Posted on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014 by Angie Han
Today’s Sequel Bits involves the sea floor-dwelling creatures of Bikini Bottom, the high-flying dragon riders of Berk, and everyone in between. After the jump:
- Is China getting sick of effects-heavy Hollywood sequels?
- Rumor has it Jurassic World will feature pterodactyl riders
- Insurgent casts a couple more Dauntless characters
- Paul Walker‘s brother may be in future Fast movies
- Ernie Hudson says Ghostbusters 3 will shoot soon
- Brittany Snow tweets from the set of Pitch Perfect 2
- Get ready for lots and lots of Sharknado tie-in merchandise
- SpongeBob has a Coppertone moment in a new poster
- Watch the trailer for the video game Alien: Isolation
- See a How to Train Your Dragon 2 featurette about the score
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
James Cameron’s Terminator 2: Judgement Day is one of those movies we’ve all seen a million times. When it’s on television, its familiarity is like a warm blanket we can snuggle up in and can enjoy from any point. We even do other things while watching, without getting lost, because we know it so well.
In fact, we know it so well it’s probably lost some of its power. When we first saw the T-1000 emerge from flaming wreckage, or a Mack Truck fly off an overpass, they were eye-popping moments. Now, they’re very familiar. Unless, of course, they’re presented in new ways.
Maybe that means 3D, maybe that means seeing the film on the big screen the first time, or maybe it means the painstaking work of a YouTube team to recreate a scene from the film, nearly shot by shot, using Grand Theft Auto 5. Check out a Terminator 2 GTA chase below. Read More »
Happy (upcoming) Star Wars Day to one and all! After the jump:
- Carrie Fisher‘s mom and Daisy Ridley‘s dad comment on casting
- EW’s Anthony Breznican reveals what he knows about the script
- Here’s another look at that 1313 game you’ll never get to play
- Star Wars Day brings some special discounts on games that do exist
- Watch a trailer for LEGO Star Wars: The New Yoda Chronicles
- D23 brings you a special Star Wars Day message from R2-D2
- Wonder what the folks at Lucasfilm are eating for Star Wars Day?
- Watch a sexy lightsaber battle in Joe Lynch‘s short Saber III
Read More »
No company has even close to the character roster Disney has. In addition to their original characters, theme park characters, animated movie characters and Pixar characters they now own all the Marvel characters and Lucasfilm characters. But how to get each of those universes into one video game? Enter Disney Infinity, a genius idea where users can buy collectable statues of characters which make that character playable in a unique, free-roaming video game world. The first version of the game was released in 2013 and became an instant success.
That first iteration of the game only used Disney characters but a 2.0 version of Infinity has just been revealed which will tie in Marvel’s characters. Below, check out the first trailer and images of Disney Infinity Marvel Super Heroes. Read More »
A couple cool video game/movie tie ins are flying around the news, so it was time for an edition of Video Game Bits.
With The Raid 2 hitting theaters everywhere this week, a retro-style online fighting game is making the rounds allowing you to kick ass, Rama style. Second, a new video teases Marvel superheroes like The Avengers are coming to the popular video game/toy collecting trend, Disney Infinity. And finally, a crowdfunded project called Megafoot, which is for a movie that’ll pit Bigfoot against a cyborg version of himself, has released a unique and awesome perk where contributors can get an exclusive 8-bit Nintendo cartridge tied into the movie. Read about all of this below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
It’s Friday so you can kill a few minutes at work, right? We’ve got just the thing. A site called “What Film/TV Set?” offers ten real life locations you can explore in your Internet browser before guessing what movie or TV show they are part of. This movie location game is a quick time-waster, but it’s fun. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Hiccup and Toothless are as cute as ever. A new batch of adorable How to Train Your Dragon 2 images is proof of that. Also after the jump:
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video for Alien: Isolation
- Legendary is “open” to a Pacific Rim sequel
- Universal schedules Ride Along for January 2016
- Here’s how The Raid 3 connects to The Raid 2
- Could HBO’s Girls make the leap to the big screen?
- Is Matthew McConaughey avoiding Magic Mike 2?
- Mike Bassett: England Manager is getting sequelized.
- There’s a Silence of the Lambs spinoff coming, sorta-kinda.
Read More »
Shaquille O’Neal wants to make a video game. Scratch that. He wants to make another video game. The star of the 1994 fighting game Shaq-Fu has taken to IndieGoGo to raise funds for a reboot of that title, called Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn. Check out the pitch video, teaser and more below. Read More »
Thankfully the Star Wars galaxy is big, because this edition of Bits is all over the map. There are the requisite Star Wars Episode VII rumors, of course, but also theme parks, t-shirts, video games, board games and even posters. Below, read about the following:
- A rumor ties Star Wars Episode VII propmakers to seven-year contacts.
- Watch a video about creativity set inside the Lucasfilm offices.
- Lucasfilm hires a new Executive Producer of Theme Parks.
- Check out some rare, original Star Wars posters.
- Read an insider’s tale of the fall of Lucasarts.
- Enter an official Star Wars t-shirt contest.
- A crazy rumor says Star Wars Episode VII is recasting Princess Leia.
Read More »