This week filmmaker Christopher Nolan appeared on The Colbert Report. I wanted to spotlight this interview because Christopher Nolan usually doesn’t do fun talk shows like Colbert, and Stephen gets the almost-always-serious Nolan to swear and talk on a more down to earth level. I know that Nolan is very picky about which outlets he does interviews with (rumor has it he hates online blogs, which is why you almost never see him talk 1:1 with anything but print and television press) so for him to accept an interview with Stephen Colbert likely means he’s watched the show (he tells Colbert he’s also a big fan of his in the quick intro). My favorite moment comes when Colbert takes Nolan to task for making him think in a big blockbuster space epic, asking “Guardians of the Galaxy didn’t make me do that… why do you want to make me think? Why can’t you have shit just blow up?” Watch the full Christopher Nolan Colbert Report Interview embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Oscar Isaac continues to offer up awesome stories from The Force Awakens. Below, read about those as well as these interesting Star Wars Bits.
- Oscar Isaac talks flying an X-Wing, practical effects and more in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- New details surface about Andy Serkis‘ Force Awakens‘ character.
- Serkis was pleasantly surprised by the reaction to the trailer.
- iTunes may have mistakenly identified the hooded figure in The Force Awakens trailer.
- Joel Edgerton will bet you $50 he knows the identity of the same character.
- In 2008, George Lucas said there would never be a Sequel Trilogy
- Learn how to 3D print your own triple lightsaber.
- Marvel’s Star Wars #1 is going to set some sales records, plus see the best variant cover yet.
Read More »
The odds of this happening are akin to successfully navigating an asteroid field, but it’s just so fun we had to pass it along. One site is reporting that Warner Bros. has offered Christopher Nolan the opportunity to direct Ready Player One, Ernie Cline‘s pop culture-infused sci-fi adventure, adapted by Zak Penn.
Recently, we reported that Penn’s script had been turned into the studio. If they like it, the timing is right to go out to directors. However, you have to think that Warner Bros. offers Nolan every single movie they have. If he wanted to direct Justice League, Wonder Woman, another Batman movie or The Hobbit, he could. So the question is, if this happened at all, would Christopher Nolan ever direct this film? Also, what does the offer say about the state of the property? Read more about Christopher Nolan Ready Player One below. Read More »
This morning, Paramount Pictures released the first teaser trailer for Alan Taylor‘s Terminator Genisys. You can watch that trailer here, in case you haven’t seen it already. And for those of you who really want to take in all of the visuals revealed in the first Terminator Genisys trailer, we have compiled a batch of high resolution images from the film to let you take in all the goodness one image at a time, complete with an image by image analysis by me. I’ve also taken the time to compare some of the events in the new film side by side with moments in James Cameron‘s original The Terminator. Hit the jump to see the Terminator Genisys photos now.
Read More »
Someone in Paramount’s marketing department, or perhaps at a poster design firm, really has a thing for fields of wheat, strong sun, and specific poses. Today we just saw the first poster for Terminator Genisys, on which Emilia Clarke, as Sarah Connor, faces away from camera, the head of a T-800 terminator in one hand. But that poster bears more than a passing similarity to the ad for another Paramount movie, Transformers: Age of Extinction. The two posters could be advertising one Terminator Transformers mash-up movie, like Terminator: Age of Extinction. Check out the comparison below. Read More »
The Star Wars world is still buzzing about the Force Awakens trailer, and there are lots of tidbits about it below along with some massive potential spoilers. Below, read about the following.
- The Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is on pace to be the most viewed in Internet history.
- Fans and celebrities alike react to and freak out over the Force Awakens trailer
- See more Force Awakens fan art.
- What does the Millennium Falcon shot in The Force Awakens look like when it is stabilized?
- Read a super-detailed article about the new Ball Droid in The Force Awakens.
- How do toy collectors see the Force Awakens trailer?
- What is Andy Serkis‘ role in The Force Awakens?
- Star Wars Rebels is a hit for Disney XD.
- A mother load of likely false Force Awakens plot details were released.
Read More »
Paramount Pictures has released the first trailer for Alan Taylor‘s Terminator: Genisys, which acts as a reboot of the Terminator series, and a sequel to the existing films, and possibly the first film in a new trilogy. Watch the Terminator Genisys trailer embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
One of the most interesting things about the new Planet of the Apes films is we all know where they’re going. Eventually in this story, maybe thousands of years down the road, a human astronaut will land on the planet and eventually realize he has come home to a very changed Earth. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes director Matt Reeves knows this. He also thinks the concept is incredibly far off from where his last film left off and where the next film, scheduled for July 29, 2016, will go.
In a new interview, Reeves talked about the importance of this next chapter in cementing that history and hypothesized about the story eventually reaching the point of the original movie. Would he do a remake of the 1968 original, or how would they handle that in this new version of the films? Reeves has thought about it. Read the Matt Reeves Planet of the Apes remake quotes below. Read More »