The Assassin’s Creed movie has only just started filming and it’s already in the running for the best video game movie of all time. Mainly because there hasn’t been a single genuinely good video game movie adaptation yet. When the high point of your genre is Paul W.S. Anderson’s Mortal Kombat, you have a problem. So by hiring an actor as interesting as Michael Fassbender and a director as promising as Justin Kurzel, Ubisoft has already given itself a huge leg up in this race. Even if the movie’s a stinker, it will undoubtedly be one of the best video game movies ever by default.
Now, Jean-Julien Baronnet, the CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures, is comparing the film adaptation of their long-running franchise to Batman Begins and Blade Runner. Those are some big words right there.
Read the new Assassin’s Creed movie details after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There has been a handful of video games based on the foul-mouthed animated series South Park from Comedy Central, and most of them are pretty terrible. There was a first-person shooter for the Nintendo 64 at the height of the show’s early controversial popularity, a racing game called South Park Rally and some mess of a game called South Park: Chef’s Luv Shack.
Thankfully, they’ve gotten better with the most recent release of South Park: The Stick of Truth; maybe that run will continue with the forthcoming sequel called South Park: The Fractured But Whole. (Get it?) But did you know there was another game in the works in the early 2000s that never saw the light of day? See footage from this unreleased South Park video game below! Read More »
Posted on Friday, September 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
Before you go off to spend your weekend chilling like Chewbacca here, we’ve got everything you need to know about what’s new in the world of Star Wars. After the jump:
- Check out an awesome fanmade Holochess table with augmented reality
- Take a peek inside Chewbacca‘s upcoming solo comic series
- The Slave Leia costume and other Star Wars lots are up for auction
- See the Force Awakens pins on sale at Disney parks
- This Battlefront deluxe edition comes with a Han Solo mini-fridge
- The Star Wars Battlefront beta will be open to everyone
- Watch a preview of Star Wars Rebels Season 2
- What accent will Daisy Ridley have in The Force Awakens?
- General Hux actor Domhnall Gleeson defends the First Order
- Rian Johnson thanks the good people of County Kerry, Ireland
- Rest assured no Skellig Michael wildlife was harmed in the shoot
- Mark Hamill has been spotted pulling pints in Ireland
- Episode VIII might be shooting in Greenham Common now
Read More »
Not unlike trailer mash-ups and supercuts, there are plenty of video game modifications out there for those who choose to do their gaming on computers. Specifically, Grand Theft Auto has seen some awesome mods that have brought the Iron Man suit to GTA V and the Back to the Future DeLorean time machine to GTA IV.
But few mods bring something as big as this into the video game world. Gamer Justin Lewis (aka “JJxORACLE”) from Arterius Modding has created a mod that lets gamers fly an Imperial Star Destroyer in Grand Theft Auto V. And we’re not talking about a scaled down Star Destroyer. We’re talking about a massive starship cruising over Los Santos. Read More »
Posted on Monday, August 31st, 2015 by Angie Han
First announced in June, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes has just unleashed its first trailer. The EA mobile game invites players to collect iconic Star Wars characters and form teams to fight battles in familiar locations across the galaxy. Check out the first Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes trailer after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, August 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
This week isn’t done quite yet, and neither is the steady stream of Star Wars news. After the jump:
- Star Wars Celebration Europe is already sold out for Saturday
- Disney Infinity 3.0 developer on bringing Star Wars Rebels characters to life
- Star Wars Rebels may have finally set a return date
- Get details on the rest of the Disney Store’s plans for Force Friday
- Just how much money is Star Wars: The Force Awakens gonna make?
- Captain Phasma (and for some reason Jar Jar) cover a German Star Wars magazine
- Find out what the new First Order star destroyer is called
- Take a peek inside the pages of Star Wars #9
- See gorgeous art from the Battle of Jakku DLC for Star Wars Battlefront
Read More »
Nintendo made their first and only foray into motion pictures with the positively disastrous 1993 adaptation Super Mario Bros., which was recently skewered by the folks at Honest Trailers. Since then, the video game company has steered clear of bringing any of their other characters to the big screen, and we don’t blame them
But it’s been 22 years now, and with a new deal at Universal Studios bringing Nintendo characters to life in a new theme park environment, the company might be turning over a new leaf when it comes to expanding the media reach of their most treasured characters to create some Nintendo movies. Read More »
We’ve already seen a fair share of mash-ups involving this summer’s blockbuster favorite Mad Max: Fury Road. Recently someone made an Adventure Time version of the trailer, and before that someone took elements of Mario Kart and inserted them into the trailer. And now we’re getting an almost real-life version of the latter mash-up done in quite the professional manner, complete with impressive stunt work.
For those who don’t know, there’s a Mad Max video game arriving in stores the same day that Mad Max: Fury Road hit shelves on Blu-Ray and DVD. And the folks at Devin Super Tramp were asked to team up with Warner Bros. Games to make a viral commercial for the video game where they recreate the non-stop chase from Fury Road with GoKarts and paintball guns, and it’s impressive as hell.
Watch the Mad Max Fury Road GoKart video below! Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Ewan McGregor responds to rumors that he will be reprising his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi in a new Star Wars Anthology film. His answer may surprise you a bit.
- Is a new Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic video game being worked on for 2016 release?
- See two more variant cover images for the Journey To Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Shattered Empire comic book series which will help fill in the thirty year gap between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens
- One of the Force Friday releases is teased in a magazine ad: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Monopoly.
- See Boba Fett on the cover of the X-Box Official Magazine to promote Star Wars Battlefront.
- And find out if the Star Wars: The Force Awakens sets are still standing in Abu Dubai.
All that and more.
Read More »