These days, if you really love a movie, it’s pretty easy to relive it. Sure you can just watch the movie again, but in most cases someone, somewhere has made some piece of merchandise about it. In the case of the bigger movies – movies like Avengers: Age of Ultron – there’s a lot of merchandise. Really good, high end merchandise along with the kids stuff.
You’ve probably seen us feature some of the Hot Toys releases for the film, which hits theaters May 1, but another brand has revealed their beautiful work too. Dragon Models has debuted images of their 1/9th scale statues from Avengers: Age of Ultron and, in the photos, you get some of the best close-ups you’ve seen yet of the Hulkbuster, Ultron and Captain America’s new outfit. Check out the Avengers statues below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
To celebrate it’s 30th anniversary of Back to the Future, Bottleneck Gallery has released Andy Fairhurst‘s 88MPH, part of his “Nerd’s Eye View” series, as a set of poster prints. The Back to the Future trilogy is brought to life on three 12 x 24 inch giclee prints on velvet fine art paper in a limited edition of only 125. Available now for $35 each or $95 for the complete set — get them before they sell out. I personally love the Back to the Future Part 2 art but not the other two as much. See all three of the Andy Fairhurst Back to the Future prints in larger detail, after the jump.
Read More »
This latest Star Wars Bits might be the most jam-packed yet. Below, read about the following:
- Kylo Ren may be on all the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toy packaging and those toys might be out September 4.
- Read about 13 brand new Star Wars Lego sets including some from The Force Awakens.
- Fanboys director Kyle Newman will present an original Star Wars live read at Star Wars Celebration.
- Buy cute Force Awakens inspired art prints of Finn, Rey and Poe.
- Drew Struzan is once again rumored to be working on the Force Awakens poster.
- Watch a five minute video about the locations of Return of the Jedi.
- What did Oscar Isaac‘s latest costar Jessica Chastain think of The Force Awakens trailer?
- Check out two collections coming soon of Star Wars comics published by Dark Horse.
- ComiXology just added a ton of Star Wars content.
- Rumor has it Marvel’s Star Wars #1 will have no less than 100 variant covers.
- Wired figured out how fast Rey’s speeder goes in The Force Awakens.
- BB-8 has more than meets the eye, according to rumored concept art.
Read More »
Now that’s it’s 2015, you can talk all you want about Hoverboards and flying cars from Back to the Future Part II. For me, I’d just like a pair of the self lacing Nikes. The reason being Nike actually released a screen accurate version of the shoe, called the Nike Mag, to collectors a few years back so they’re way more realistic than the other things imagined for the film.
However, the ultra-limited 2011 version did not have the power laces as seen in the movie. At the time, Nike did hint to fans they would try and get the technology created by the year the movie was set though. Well, it’s the year the movie was set and, according to shoe designer Tinker Hatfield, they’re close. There’s more on the Back to the Future Nikes below, including images of Nike’s patent. Read More »
Posted on Thursday, January 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Some hotels might shy away from an association with ghosts and gruesome (if fictional) murders, but not the Stanley Hotel. The Colorado landmark, which famously inspired Stephen King‘s The Shining, is leaning into its creepy history by commissioning a giant hedge maze. And it wants your help designing it. More details on The Shining maze after the jump. Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, January 7th, 2015 by Angie Han
Laika has a knack for creating worlds we’d want to live in: beautifully hand-crafted, gorgeously detailed, and a tad off-kilter. And while it’s unlikely we’ll ever actually get to visit Cheesebridge or Blithe Hollow or Other World (since they’re, y’know, fictional) we’ll now have the opportunity to take a bit of those worlds home with us.
The animation studio has just announced an auction — the first in the company’s history — with over 250 puppets, props, models, and art pieces up for grabs. But if you haven’t got the money to buy your own Other Mother from Coraline or Mecha-Drill from Boxtrolls, fear not. Select items will go on a brief exhibition tour before they go up for sale. More details on the Laika auction, including photos and descriptions of some key offerings, after the jump. Read More »
Sideshow Collectibles sent me a sample of Hot Toys’ The Dark Knight Batman Armory Sixth Scale Figure set. Lets unbox this figure and take a look at whats inside the box. After the jump you will find photos of the Hot Toys The Dark Knight Batman Armory Sixth Scale Figure Set, alongside my thoughts on the product.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets closer and closer in this edition of Star Wars Bits, where you can read about the following:
- Star Wars Celebration will feature the first ever 3D screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- They will also screen the Original Trilogy on the big screen.
- Andy Serkis has high praise for J.J. Abrams and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a piece of concept art from The Force Awakens of a new TIE Fighter.
- A list of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys is vague, but packed with cool tidbits.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will NOT be show at Toy Fair.
- Aaron Paul responds to the rumor of his inclusion in a Star Wars standalone movie.
- See the cover of Star Wars #2.
- Read fan letters from the original Star Wars comics.
Read More »