Hopefully by now you’ve caught up on Game of Thrones and saw the devastating fifth season finale that had quite a bit of death in it. We won’t post any spoilers here just in case you haven’t had the time to catch up, but suffice it to say that there are plenty of fans, even those who read the books, who were crushed by the finale’s events.
And if you’ve just got so much rage about all the deaths that happened this season, or you’re mad that the rest of the Game of Thrones books aren’t being written fast enough, then maybe you’d like to take your rage out on George R.R. Martin himself. Sadly, you probably won’t get time to chat with him in the near future, but you can beat up a new George R.R. Martin plush toy that will be available as a Comic-Con exclusive next month! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
Earlier this year, Lego approved official sets based on a bunch of awesome properties: The Big Bang Theory, Doctor Who and WALL-E. Personally, that last one was the most exciting and now we have our first look at the set. There still are not any official specs but you can get a look at how beautiful this set turned out. See the official Lego WALL-E set images below. Read More »
If you’re a fan of both LEGO and Marvel, then you’ve likely enjoyed the two brands teaming up for a variety of LEGO sets inspired by both the comic books and the cinematic universe. However, sometimes the official merchandise for a particular brand can be a little disappointing. And there are some fans who just weren’t impressed with the LEGO set that recreated the Hulkbuster armor from The Avengers: Age of Ultron.
Thankfully, a LEGO and Marvel fan has taken it upon himself to build a different LEGO Hulkbuster, one that’s a little beefier and more worthy of battling Hulk. And there’s even a chance that you can get your hands on it. Check out the custom LEGO Hulkbuster after the jump! Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys won’t be on sale until September 4, but they’ll first be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con. That’s where fans will first get a look at toys of characters such as Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo Ren. To give us a little tease, though, Lucasfilm has revealed a first look at the First Order Stormtrooper in three different forms. There’s his Lego form, the Hasbro Black Series and then a Hot Wheels car version. See the first Star Wars The Force Awakens toys below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
If you’re into toys and video games, this is a particularly solid edition of Star Wars Bits. The rest is pretty good too. Below, read about the following:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees to help on Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- Amazing images from the original trilogy section of Disney Infinity 3.0 hit the web.
- Geonosis and Tatooine in Disney Infinity 3.0 are revealed.
- Read an interview with the writer of Star Wars #6.
- Check out some Indiana Jones easter eggs in The Clone Wars.
- Find out the names and sizes of all the Force Awakens LEGO sets.
- What went into bringing Ashoka back for Star Wars Rebels?
- The company which designed BB-8 is expanding.
- Find out a few more details on Star Wars: Uprising.
- See what First Order bed sheets look like, licensed from The Force Awakens.
- Could we see Ewoks in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
Read More »
We’re pretty sure no Bothans died to bring you this latest edition of Star Wars Bits, but we can’t be sure. Here’s what you’ll find in the latest update on all things Star Wars:
- The opening crawls of the Star Wars saga get ranked,
- Rumored story details on a new hero’s lightsaber use in The Force Awakens,
- Star Wars Reads Day returns this fall,
- Another Game of Thrones star talks about being on The Force Awakens set,
- The Force Awakens First Order Stormtrooper Black Series figure revealed?
- Star Wars Uprising mobile game to fill story gaps?
- The Star Wars Rebels soundtrack is available online.
Read More »
Here at /Film, we’re big fans of anything having to do with LEGO. That includes real LEGO sets like the recent Kwik-E-Mart release from The Simpsons, custom LEGO sets such as this massive 10,000 piece Millennium Falcon, and even video games like the forthcoming LEGO Jurassic World. So you can imagine how excited we were to find out that one LEGO fan built some custom sets paying tribute to Mad Max: Fury Road.
A Flickr user going by the name “LEGO Will” has built some incredible custom LEGO Mad Max: Fury Road vehicles, including the rogue War Rig commandeered by Imperator Furiosa. In addition, there’s also a rather interesting variation on Immortan Joe’s modified 1959 Cadillac that fans of another popular film franchise will appreciate. Check out the custom LEGO Mad Max Fury Road vehicles after the jump! Read More »
You’re all clear, kid! Now let’s read these Star Wars Bits and go home! Here’s all the good stuff we’ve got below for today’s round-up of Star Wars updates for the weekend:
- Which Star Wars character does Brad Bird want to direct a movie about?
- Lords of the Sith novel made The New York Times bestseller list
- See a piece of concept art with an alternate version of Kylo Ren
- StarWars.com counts down the best Star Wars costumes
- Star Wars Weekends is getting some cool ice cubes and cupcakes
- Infographic tracks the Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars saga
- Star Wars gets a new exhibit at Madame Tussauds in London
- Potential Star Wars: Rogue One spoilers concerning returning characters
- Two new Vinylmation figures coming to Star Wars Weekends
- See a LEGO Super Star Destroyer destroyed in slow-motion
- What planet are the X-Wings flying on in The Force Awakens trailers?
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens t-shirt at Star Wars Weekends
- Millennium Falcon and more playable vehicles in Star Wars Battlefront
- Sneak preview of Star Wars #5 comic book
Read More »