Crank 2: High Voltage is set to begin shooting on April 28th in Los Angeles and the casting announcements were made over the weekend:
- Jason Statham returns as hitman Chev Chelios
- Amy Smart returns as his girlfriend Eve
- Dwight Yoakam returns as Doc Miles
- Efren Ramirez returns, but as a character named Venus (Ramirez played Kaylo, who died in the original film)
- Clifton Collins Jr. has been brought on board to play Chelios’ nemesis
- Bai Ling has also been brought on board
Crank 2 begins seconds after the end of the original film. Chelios must face a mobster who has stolen his nearly indestructible heart and replaced it with a battery-powered robotic heart which requires regular jolts of electricity to keep working.
Mark Neveldine has plans to introduce a new moving bullet-time camera rig which he invented for the production. It should be insane, but what else do you expect from Neveldine/Taylor.
source: VarietyCool Posts From Around the Web: