Dozens of Walt Disney’s trademark characters have already become part of Disney Infinity, the open-world, figure-based video game from The House of Mouse. Mostly the game has focused on Pixar characters from Cars, Toy Story The Incredibles and Monsters Inc., as well as Walt Disney Animation hits Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph. But things have gotten really interesting for the game lately with Marvel heroes entering the mix. But things are about to get even bigger with the arrival of Disney Infinity Star Wars. Hit the jump to watch the first Disney Infinity Star Wars trailer. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There are secrets, there are games, there are rumors and there’s so much non-spoiler awesomeness in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following
- See the first images of Star Wars Disney Infinity.
- Rumors have begun to swirl of an AMC Star Wars Movie Marathon in December.
- A simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster has been spotted in theaters.
- Watch the unfinished Bad Batch episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- The full Untold Clone Wars and Bad Batch Celebration panels are online.
- Where did the Millennium Falcon‘s new satellite come from?
- Check out yet another Ralph McQuarrie influence in the design of The Force Awakens.
- Stunt doubles for several stars of The Force Awakens reportedly did reshoots recently.
- Watch Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley talking Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Japan.
Read More »
Want to fly an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon, but as Darth Vader or Boba Fett? If you can dream it, the new video game Star Wars Battlefront can do it. The highly anticipated game by EA and Dice will be out November 17 and will help you live out your greatest Star Wars battle fantasies.
No matter what weapon, ship or planet you want, odds are Battlefront can combine them to make it happen. Plus, every single TIE Fighter, AT-AT, blaster etc. is an exact photo recreation of the prop from the Lucasfilm archives, meaning this is the closest you’ll ever get to looking at and handling a real one, unless you travel to a galaxy far, far away.
This is all on prominent display in the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, which was unveiled at Star Wars Celebration. Watch it below. Read More »
The rumors about a link between EA’s game Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars The Force Awakens are true. At Celebration, it was revealed that three weeks after the game’s November 17 release, EA will offer a free piece of downloadable content called the Battle of Jakku, the desert planet in the latest Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer. This will help explain how and why all those X-Wing Fighters and Star Destroyers are abandoned on Jakku. Read More »
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars Celebration is in the spotlight, but there’s also movie and TV news in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumored Rogue One star Ben Mendelsohn talks Star Wars fandom.
- The Star Wars Battlefront trailer will debut at 10:30 a.m. PST April 17.
- London fans can watch The Force Awakens Star Wars Celebration panel live.
- Watch Oscar Isaac talk about how his uncle got an extra role in The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars was nominated for 7 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- See official, exclusive Star Wars Celebration apparel.
Read More »
Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar is the height of technical cinema. Whether you love or hate the story, the filmmaking used to bring it to life is extraordinary. The practical and digital effects, the cinematography, production design, IMAX sequences, sound effects, and score are just some of the best of the best. It’s pretty much as high-tech as a movie gets.
So what better way to celebrate Tuesday’s digital release (and the impending Blu-ray release) than with the lowest-tech game imaginable?
Paramount has launched the Interstellar Text Adventure, a text-based game similar to the popular computer games of the early 1980s. There are no images, just text; you have to type in your commands to travel through the galaxy. It’s a lot of fun and a nice throwback. Read More »
The fact there’s a Lego Jurassic World video game coming out pretty exciting. What’s even more exciting is it’ll tell a story that spans all four Jurassic Park movies. Out this June, the Lego Jurassic World game just released a new trailer that shows iconic scenes from the original films reimagined in that trademark Lego way. You’ll hear the actual voices of Jeff Goldblum, Richard Attenborough, but unfortunately get no real sense of what to expect in terms of the fourth movie, Colin Trevorrow’s Jurassic World.
Below, see the Lego Jurassic World trailer as well as the cover and a few still images. Read More »
For every Disney project we see released, there are tons that never see the light of day. A new example for that list is an abandoned Toy Story video game that was going to be set in space. It was being developed by Avalanche Software in the time between releasing their Toy Story 3 game and moving onto the current, ultra popular Disney Infinity.
So what did this mystery Toy Story in space game look like? Artist and animator Sam Nielson has put up some concept art for the game on online. Check out the Toy Story video game concept art below. Read More »