If you find yourself in Tomorrowland before the release of Tomorrowland, you can soon catch a glimpse of Tomorrowland.
Walt Disney Parks have announced that they’ll present sneak previews of Brad Bird‘s film Tomorrowland starting in mid-April. At California’s Disneyland, the sneak will be in actual Tomorrowland theme park and in Florida, it’ll be at Epcot Center. Below, read more details on the Tomorrowland preview and see some new footage from the movie in a commercial linking the film and the NBA. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Universal Studios Hollywood has released the first video of the upcoming Fast and the Furious Supercharged ride. In February Universal aired the first Fast & Furious Supercharged commercial during the Super Bowl, but this is the first time we actually get to see some of the ride being filmed with Fast and the Furious franchise stars Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez and Luke Evans. Watch the Fast & Furious Supercharged ride first look video embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Hot off the big ticket Star Wars news Thursday, we’ve got some Bits for you as well.
- Bob Iger confirms Disneyland is expanding, but not with a third park.
- J.J. Abrams‘ part in Star Wars Episode VIII is an afterthought.
- Get some insights into the editing of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Kathleen Kennedy and J.J. Abrams will have “Force Awakens special guests” Thursday at Star Wars Celebration.
- Topps and Lucasfilm team up on Star Wars: Card Trader.
- Who named Star Wars: Rogue One?
Read More »
Tomorrowland, the futuristic section of Disneyland, is about to lose one of its largest attractions and that raises questions about what’s coming next. The interactive exhibit called Innoventions, one of the biggest spaces in the area, is closing March 31, according to a local newspaper. This is a sudden, yet expected closure that’s raising speculation about whether or not it is the first step to the inevitable Star Wars presence in the park. Another possibility for the Innoventions space is a tie-in to Brad Bird’s Tomorrowland, which opens some two months later. Or maybe it’s not a movie tie-in at all. Read more about Innoventions closing below. Read More »
This morning, Disney released a new poster for Tomorrowland. Russ grabbed it before I was finished with breakfast, but I noticed something hidden within the image that is noteworthy – hence this post.
Ever since it was announced that director Brad Bird and screenwriter/producer Damon Lindelof’s secret 1952 project was to be titled Tomorrowland, Disney fanatics have speculated about what role the Disneyland park and Walt Disney himself might play in the film. We know that Walt Disney’s creations at the 1964 World’s Fair play into the plot. (specifically the ‘It’s a Small World After All’ attraction, which was later relocated to Disneyland, where it remains today.) Lindelof has said that the movie will show the origins of Tomorrowland but would not show Disneyland itself — but that doesn’t mean we won’t see notable aspects of Disneyland in the movie itself.
And today’s Tomorrowland poster gives us a first look at that. Will we see Disneyland’s Space Mountain in Tomorrowland?
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Many groups of fantasy fans have places they can visit in order to play in their preferred world. Harry Potter fans have theme parks and museums. DC fans can go to Six Flags. Marvel and Star Wars are owned by Disney, so those will eventually be covered. But what about Lord of the Rings fans? Sure, they can go to New Zealand where Peter Jackson’s movies were filmed, but that’s more of a sightseeing trip. Where’s the action?
They action may be coming to Spain. The town of Rincon de la Victoria recently announced it will be building a theme part called “La Comarca,” which is a rough translation of The Shire. Read more about the Lord of the Rings theme park below. Read More »
Its been a while since we’ve heard anything about Avatar Land, Disney World’s upcoming theme park land based on James Cameron‘s epic Avatar franchise. Last we heard, construction had begun on Pandora in January 2014 in Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Orlando Florida. Today we get an update which gives us a preview of some of the creative process including some of the really cool looking interactive features of the bioluminescent forrest currently in the works. Watch a video of James Cameron discovering the progress being made as he visits the Avatar Land Bioluminescent Forrest behind closed doors.
Read More »
The Lego Movie will be followed by several big screen sequels and spin-offs. The direct sequel just landed a director and will be out in 2018. A Ninjago spin-off will come out in 2016 and the Lego Batman spin-off will be out in 2017. But we now know that’s not all. We’re going to get a sort-of sequel later this year. Just not on the big screen.
LEGO has announced later this year, their LEGOLAND theme parks and Discover Centers will debut a brand new 4D short film based on The Lego Movie, featuring Emmet and Wyldstyle. Read more about the new LEGOLAND Lego Movie ride below. Read More »
We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »