The slow but steady integration of Star Wars into the world of Disney continues. Television was first with Star Wars Rebels, movies are on the way like The Force Awakens, theme parks will be later and video games are next. The first new Star Wars console game is an integration into Disney’s already popular Disney Infinity series, which was announced earlier this month. Now several new images from the prequel themed playset, Twilight of the Republic, have been revealed along with new images of the figures. Check out all the new Star Wars Disney Infinity images below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Update From Editor Peter Sciretta: LEGO has revealed images for their LEGO Dimensions expansion packs. Check out a gallery of images, after the jump now. Germain Lussier’s original story from April 9th 2015 follows:
The video game market is some competitive, everyone is always looking for something different. Disney found that when they released Disney Infinity, a game that changed as you bought miniature collectible figures that integrated with the game. Nintendo did something similar with their Amiibo figured and now Lego is getting into the mix. They just announced a new game called Lego Dimensions, which will use special Lego mini figures to create franchise busting scenarios. Among the properties that will be included are Back to the Future, Batman, The Lego Movie, Lord of the Rings, DC Comics, Ninjago, and The Wizard of Oz. Watch a trailer and read more below. Read More »
Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Dozens of Walt Disney’s trademark characters have already become part of Disney Infinity, the open-world, figure-based video game from The House of Mouse. Mostly the game has focused on Pixar characters from Cars, Toy Story The Incredibles and Monsters Inc., as well as Walt Disney Animation hits Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph. But things have gotten really interesting for the game lately with Marvel heroes entering the mix. But things are about to get even bigger with the arrival of Disney Infinity Star Wars. Hit the jump to watch the first Disney Infinity Star Wars trailer. Read More »
There are secrets, there are games, there are rumors and there’s so much non-spoiler awesomeness in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following
- See the first images of Star Wars Disney Infinity.
- Rumors have begun to swirl of an AMC Star Wars Movie Marathon in December.
- A simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster has been spotted in theaters.
- Watch the unfinished Bad Batch episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- The full Untold Clone Wars and Bad Batch Celebration panels are online.
- Where did the Millennium Falcon‘s new satellite come from?
- Check out yet another Ralph McQuarrie influence in the design of The Force Awakens.
- Stunt doubles for several stars of The Force Awakens reportedly did reshoots recently.
- Watch Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley talking Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Japan.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Want to fly an X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon, but as Darth Vader or Boba Fett? If you can dream it, the new video game Star Wars Battlefront can do it. The highly anticipated game by EA and Dice will be out November 17 and will help you live out your greatest Star Wars battle fantasies.
No matter what weapon, ship or planet you want, odds are Battlefront can combine them to make it happen. Plus, every single TIE Fighter, AT-AT, blaster etc. is an exact photo recreation of the prop from the Lucasfilm archives, meaning this is the closest you’ll ever get to looking at and handling a real one, unless you travel to a galaxy far, far away.
This is all on prominent display in the new Star Wars Battlefront trailer, which was unveiled at Star Wars Celebration. Watch it below. Read More »
The rumors about a link between EA’s game Star Wars Battlefront and Star Wars The Force Awakens are true. At Celebration, it was revealed that three weeks after the game’s November 17 release, EA will offer a free piece of downloadable content called the Battle of Jakku, the desert planet in the latest Star Wars The Force Awakens trailer. This will help explain how and why all those X-Wing Fighters and Star Destroyers are abandoned on Jakku. Read More »
Star Wars Celebration leads the charge in this edition of Star Wars Bits, with lots of info on the event. Plus, video games, set stories and more. Below, read about the following:
- Felicity Jones says she’s starting to get ready for Star Wars: Rogue One.
- Hear Carrie Fisher talk about being scared on the set of Star Wars.
- Get details on attending Thursday’s Celebration Star Wars: The Force Awakens panel and see the floor plan.
- Daredevil’s showrunner would love to do a live action Star Wars series.
- Oscar Isaac explains how he learns about Force Awakens online spoilers.
- Footage from Visceral’s untitled Star Wars game likely to debut at E3.
- A tease from the Star Wars Battlefront reveal, as well as a potential release date.
- See the Boba Fett action figure variant cover of Star Wars #4.
- Details have been revealed of the Star Wars cruise packages.
- The cast has been revealed for the Smuggler’s Bounty reading at Celebration.
- The Force Awakens novelization might be delayed until 2016.
- Listen to the funny advice Harrison Ford gave to Oscar Isaac on the set of The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Star Wars Celebration is in the spotlight, but there’s also movie and TV news in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Rumored Rogue One star Ben Mendelsohn talks Star Wars fandom.
- The Star Wars Battlefront trailer will debut at 10:30 a.m. PST April 17.
- London fans can watch The Force Awakens Star Wars Celebration panel live.
- Watch Oscar Isaac talk about how his uncle got an extra role in The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars was nominated for 7 Daytime Emmy Awards.
- See official, exclusive Star Wars Celebration apparel.
Read More »