You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
There are secrets, there are games, there are rumors and there’s so much non-spoiler awesomeness in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following
- See the first images of Star Wars Disney Infinity.
- Rumors have begun to swirl of an AMC Star Wars Movie Marathon in December.
- A simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster has been spotted in theaters.
- Watch the unfinished Bad Batch episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- The full Untold Clone Wars and Bad Batch Celebration panels are online.
- Where did the Millennium Falcon‘s new satellite come from?
- Check out yet another Ralph McQuarrie influence in the design of The Force Awakens.
- Stunt doubles for several stars of The Force Awakens reportedly did reshoots recently.
- Watch Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley talking Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Japan.
Read More »
When Eastenders actor Ben Hardy was cast in X-Men Apocalypse, everyone thought he was playing Angel. Bryan Singer even posted concept art of Angel in the movie, but there was no mention of Hardy. Reports denied the actor was playing the winged X-Man, creating some confusion. Now, the director has confirmed Hardy is Angel, and he’s even revealed some new concept art to illustrate the character. Check out the X-Men Apocalypse Angel concept art below. Read More »
We all remember Frank Miller‘s adaptation of Will Eisner‘s The Spirit, or maybe we’re trying to forget it. That wasn’t the first time Hollywood attempted to bring the comic book classic to the big screen. One of the previous attempts was to turn the story into an animated movie, with a young director named Brad Bird creating a fake pitch trailer to try to sell the feature. This was of course before Bird went on to direct The Iron Giant, The Incredibles or Ratatouille. He was a young filmmaker just out of Cal Arts.
Find out the Brad Bird The Spirit adaptation story, see some concept art and even read a letter Bird supposedly wrote to pitch the project to Steven Spielberg.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, March 9th, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Sharknado 3 gets hit with a strike-nado, might get delayed
- T.S. Nowlin will be back to script the last Maze Runner
- Joe Carnahan offers a glimpse of the A-Team sequel we never got
- The Poltergeist remake is going to be here two months early
- Sigourney Weaver is excited about Neill Blomkamp’s Alien sequel
- The latest Terminator Genisys rumors are are the craziest yet
- Get another little peek at Bryce Dallas Howard in Jurassic World
- Watch expensive cars chase each other on the set of Spectre
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Wednesday, March 4th, 2015 by Angie Han
Exactly one year from today, we’ll be sitting down for the opening weekend of Zootopia, the next big-screen adventure from Disney Animation. To celebrate that fact, the studio has revealed a new bit of Zootopia concept art showing off the story’s unique setting.
As promised, it looks kind of like a natural habitat “if you squint.” Basically, it’s the city an animal might build if they could design their own. Check out the Zootopia concept art after the jump. Read More »
The name Neill Blomkamp has been everywhere of late. He’s directing the next Alien movie. He says he messed up his last movie. But the one thing that keeps getting lost in all of that talk is that he has a new movie out March 6, called Chappie. It’s the story of robot which gains consciousness, and appears to be infused with the director’s trademark social commentary, high-octane action and a big time cast.
We’ll have more on the film as release approaches but we’re excited to reveal some brand new images from Titan Books’ Chappie: The Art of the Movie. It’s out March 3 and is filled with concept art and behind the scenes images, many of which focus on Sharlto Copley‘s performance capture role as the lead character.
Below, check out brand new Chappie behind the scenes images. Read More »
The official site for Jurassic World has been updated with design renderings for seven new dinosaur species. Some of the Jurassic World dinosaurs have been seen in previous installments of the Jurassic Park franchise, but others are completely new to Jurassic World.
The fact that Universal Pictures has put the designs on the official website signals they probably don’t constitute spoilers, so feel free to dive in. Hit the jump to see the new Jurassic World dinosaur designs.
Read More »
For every Disney project we see released, there are tons that never see the light of day. A new example for that list is an abandoned Toy Story video game that was going to be set in space. It was being developed by Avalanche Software in the time between releasing their Toy Story 3 game and moving onto the current, ultra popular Disney Infinity.
So what did this mystery Toy Story in space game look like? Artist and animator Sam Nielson has put up some concept art for the game on online. Check out the Toy Story video game concept art below. Read More »