As we wait to see whether or not Warner Bros. Pictures will move forward with a sequel to Mad Max: Fury Road, it sounds like director George Miller could end up getting behind the camera for another sequel at the studio.
John Schnepp, the director of the documentary The Death of Superman Lives, has reportedly heard that Miller has been lined up to direct Man of Steel 2, the follow-up to Zack Snyder’s Superman reboot from 2013. Find out more about George Miller directing Man of Steel 2 below! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Hasbro has released a full catalog of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys that are coming out on Force Friday, which takes place on Midnight on September 4th 2015. Most of the toys are pretty much spoiler free as it seems JJ Abrams and the creative team is limiting the early merchandising to mostly the first third of the movie. For instance, notice how the Rey and Finn figures are only available in “Jakku” versions. I’m sure they change outfits and look different throughout the film, but we’re only seeing toys from the early scenes in the Force Awakens.
But there are a couple minor side characters shown and vehicles we have yet to see (most of which I believe were just created for the toy line, so they won’t be featured in the movie), so proceed at your own risk of very very minor spoiler information. Hit the jump to see all the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys.
Read More »
With Captain America: Civil War still in production, there’s been a steady stream of updates here and there about scenes shot and sights spotted on set. We recently caught a glimpse of Black Panther on set for the first time, and there’s reportedly been a sequence shot in Peter Parker’s bedroom, and a rumor circulating about different Spider-Man suits being used in the movie.
Now we have another important detail on the Spider-Man Civil War involvement in the movie that might give away whose side he ends up on in this epic battle of your favorite super heroes. Beware of spoilers from here on out! Read More »
Posted on Friday, August 21st, 2015 by Angie Han
After the jump:
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Ethan Embry want a Can’t Hardly Wait reunion
- Jason Bateman admits Horrible Bosses 2 was a paycheck gig
- Jonathan Ames is still working on that Bored to Death movie
- See more pics of Michael B. Jordan and Sylvester Stallone in Creed
- Zachary Quinto on returning to Star Trek without J.J. Abrams
- President Obama (or rather a portrait of him) photobombs an X-Files set pic
- The Maze Runner shares an informative viral video and a new poster
- Ansel Elgort and Theo James celebrate the end of Allegiant Part 1 shooting
Read More »
Guardians of the Galaxy composer Tyler Bates will return for director James Gunn‘s Guardians of the Galaxy sequel Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. More on the Guardians of the Galaxy 2 composer after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Even as Fifty Shades of Grey was being released to theaters this past February, we knew that director Sam Taylor-Johnson wasn’t likely to be back to direct the adaptation of the sequel novel, Fifty Shades Darker. There was talk of a power play on the part of novel author E.L. James, who reportedly wanted to write the sequel script herself, the better to keep it close to the novel. The screenwriting gig for the sequel went to Niall Leonard, who is married to James, but the director’s chair for the sequel has remained open.
Now James Foley (House of Cards, Fear, Glengarry Glen Ross) has turned up as the likely Fifty Shades sequel director. Read More »
In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- See what Chewbacca looks like without hair.
- Watch the Disney Infinity Star Wars Twilight of the Republic trailer.
- See some of the best art from the Star Wars Art Awakens contest so far.
- A new image from Star Wars Rebels season 2 and information on the 2015 New York Comic Con presentation.
- Han Solo’s past finally confirmed or debunked in issue #8 of Marvel’s Star Wars comic book.
- Two new spoiler-free synopses for Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books
- What is the X-Wing Squadron called in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- And your chance to bid on special artist-painted Stormtrooper Helmets to benefit Star Wars: Force For a Change‘s UNICEF efforts.
All that and more in today’s Star Wars Bits. Hit the jump to hyperspace.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, August 20th, 2015 by Angie Han
AMC’s The Walking Dead spinoff Fear the Walking Dead promises to differ from its predecessor in some significant ways. It’s set in an entirely different location, following entirely new characters, at the dawn of the apocalyptic outbreak instead of the middle of it.
But it’s still a variation on The Walking Dead, and that means we can look forward to grit, gore, and some good old-fashioned people-eating. The first three minutes of Fear the Walking Dead wastes no time getting to the good stuff, as you can see after the jump. Read More »
We don’t know much about Lupita Nyong’o‘s character in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. And we might not learn anymore about her role until we see the movie. Even with “Force Friday” quickly approaching, the actress believes we won’t see Maz Kanata until we see the character on the big screen in the film.
Read More »