Posted on Wednesday, September 9th, 2015 by Angie Han
Legend has gotten some pretty good reviews. Total Film called it a “career-best performance” for star Tom Hardy, Time Out gushed that it was “surely his finest hour,” and so on. But it had a few detractors as well, including one critic who declared it “disappointingly shallow” in a two-star review.
Typically, movie marketers simply don’t use negative reactions. It’s no secret that all those gushing pull quotes in the ads are cherry-picked to make the film look as good as possible. The team behind Legend, on the other hand, decided to put it front and center on their new poster. They just employed some genius visual trickery to make the review look like a rave, rather than a pan. See the Legend negative review poster after the jump. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Thursday, September 3rd, 2015 by Angie Han
As the Internet argues over which actors are “suave” enough to be the next James Bond, Sony has put out a new Spectre poster reminding you that the current James Bond is pretty damn suave himself. While the last poster had Daniel Craig in a relatively casual tactleneck, this one has him in a crisp white tuxedo jacket. Check out the Spectre poster after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Why didn’t Joaquin Phoenix do Doctor Strange? What has Liev Schreiber heard about Wolverine 3? Why does Stan Lee think Fantastic Four flopped? How can you replicate Jared Leto‘s Joker makeup? Do you need a Gotham Season 1 refresher? Who else is coming to Supergirl? What happens when you combine Batman and Deathlok? Has Team Agent Carter made their move in the Great Dubsmash War of 2015? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 28th, 2015 by Angie Han
Just because Steve Jobs is called Steve Jobs, doesn’t mean it’s just about Steve Jobs. In fact, star Kate Winslet says, it’s “almost not about Steve Jobs at all.” Because really, “The film is about all of us.”
She’s speaking symbolically, of course, but it does sound like the film has much more on its mind than just the man in the title. In a new interview, Winslet dishes on the themes of the movie, her “extraordinary, feisty” character, and much more. Read her comments, and check out the new Steve Jobs poster, after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, August 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’ve got new posters, clips, promos, really long pitches for movies that’ll never get made… you name it. After the jump:
- Turns out we already saw those new Star Trek Beyond uniform weeks ago
- Chris Hemsworth shares a selfie to mark the end of Ghostbusters shooting
- Steven Knight has just completed the latest draft of World War Z 2
- Ed Boon reveals the Terminator was considered for Mortal Kombat X
- Director Ed Zwick teases some impressive action for Jack Reacher 2
- Katniss and company stand tall in a new Hunger Games: Mockingjay banner
- Bryan Cranston pays homage to Star Wars in the latest Kung Fu Panda 3 promo
- Thomas sits down for a chat in the first Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials clip
- Max Landis reveals what his American Ultra 2 and Chronicle 2 would have been
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ethan Embry want a Can’t Hardly Wait reunion
- Jason Bateman admits Horrible Bosses 2 was a paycheck gig
- Jonathan Ames is still working on that Bored to Death movie
- See more pics of Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in Creed
- Zachary Quinto on returning to Star Trek without J.J. Abrams
- President Obama (or rather a portrait of him) photobombs an X-Files set pic
- The Maze Runner shares an informative viral video and a new poster
- Ansel Elgort and Theo James celebrate the end of Allegiant Part 1 shooting
Read More »
There are seven posters representing the snow and the eight lead characters of Quentin Tarantino‘s new western, and the full set of The Hateful Eight posters is now out in the wild.
Two of those characters, John Ruth and Daisy Domergue, played by Kurt Russell and Jennifer Jason Leigh, were featured on the first poster release, and over the last few days more sheets have been released. There’s now one each for the rest of the cast: Samuel L. Jackson, Walton Goggins, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, and Demian Bichir.
Read More »
Even though there may not be any new footage from Star Wars: The Force Awakens debuting at D23 this weekend, fans were still given a pretty fantastic treat that is simultaneously something we weren’t sure that we would get to see, but also something unsurprising.
The new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster has been revealed with illustrations from famed poster artist Drew Struzan, the man behind the final theatrical posters for the special edition of the Star Wars trilogy as well as the prequel trilogy, and it’s just as gorgeous as we all hoped. Plus, it also gives us a tease of a certain elegant weapon being used by someone we haven’t seen wield one yet. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. Read More »
Posted on Saturday, August 15th, 2015 by Angie Han
We haven’t heard much about Jon Favreau‘s live-action hybrid adaptation of The Jungle Book since production ended. The studio released a piece of concept art that revealed what the project might look like once it is done, and the filmmaker had Instagrammed a bunch of behind-the-scenes images showing the progress.
Otherwise, however, it’s been pretty much radio silence since December of last year. And so, this year’s D23 Expo was the public’s first major look at the new project. Happily, The Jungle Book did not disappoint. Get our Jungle Book D23 footage and panel recap — and see the first Jungle Book poster — after the jump.
Read More »