We’ve already covered the rumors of Harrison Ford’s injury potentially delaying Star Wars Episode VII, but that’s far from the only thing going on in the world of Star Wars. You can read more at that link and, below, you can read about the following:
- Two well-known Star Wars “groups” could appear in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Domhnall Gleeson expertly avoids talking Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch Super 8 animation test footage from The Empire Strikes Back.
- Matt Reeves says J.J. Abrams is doing something “exciting” with Episode VII.
- Could Jango Fett himself, Temuera Morrison, play Boba Fett in a spinoff film?
- Think you’re a big Star Wars fan? You haven’t seen these superfans.
- See images of a brand new Millennium Falcon toy release.
- Rumored details of Gwendoline Christie‘s Episode VII role have been released.
- Anthony Daniels confirms Simon Pegg‘s visit to the Star Wars Episode VII set.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Sideshow Collectibles sent me a sample of Hot Toys’ Chitauri Commander Sixth Scale Figure from Marvel’s The Avengers. Lets unbox this figure and take a look at whats inside. After the jump you will find photos of the Hot Toys Chitauri Commander Sixth Scale Figure Set, alongside my thoughts on the product.
Read More »
You’ve seen the video, now see it up close and personal.
Saturday in Los Angeles actor Tony Revolori joined Lego builder Ryan Ziegelbauer to officially reveal the 50,000 piece Lego version of Wes Anderson‘s The Grand Budapest Hotel. The event was held at outdoor mall The Grove, as dozens of people stood around to watch the pair pull the curtain back, take pictures and answer questions. It took Ziegelbauer 72 days, totaling 575 hours, along with a team of ten to create the massive building. They had to source many of the pieces from collectors around the world, including 14 US states and all over Europe. The entire endeavor can be described in one word: massive.
The Lego Grand Budapest Hotel was build with the financial assistance of Fox to help promote the Blu-ray edition of Wes Anderson’s magnificent film. That takes places Tuesday June 17. Below, check out some photos of the event as well as some up close detailed shots, and find how where you can see the Lego Grand Budapest Hotel on display for the rest of the summer. Read More »
A cryptic tease hit the movie press corp on Thursday: an image featuring a single pink Lego brick, and the name of Wes Anderson’s latest masterpiece, The Grand Budapest Hotel. Many – myself included – began wildly speculating about a collaboration between the indie filmmaker and massive toymaker on a consumer set. Alas, that’s not the case.
Instead, to help promote the June 17 Blu-ray release of the film, Fox Searchlight hired Lego builder Ryan Ziegelbauer and his team to create a huge version of the hotel to put on display. The result took 575 hours, is made of more than 50,000 bricks, weights 150 pounds, stands 7 feet tall and stretches 6.5 feet wide. It’ll be on display at The Grove in Los Angeles June 14 and 15 and we’ll have some more details photos over the weekend.
For now, check out a video of the impressive build of The Grand Budapest Hotel Lego. Read More »
Everything from actual on-set news and casting, to television and merchandise is in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Harrison Ford is injured on the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lawrence Kasdan is again rumored to write Boba Fett spinoff.
- Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars gets a premiere date.
- Gareth Edwards talks his Star Wars spin-off, which will be shot in the UK.
- See a new image of the Hot Wheels Darth Vader Comic-Con exclusive.
- John Boyega‘s father may have a role in Episode VII.
- The Abu Dhabi Episode VII sets are likely to be preserved.
- Lego Star Wars Lightsaber Set gets 10,000 supporters.
- Buy a replica of Han Solo‘s Bespin Outfit.
- Four new Star Wars art pieces will be out Friday from Acme Archives.
Read More »
Today we bring to you a couple awesome custom LEGO creations based on movies: the biggest, most accurate Lego Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer ever built and a huge LEGO Stay Puft Marshmallow Man New York City diorama. Hit the jump to see and learn more.
Read More »
There are many things wrong with mega-conventions, and the team behind MondoCon is going to try and fix them. At many conventions the food sucks, it’s too crowded, and the lines are too long. These are problems Mondo knows about, and seeks to improve upon for the company’s first con. The stuff they won’t be able to fix — in fact, what Mondo might make worse — are the many geek Sophie’s Choices fans constantly have to make.
MondoCon, the first Mondo-centric pop culture convention, takes place September 20-21 in Austin, Texas. (That’s during the opening weekend of Fantastic Fest.) Tickets go on sale Wednesday June 4. An initial press release giving some general idea about the convention came online Monday but it raised many more questions than it answered. I got on the phone with Mondo’s Creative Director Justin Ishmael to get more answers. We talked about questions such as, how Mondo will handle the lines, what kind of events will be at the con, which artists are attending, and exactly how big the event will be.
Ishmael was able to answer some of those questions, as well as others. The prevailing feeling I got speaking to him is that, much like Comic-Con, MondoCon is going to have so much excellent stuff happening simultaneously that fans will have to make some really tough decisions on what they want to do over the course of the two days. Read more about MondoCon below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Lego is never a company that makes big announcements. With little fanfare this past weekend, they released their 30th anniversary Ghostbusters set. Created under the Lego Ideas banner, this 508-piece set (suitable for ages 10 and up) is comprised of the Ecto-1 and the four main Ghostbusters: Peter Venkman, Ray Stantz, Egon Spengler and Winston Zeddemore.
Below, find out how you can buy the Lego Ghostbusters Ecto-1 and see a bunch of photos of the set complete built. Also, see official images of the Guardians of the Galaxy Lego sets, which are also now out. Read More »