Though casting for Star Wars Episode VII has not yet been made official, once piece is all but assured. Harrison Ford is coming back as Han Solo. This was first reported in February by Latino Review and Ford himself all but confirmed it on The Graham Norton Show in the UK. So while Lucasfilm and Disney have yet to comment on any of this, it seems pretty likely. Now, the latest rumor gives a bit more details on his potential return.
Apparently, Ford had quite a few stipulations that had to be met for him to return for Star Wars Episode VII. And they were. Among the rumored stipulations were assurances progress would be made on Indiana Jones 5 (an idea he’s more excited about than Star Wars) and he wanted approval on Solo’s arc in not only Episode VII, but beyond. Meaning, yes, the character should survive into following films.
Read much more about this rumor below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, October 10th, 2013 by Angie Han
Saving Mr. Banks helmer John Lee Hancock is going to help rescue another iconic Disney character. Hancock has been brought in to assist first-time director Robert Stromberg in shooting new scenes for Maleficent, intended to strengthen the opening of the film.
While it’s not uncommon for big-budget studio productions like this one to go in for reshoots, it is a bit unusual for a studio to bring in another director to help film new material. Hit the jump for the latest updates on the project.
Update: The header image is now the new logo for Malificent which was found via a Spanish blog.
Read More »
A quick glance at the /Film archives reveals the fourth Mad Max movie, Mad Max: Fury Road, has been in the public eye since early 2009. Four years is a normal amount of time for fans to be aware of a movie’s existence (we sometimes hear about movies before scripts exist, for example) but what makes Fury Road so unique is it was supposed to shoot in 2010, then was delayed to a 2012 shoot, and now it’s 2013. The film’s in the can and there’s still no release date in place. The photo above is all we’ve seen.
While most experts tend to think we’ll see George Miller‘s 3D sequel starring Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in 2014, there’s apparently still work to be done. A new report says the director – who shot the film in Africa last year – is heading to Australia in November for three more weeks of filming. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 15th, 2013 by Angie Han
If that thunderous reception in Hall H was any indication, Loki, the villain of Thor and The Avengers, is every bit as popular as any of Marvel’s do-gooders. Unfortunately, since he’s not a hero, there doesn’t seem to be much place for him in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. Even Tom Hiddleston has admitted that his character has nothing else to “contribute to The Avengers, narratively.”
But Alan Taylor has heard the cries for more Loki, and is happy to fill that need in Thor: The Dark World. The director revealed in a recent interview that the film is now going in for reshoots, not because they messed up the first time but because they want to give the trickster god more screentime. Hit the jump to see what he said.
Read More »
You might know the story: the day after the world premiere of The Avengers, Robert Downey Jr. let the cat out of the bag that everyone would be filming one additional scene. Director Joss Whedon and producer Kevin Feige initially denied it and later retracted that statement. Since the film was already complete, including a post-credits scene, speculation ran rampant as to what could possibly be added to the film. Feige created more speculation with the statements that “It was not a scene” and “It’s not a big thing.”
It seems the new addition has been made, it is at the very end of the credits, and we’ve got the description below. Read More »
Over its first five days, The Muppets pulled in over $40 million, making it a bona-fide success for Disney. That’s in large part to the simple fact that the movie is just plain good.
Angie gave The Muppets a great review on the site and it’s still kicking at 98% on Rotten Tomatoes. But the film wasn’t always a rainbow connection. The film had several problems before, during and after production, ranging from original puppeteers not wanting to be a part of the project; current puppeteers not agreeing with character choices; and major changes to the script at almost every stage. Nowhere is that flux better illustrated than the film’s ending. In fact, the ending you now see in theaters is not how the movie originally ended.
After the jump, we’ll reveal the original ending which – of course – will force us to spoil the current ending. If you haven’t seen The Muppets yet, go do that, then come on back. Read More »
Hint: It wasn’t Kenneth Branagh. Thor is still playing in theaters across the world and, if you’re reading this site, chances are you saw it and stayed until after the credits to see what Easter egg Marvel had in store for us. I won’t spoil what happens here, we’ll do that after the jump, but according to one of the actors in the scene, it was not directed by Thor director Kenneth Branagh, but rather by The Avengers director Joss Whedon. After the jump, read how we found out about this but beware of Thor and Avenger spoilers in the context. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
For the sixth time, Spider-Man will be missing his cue. On Friday, producers officially announced that their now infamous musical, Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, would be shut down from April 19-May 11 before reopening with all eyes set on a new opening date of June 14, a three-month delay. This is the culmination of several weeks of rumors and whisperings surrounding new creative voices influencing the show as well as the recent departure of director Julie Taymor, who had been working on Spider-Man for the better part of the decade. According to a press release, the delay is to rehearse and insert “significant and exciting revisions” into the show. Read more after the break. Read More »