Posted on Monday, October 11th, 2010 by Russ Fischer
Briefly: Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Crank) will soon be shooting the sequel to Ghost Rider. The film stars Nicolas Cage, reprising the role of Johnny Blaze, while Ciaran Hinds, Idris Elba and Johnny Whitworth are all set to play parts.
The cast may now be getting a bit of competition for Cage’s brand of crazy. Today on the official Highlander Facebook page some Ghost Rider news came out after Christopher Lambert spoke to the page’s curator: “Lambert says thank you very much for all the kind comments! He says he is in talks now to do Ghost Rider 2 with Nicholas Cage.” No info on the role he might play right now, but this would be one of the higher-profile American pictures the actor has been in over the past few years. (Most of his work since Southland Tales has been in Europe; he was in the good Claire Denis film White Material last year, for example.)
Ghost Rider 2 will release on February 17, 2012. [via ComingSoon]