We’re just four days away from Force Friday, the huge unveiling of goodies that continues to fuel the hype machine for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, a day which will be preceded by an 18-hour live streaming unboxing event. And while it seemed like we had seen a majority of the toys that will be sold, and therefore all the characters they’ll introduce, it appears there are still some new items to see.
In fact, two new action figures have just been unveiled, showing us two new The Force Awakens alien characters. One of them is a Resistance X-Wing pilot while the other is a character we’ve seen before, but didn’t have a name at the time. Check out the characters below! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Even though Star Wars: The Force Awakens isn’t out until December 18th, some fans have already decided that their new favorite character is the adorable little ball droid known as BB-8. The character debuted in the first teaser for the film, rolling across a desert service, its little motor whirring as it moved as quick as it could. However, we’ve yet to here what the little droid actually sounds like.
A new commercial for Star Wars LEGO sets for The Force Awakens features some quick animation specifically one part with the little droid running from Kylo Ren and some First Order Stormtroopers where we get to hear what BB-8 sounds like for the first time. Check it out below! Read More »
Disney Consumer Products has announced that they will unveil products inspired by the upcoming film Star Wars: The Force Awakens through an unprecedented 18-hour long live YouTube stream of unboxing videos. Pretty insane. Watch the video announcement and read the full star wars toys unboxing press release after the jump now.
Read More »
Hasbro has released a full catalog of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys that are coming out on Force Friday, which takes place on Midnight on September 4th 2015. Most of the toys are pretty much spoiler free as it seems JJ Abrams and the creative team is limiting the early merchandising to mostly the first third of the movie. For instance, notice how the Rey and Finn figures are only available in “Jakku” versions. I’m sure they change outfits and look different throughout the film, but we’re only seeing toys from the early scenes in the Force Awakens.
But there are a couple minor side characters shown and vehicles we have yet to see (most of which I believe were just created for the toy line, so they won’t be featured in the movie), so proceed at your own risk of very very minor spoiler information. Hit the jump to see all the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, August 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
We’re not quite done with Star Wars D23 stuff, but there’s non-D23 stuff here, too. After the jump:
- Find out where to get the cheeky car decal seen above
- Watch highlights from the Star Wars D23 panel
- J.J. Abrams explains why anyone would even want to join the First Order
- … and gushes about Gwendoline Christie as Captain Phasma
- Oscar Isaac talks about growing up in a Star Wars-obsessed family
- Daisy Ridley looks pleased as punch with her Drew Struzan Episode VII poster
- Learn a tiny bit more about Episode VII‘s Constable Zuvio
- Ooh and ahh over Sideshow‘s deluxe edition Boba Fett figure
- Get details on the limited-edition Darth Vader PlayStation 4 console
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Friday, August 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
Had enough Star Wars yet this week? Surely not. After the jump:
- Check out another new image from Star Wars: Battlefront
- … and get details on the game’s just-announced “Supremacy” mode
- The Battlefront tie-in novel Twilight Company gets an official synopsis
- Ooh and aah over the pretty colors of the Star Wars CoverGirl makeup collection
- … and find out which other brands are partnering with Lucasfilm for The Force Awakens
- Go inside ILM‘s VR and augmented reality think tank, xLab (Rogue One‘s Gareth Edwards is a fan)
- An anonymous insider reports from a John Williams recording session
- Force Awakens returns to Skellig Michael for more shooting this fall
- Are the new Star Wars: The Force Awakens 3.75″ toys hinting at something?
- See a preview of Kanan: The Last Padawan #5 and Star Wars #8
- Shattered Empire #1 gets pushed back a week (boo), and reveals a variant cover (yay!)
Read More »
We’ve seen our fair share of custom LEGO sets, delivering building block versions of vehicles and settings from our favorite movies, such as the Jurassic Park visitor center or the armored vehicles of Mad Max: Fury Road.
However, rarely do we see a single person given the LEGO treatment. But if there’s any person who was worthy of being recreated in building block form, it’s someone like Stan Lee. The comic book writer and creator is responsible for creating some of Marvel’s most iconic characters, from Spider-Man to Iron Man to X-Men, and now two custom Stan Lee LEGO Ideas projects are hoping to become official LEGO sets for fans to build at home. Read More »
Update From Editor Peter Sciretta: The official LEGO WALL-E set is now available for pre-order. See photos and learn how to pre-order this lovable droid, after the jump.
Read More »
Fans of both LEGO and Star Wars already know that there’s an official version of the Sandcrawler from Star Wars: A New Hope available for purchase. It’s a pretty impressive and expensive set that has over 3,200 pieces. But it’s nothing compared to the massive custom creation put together by two master builders.
LEGO superfans Jarren Harkema and Calvin Hartley have crafted a LEGO Technic replica of the Sandcrawler that is three feet long, weighs 28 pounds, and is made up of over 10,000 pieces. And because it’s a LEGO Technic creation, it can actually be driven around. Check out the custom LEGO Sandcrawler after the jump! Read More »