There was actual Star Wars movie news Tuesday when a Disney shareholders letter revealed Star Wars Rebels would debut with a full length movie. However, that wasn’t the only interesting thing in the document. Below, read about another huge piece of information and more.
- Disney thinks they have 40 years worth of content thanks to Star Wars.
- Watch a trailer for the new free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion.
- One location proposal for a George Lucas museum has been rejected.
- Star Wars characters might be coming to Disney Infinity.
- A familiar face holding the number “7” graces the cover of an international movie magazine.
- Star Wars Episode VII starts filming in May.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
This edition of Star Wars Bits is all over the map. Below read about the following:
- Star Wars joins Tumblr…
- …and reveals some new Star Wars Rebels concept art.
- Disney announces the 2014 dates for Star Wars Weekends.
- Mythbusters is doing a Star Wars themed episode, watch a trailer.
- Dave Filoni talks about Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Get two popular Star Wars mobile games at a discount.
Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits is all about the visuals. There’s art, video games, and the jawline of Benedict Cumberbatch. Below read about the following.
- A new Disney Interactive Star Wars game, Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, will be released online in early 2014. Watch a trailer below.
- The full demo for Star Wars 1313 is now online.
- Benedict Cumberbatch continues to joke about wanting to be in Star Wars Episode VII.
- A Seattle art gallery has a full Star Wars exhibit.
- Check out how two different artists portrayed the original trilogy in very different ways including arcade games.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, December 4th, 2013 by Angie Han
Darth Vader signs up for Instagram, and posts his very first selfie. Also after the jump:
- Michael B. Jordan addresses those Episode VII rumors
- Katee Sachkoff teases big news, but it’s not Star Wars related
- David Prowse would like to see Darth Vader resurrected
- The Star Wars Identities exhibit will head to Paris next year
- Han Solo’s DL-44 blaster is going up for auction this month
- Is EA Vancouver working on an open-world Star Wars game?
- Why has Disneyland‘s Star Wars land really been delayed?
- Check out a behind-the-scenes video from Star Wars: Rebels
- Take a peek at the new Star Wars art available on Acme Direct
Read More »
Evan Daugherty is a rising star in Hollywood. He wrote Snow White and the Huntsman, Divergent, and the upcoming Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now he’s taking an obvious love of ’80s and ’90s pop culture behind the camera. He wrote and directed a four-part short film series called The Four Players, which is a gritty new take on Nintendo’s sacred property Super Mario Bros.
The first two films, The Fixer, which follows Mario, and The Addict, which follows Luigi, are now online. The Star (with Princess Peach) and The Soldier (with Toad) will be online Friday. They’re pretty fun, check them out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The Call of Duty franchise is consistently successful because gamers expect a certain level of quality. Beautiful graphics, impressive sound, tight gameplay and expansive multi-player action are all hallmarks of the series. In recent years, too, they’ve come to expect big budget, live-action TV commercials directed by and starring some of the best in the business. Guy Ritchie directed a commercial with Robert Downey Jr.; Sam Worthington and Jonah Hill did one; and Kobe Bryant and Jimmy Kimmel pitched the games. Now, with Call of Duty: Ghosts hitting shelves later this week, a brand new commercial has been released with similar star power.
James Mangold, whose latest film The Wolverine recently crossed $400 million internationally, directed a new spot featuring a cameo by Megan Fox. Check it out below. Read More »
By far the worst thing to come out of Disney’s purchase of Lucasfilm was the dismantling of Lucasarts, and thereby the canceling of Star Wars 1313. The third-person actioner would have let gamers play as Boba Fett on a mission in the seedy underbelly of Coruscant. Now, like a punch in a gut, even more concept art from the game has been revealed. Its incredible beauty might bring a tear to your eye, simply because we won’t get to walk around in that virtual world. Check it out below. Read More »
Posted on Friday, October 25th, 2013 by Angie Han
It’s an extra-chatty edition of Sequel Bits, as everyone has a little something to say about everything. After the jump:
- A $500,000 camera has been stolen from Dumb and Dumber To
- The next Aliens game might be about Ripley’s daughter
- Peter Jackson chats about the score for The Hobbit
- Director thinks National Treasure could shoot in two years
- Dan Aykroyd is going on about Ghostbusters 3 again
- Keanu Reeves chats about Point Break and Speed
Read More »
What cool tidbits did you miss from New York Comic-Con? Want to learn more about The Amazing Spider-Man 2 video game? Which woman from Agent Coulson’s past could show up in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? How did James Gunn pay tribute to the end of production on Guardians of the Galaxy? Is there a way for you to see the set of Thor: The Dark World? Did Weta release a video about their work on the end of Iron Man 3? What update just occurred in the Amazing Spider-Man 2 viral? Which Lord of the Rings actor did Tim Burton want to play Joker in Batman? Where can you buy The Dark Knight Trilogy Blu-ray cheap? Did someone make a fake trailer for Aquaman? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »