Dave, Devindra, and Peter Sciretta discuss the culture of line-waiting at Comic-Con, Spike Lee’s new Kickstarter project, the achievements of Netflix, and whether 2015 will lead to the end of cinema as we know it. Be sure to read up on why there will be not be a Dredd sequel, The Daily Beast’s profile on Laverne Cox, and what Spike Lee’s Kickstarter can teach us all.
ALSO: It’s been pointed out that the plot of the Oldboy remake could actually be the same as the Park Chan-Wook original. We shall reflect on this.
You can always e-mail us at slashfilmcast(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or call and leave a voicemail at 781-583-1993. Also, like us on Facebook!
Download or Play Now in your Browser:
Subscribe to the /Filmcast:
What We’ve Been Watching (5:11)
- David: Dredd
- Devindra: Longmire, Drinking Buddies
- Peter: The Bridge, Under the Dome, Catfish
News Discussion (38:17)
Featured Review (1:13:20)
- The Wolverine
- (1:30:53) SPOILERS
- A big thanks to our sponsor, Audible. Get a free audio book download by going to audiblepodcast.com/Filmcast.
- Our music sometimes comes from the work of Adam Warrock. You can download our theme song here.
- If you’d like advertise with us or sponsor us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact us at our voicemail number: 781-583-1993
- You can donate and support the /Filmcast by going to www.slashfilmcast.com and clicking on the left-hand side “Donate” links! Thanks to all our donors this week!