It hasn’t been the most exciting week in movie news, but we’ve still rounded up the Best Stories of the Week for you to catch up on.
This time we’ve got stories on the line-ups for Fantastic Fest, the Venice Film Festival and Toronto International Film Festival, some conflicting reports on a Ghostbusters spin-off, the end of Key & Peele, and casting updates for Wonder Woman, Doctor Strange, Bourne 5 and Gambit.
Plus we also have trailers for the TIFF selected drama Room, the Christmas comedy The Night Before, Michael Bay’s 13 Hours and Johnny Depp‘s crime drama Black Mass. Check out all the Best Stories of the Week after the jump! Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I’ve outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I’m talking about the big Star Wars Bits now. Here’s the updates we have from a galaxy far, far away this time:
- Are three live-action Star Wars shows planned for Netflix?
- Bob Iger has already seen The Force Awakens…mostly.
- Simon Pegg talks his experience on The Force Awakens set.
- Game of Thrones actors in The Force Awakens confirmed?
- New LEGO Star Wars photography book coming in November.
- Gary Whitta talks Star Wars: Rogue One writing process.
- J.J. Abrams on pressure of directing The Force Awakens.
Read More »
There are only a couple weeks left in the blockbuster season, but there are still plenty of big stories to be excited about coming soon. This edition of the Best Stories of the Week includes updates on Minecraft, a sequel to Jurassic World, easter eggs from Ant-Man an uncertain future for the Terminator franchise and confirmation of a Fantastic Four and X-Men crossover in the works.
Below you’ll also find new trailers for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2, the latest James Bond adventure Spectre and the full trailer for Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur. Check out all this and the rest of the Best Stories of the Week after the jump! Read More »
With your wisdom, I’m sure that we can work out an arrangement which will be mutually beneficial and enable us to avoid any unpleasant confrontation. As a token of my goodwill, I present to you a gift: these Star Wars Bits. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Target confirming participation in Force Friday
- Lucasfilm & Mark Hamill‘s reaction to Amy Schumer‘s racy photoshoot
- Star Wars Commander mobile game update
- The Force Awakens box office prediction
- Details learned from Star Wars: Aftermath excerpt
- Oscar Isaac chats The Force Awakens at Comic-Con
- The Force Awakens theories based on sizzle reel
- Kanan: The Last Padawan issue #4 sneak preview
- Zachary Levi plays Star Wars Battlefront at Comic-Con
- Star Wars gets the Little Golden Books treatment
Read More »
Now that we’re fully recovered from the madness that was Comic-Con 2015, it’s time to look back at the week that followed with the Best Stories of the Week.
This round-up includes stories on what The Amazing Spider-Man 3 would have been, some more cool stuff for the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future, photos from X-Men: Apocalypse, a cameo from Dan Aykroyd in the Ghostbusters reboot and the nominations for the 2015 Emmy Awards. There’s also new trailers for Tina Fey and Amy Poehler‘s forthcoming comedy Sisters, the final Fantastic Four trailer, the first trailer for The Revenant with Leonardo DiCaprio and the official version of the Comic-Con footage for Suicide Squad.
Check out the Best Stories of the Week after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next the power of Star Wars Bits. This week’s news from a galaxy far, far away includes the following:
- Details on The Battle of Jakku and more post-Return of the Jedi info
- Harrison Ford gives advice to new co-stars, uses lightsaber as a cane
- New info on Han Solo and Chewie in The Force Awakens
- BB-8 on the cover of Make magazine
- Comic-Con interviews with J.J. Abrams and cast
- George Lucas to be honored at D23
- Science Channel ILM documentary special teaser clip
- Kevin Smith got screwed by Star Wars at Comic-Con
- Production designer talks mandate for authenticity in Episode VII
- Amy Schumer‘s saucy Star Wars photoshoot for GQ
- New details on Star Wars Battlefront gameplay
- Gary Whitta on Star Wars and the Comic-Con experience
Read More »
It’s not impossible. I used to bullseye Star Wars Bits in my T-16 back home, they’re not much bigger than two meters. Here’s what we’ve got in this edition of news from a galaxy far, far away:
- Aaron Paul is (again) rumored for a future Star Wars role,
- R2-D2 Builders Club members are already working on Rogue One,
- A rumored Rogue One casting call surfaces,
- Sneak preview of Star Wars comic #7 with Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Hot Toys unveils one-sixth scale Millennium Falcon cockpit,
- Star Wars Rebels Season One will be available in the UK,
- Sideshow Collectibles unveils new Ralph McQuarrie Boba Fett statue,
- Battlefront short story coming in October,
- Dice Games was scared of Star Wars Battlefront,
- New image of Sabine in Star Wars Rebels,
- Disney Infinity 3.0 Star Wars packs release date,
- and a new Star Wars Aftermath description
Read More »
With Independence Day coming tomorrow, Best Stories of the Week is coming at you a little earlier in the day than normal, that way you can go get yourself a burger and light some stuff on fire.
Catch up on the stories from the past seven days including why Amy Schumer turned down The Daily Show, why a Back to the Future remake won’t happen anytime soon, the title for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. There’s also trailers for the second season of Rick and Morty and the Rocky spin-off Creed, not to mention new images from Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the Ghostbusters reboot.
Catch up on all the Best Stories of the Week after the jump! Read More »
“And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople.” Only Star Wars Bits are so precise. Here’s what we have in this edition of updates from a galaxy far, far away:
- Star Wars: Rogue One rumored to be filming, concept art described
- Pinewood Studios earnings up thanks to Star Wars
- Acme Archives to have exclusive Star Wars art at Comic-Con
- Del Rey eBook sampler reveals more Star Wars novels details
- Concept art may show Maz Kanata from The Force Awakens
- New merchandise package shows more The Force Awakens promo art
- First look at Jakku from space from on Star Wars website?
- Star Wars Battlefront alpha testing footage.
Read More »