A couple cool video game/movie tie ins are flying around the news, so it was time for an edition of Video Game Bits.
With The Raid 2 hitting theaters everywhere this week, a retro-style online fighting game is making the rounds allowing you to kick ass, Rama style. Second, a new video teases Marvel superheroes like The Avengers are coming to the popular video game/toy collecting trend, Disney Infinity. And finally, a crowdfunded project called Megafoot, which is for a movie that’ll pit Bigfoot against a cyborg version of himself, has released a unique and awesome perk where contributors can get an exclusive 8-bit Nintendo cartridge tied into the movie. Read about all of this below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
It’s Friday so you can kill a few minutes at work, right? We’ve got just the thing. A site called “What Film/TV Set?” offers ten real life locations you can explore in your Internet browser before guessing what movie or TV show they are part of. This movie location game is a quick time-waster, but it’s fun. Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, March 18th, 2014 by Angie Han
In case you were wondering, yes, Hiccup and Toothless are as cute as ever. A new batch of adorable How to Train Your Dragon 2 images is proof of that. Also after the jump:
- Watch a behind-the-scenes video for Alien: Isolation
- Legendary is “open” to a Pacific Rim sequel
- Universal schedules Ride Along for January 2016
- Here’s how The Raid 3 connects to The Raid 2
- Could HBO’s Girls make the leap to the big screen?
- Is Matthew McConaughey avoiding Magic Mike 2?
- Mike Bassett: England Manager is getting sequelized.
- There’s a Silence of the Lambs spinoff coming, sorta-kinda.
Read More »
Shaquille O’Neal wants to make a video game. Scratch that. He wants to make another video game. The star of the 1994 fighting game Shaq-Fu has taken to IndieGoGo to raise funds for a reboot of that title, called Shaq-Fu: A Legend Reborn. Check out the pitch video, teaser and more below. Read More »
Thankfully the Star Wars galaxy is big, because this edition of Bits is all over the map. There are the requisite Star Wars Episode VII rumors, of course, but also theme parks, t-shirts, video games, board games and even posters. Below, read about the following:
- A rumor ties Star Wars Episode VII propmakers to seven-year contacts.
- Watch a video about creativity set inside the Lucasfilm offices.
- Lucasfilm hires a new Executive Producer of Theme Parks.
- Check out some rare, original Star Wars posters.
- Read an insider’s tale of the fall of Lucasarts.
- Enter an official Star Wars t-shirt contest.
- A crazy rumor says Star Wars Episode VII is recasting Princess Leia.
Read More »
There was actual Star Wars movie news Tuesday when a Disney shareholders letter revealed Star Wars Rebels would debut with a full length movie. However, that wasn’t the only interesting thing in the document. Below, read about another huge piece of information and more.
- Disney thinks they have 40 years worth of content thanks to Star Wars.
- Watch a trailer for the new free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion.
- One location proposal for a George Lucas museum has been rejected.
- Star Wars characters might be coming to Disney Infinity.
- A familiar face holding the number “7″ graces the cover of an international movie magazine.
- Star Wars Episode VII starts filming in May.
Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits is all over the map. Below read about the following:
- Star Wars joins Tumblr…
- …and reveals some new Star Wars Rebels concept art.
- Disney announces the 2014 dates for Star Wars Weekends.
- Mythbusters is doing a Star Wars themed episode, watch a trailer.
- Dave Filoni talks about Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- Get two popular Star Wars mobile games at a discount.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
This edition of Star Wars Bits is all about the visuals. There’s art, video games, and the jawline of Benedict Cumberbatch. Below read about the following.
- A new Disney Interactive Star Wars game, Star Wars: Attack Squadrons, will be released online in early 2014. Watch a trailer below.
- The full demo for Star Wars 1313 is now online.
- Benedict Cumberbatch continues to joke about wanting to be in Star Wars Episode VII.
- A Seattle art gallery has a full Star Wars exhibit.
- Check out how two different artists portrayed the original trilogy in very different ways including arcade games.
Read More »