music sometimes comes from the work of Adam Warrock. You can download our theme song here.
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!