It’s hard to believe, but San Diego Comic-Con is already less than two weeks away, and all of us here at SlashFilm will be running ourselves ragged to bring you all the latest news straight out of the convention center housing the biggest pop culture gathering in the country.
And along with the big news coming out of Comic-Con also comes cool goodies that will only be available for purhcase at the convention, and then eventually eBay for those who weren’t lucky enough to be in San Diego. And for all you Star Wars fans, Toys R Us just unveiled a new Black Series action figure set that Return of the Jedi fans will love.
Check out the Jabba’s Rancor Pit action figure set after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »
Despite the fact that facehuggers are not good for your health, it’s likely that won’t stop people from purchasing an Alien egg carton, straight from LV-426, provided by the fine people at Weyland-Yutani. And you’ll be able to do just that thanks to a fine new collectible from the folks at NECA.
Check out the Alien egg carton after the jump! Read More »
If for some reason you’ve seen Star Wars but you haven’t yet partaken of Mel Brooks‘ classic parody Spaceballs, it’s about time you fixed that. In classic Mel Brooks fashion, Spaceballs mocks everything about Star Wars with self-referenctial humor, fourth wall breaks, and jokes about sci-fi tropes and goofy characters like Dark Helmet. It’s a favorite among comedy fans and sci-fi fans alike.
And now there’s the chance to partake in wise Yogurt’s noble endeavor of merchandising. One fan at LEGO Ideas has crafted two custom LEGO sets that give two of the iconic spacecrafts from Spaceballs the building block treatment. You can help vote to make them a reality. See the Spaceballs LEGO sets after the jump! Read More »
Since Jurassic World is all the rage right now, there’s been plenty of nostalgia looking back at the original Jurassic Park. But we’ve yet to see a resurgence of toys dedicated to the original Steven Spielberg dinosaur adventure. However, that could change with a little bit of help from fans.
There’s a project that just surfaced at LEGO Ideas that has an awesome building block version of the visitor center from Jurassic Park. It’s an impressive set that actually has some pretty clever moving parts that allow you to see inside the visitor center, where more than a few pivotal locations from the film have been recreated.
Check out the LEGO Jurassic Park visitor center after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Hasbro has announced the tiniest San Diego Comic Con exclusive for Marvel’s tiniest hero. The toy company will be releasing a Comic Con exclusive limited edition Ant-Man figure, but the catch is the future will be almost life size: Thats right, the Ant-Man figure will be a 0.75-inch figure, or as Hasbo puts it “smaller than a penny (or a really big ant)”. Find out about this tiny SDCC exclusive as well as a much bigger Ant-Man Comic Con exclusive, after the jump.
Read More »
Hopefully by now you’ve caught up on Game of Thrones and saw the devastating fifth season finale that had quite a bit of death in it. We won’t post any spoilers here just in case you haven’t had the time to catch up, but suffice it to say that there are plenty of fans, even those who read the books, who were crushed by the finale’s events.
And if you’ve just got so much rage about all the deaths that happened this season, or you’re mad that the rest of the Game of Thrones books aren’t being written fast enough, then maybe you’d like to take your rage out on George R.R. Martin himself. Sadly, you probably won’t get time to chat with him in the near future, but you can beat up a new George R.R. Martin plush toy that will be available as a Comic-Con exclusive next month! Read More »
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
If you’re a fan of both LEGO and Marvel, then you’ve likely enjoyed the two brands teaming up for a variety of LEGO sets inspired by both the comic books and the cinematic universe. However, sometimes the official merchandise for a particular brand can be a little disappointing. And there are some fans who just weren’t impressed with the LEGO set that recreated the Hulkbuster armor from The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Thankfully, a LEGO and Marvel fan has taken it upon himself to build a different LEGO Hulkbuster, one that’s a little beefier and more worthy of battling Hulk. And there’s even a chance that you can get your hands on it. Check out the custom LEGO Hulkbuster after the jump! Read More »