For those of you who will be in Austin Texas in late-September for Fantastic Fest, I thought I’d let you know that they have released an iPhone app for the 2010 Festival. Created by Slated as part of the IFP Festival Genius line (the guys who acquired B-Side Entertainment), this app allows you to discover films, plan your festival and interact with other festival-goers.
- Complete schedule, film & event details for Fantastic Fest 2010
- Fully integrated with the official Fantastic Fest web site, powered by IFP Festival Genius™
- Build personal calendar to plan your festival, and rate films after you’ve seen them
- Publish your ratings and personal calendar to the festival web site to share them with the World, and download changes you make on the web site to your phone
- Browse complete film list and event schedule
- Sort by title or by audience rating
- Search by title or director
- Filter by event type, category, and venue
- View film details with stills, synopsis, and cast & crew
- View venue maps
- Build a personal calendar of the films you want to see
- Rate films after you’ve seen them
- View & edit your personal calendar with My Cal
- See what’s playing right now with Now Playing
- Sync your ratings and personal calendar with the festival web site, and download the latest festival schedule & event data
About Fantastic Fest:
Fantastic Fest is the largest genre film festival in the U.S., specializing in horror, fantasy, sci-fi, action and just plain fantastic movies from all around the world.
In years past we have presented the world premieres of THERE WILL BE BLOOD, APOCALYPTO, CITY OF EMBER, ZOMBIELAND, and GENTLEMEN BRONCOS, while our guest roster has included such talent as Mel Gibson, Bill Murray, Dolph Lundgren, Jemaine Clement, Paul Rudd, Bill Pullman, Paul Thomas Anderson, Kevin Smith, Jon Favreau, George Romero, Darren Aronofsky and Mike Judge. We also feature world, national and regional premieres of new, up-and-coming genre films.
Fantastic Fest is held each year at the Paramount Theater and the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema on South Lamar in Austin, Texas. The Alamo Drafthouse was named the best cinema in America by Entertainment Weekly and features food and drink served to your seat without any disruption of the movie experience.
“The geek Telluride… Fantastic Fest lives up to its name” – Variety
“The most important film festival in North America” – Texas MonthlyCool Posts From Around the Web: