The first image from the second trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens is burned in our brains. A speeder races along a vast desert, and as the camera follows it, a crashed Star Destroyer is revealed. Soon, we learned this is the planet Jakku, home of Rey, and location of an epic battle between the Empire and Rebellion some time after Return of the Jedi. In a single shot, director J.J. Abrams tells his audience how the galaxy has changed since Jedi and sets up the world we’ll see in The Force Awakens.
Soon after that trailer was released, we found out fans will get to participate in the Battle of Jakku when the video game Star Wars Battlefront is released before The Force Awakens.
Now, fast forward to this week and E3. EA released a new trailer for Star Wars Battlefront which takes place on a desert planet and ends with a Star Destroyer crashing. Some have speculated this is our first look at the Battle of Jakku. Is that true? Find out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015 by Angie Han
More dino movie tidbits, plus writhing men and angry robots. After the jump:
- Kauai thanks Steven Spielberg for the Jurassic movies
- A lot of Jurassic World‘s money came from 3D
- Frank Marshall expects a call about Jurassic World 2
- Shawn Hatosy signs up for Fear the Walking Dead
- See a new poster for Alvin and the Chipmunks 4
- Paranormal Activity branches out with a VR game
- UK bookies think Damian Lewis could be the new Bond
- Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new voice of Waze
- Take in a new clip from Terminator: Genisys
- Channing Tatum gets his Magic Mike on at LA Pride
- Jimmy Kimmel asks Chris Pratt about Indiana Jones
Read More »
The following report comes from our video game writer Jon Christensen:
With E3 Expo 2015 happening this week in Los Angeles, a lot of Star Wars video game news has been unleashed upon us. Yesterday we wrote about the new digital collectible card game Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes, a Star Wars: Battlefront trailer showing 5 minutes of assault on both gameplay footage and a first look at Star Wars: The Old Republic—Knights of the Fallen Empire. Today we have even more, Disney Infinity 3.0 has released the Star Wars: Rise Against The Empire trailer showcasing the second playset in the upcoming line, which features the reveal that infamous bounty hunter Boba Fett will be included in the new set. Also EA has released another Star Wars Battlefront video, this time a Co-Op Missions Gameplay Reveal featuring “Survival Mode” on Tatooine. Watch both videos embedded after the jump.
Read More »
A lot of Star Wars video game news out of E3 2015 today. Earlier today we wrote about the new digital collectible card game Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes, and also posted a Star Wars: Battlefront trailer showing 5 minutes of assault on both gameplay footage. Its not over just yet. Lets take a first look at Star Wars: The Old Republic—Knights of the Fallen Empire, a free expansion pack coming later this month that promises a return to cinematic storytelling. Watch the Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Fallen Empire trailer embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Also at E3 2015, Electronic Arts premiered a new trailer for Star Wars Battlefront. The E3 2015 Star Wars Battlefront trailer focuses on multiplayer, showing 5 minutes of actual pre-alpha gameplay captured on the Playstation 4 version of the game. Watch the Star Wars Battlefront gameplay trailer embedded after the jump now.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
At E3 2015, Electronic Arts announced a new Star Wars video game called Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes. The new mobile CCG Role Playing Game experience Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes sounds like EA’s attempt to cash in on the success of Blizzard Entertainment’s highly popular Hearthstone game. Learn more about Star Wars: Galaxy Of Heroes after the jump.
Read More »
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
You’d be right to think of movies and fantasy sports as two totally separate entities. Each has their fans, their rules, their own niches of the Internet. Plus, the cross section of people who know the same about Star Wars and The Avengers as they do Y.A.C and W.H.I.P is probably tiny. Still, you had to think there was a good medium between the two things, and leave it to one of the most famous fantasy personalities in the world to find it.
Matthew Berry, aka ESPN’s “The Talented Mr. Roto,” is one of the founders of Fantasy Movie League, a brand new fantasy film site. The aim is simple: every week players are given the same amount of fake money to fill eight screens of a fictional movie theater. Want the week’s biggest film? It’s going to cost more. Want to use a movie on more than one screen? You can. Then each week, the person who makes the most money for their theater wins.
Below, find out more about Fantasy Movie League. Read More »
Disney Consumer Products invited me to a top secret event this morning at MILK Studios in Hollywood to announce what they were promising to be “the future of PLAY”. The event has yet to begin but Disney has just posted a trailer for the new product, Playmation – Powered By Disney. After the jump you can watch the Disney Playmation trailer. I’ll be back later today with more details and a hands on report. Read More »