Say what you want about Star Trek Into Darkness, but it’s had a lot of posters. Teaser posters, IMAX posters, character posters, the print campaign for the J.J. Abrams sequel has been incredibly extensive and diverse. Star Trek is such a vivid property, however, that there’s always room to go further.
One website brought together several up and coming pop artists to reinterpret the film with their own unique style. The results range from minimalistic and eye catching, to exaggerated and exciting. Others are realistic and lyrical. It’s a cornucopia of Trekkie goodness. Check them out below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, March 19th, 2013 by Angie Han
Jedi may be more comfortable swinging lightsabers than baseball bats, but Mickey-as-Obi-Wan seems to hold his own just fine against the Atlanta Braves in spring training. Check out the photographic evidence after the jump. Also:
- Harrison Ford is pretty sure he’ll be in Episode VII
- Rumor has it a Palpatine follower is Episode VII‘s villain
- Here’s what Brad Bird would change about Episode VI
- Was the destruction of the Death Star an inside job?
- Dwayne Johnson would “absolutely” do Star Wars
- Vote for the best character in StarWars.com‘s bracket
- Disney World’s Star Wars Weekends unveils a new poster
- Could Disney World get a new Star Wars-themed “land”?
- See new screencaps from Star Wars: First Assault
- Clone Wars director Dave Filoni is working with Disney Channel
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, March 7th, 2013 by Angie Han
We’ve been watching with interest as the Wachowskis move forward on their next film, Jupiter Ascending, but it’ll be some time yet before we find out how their efforts actually pan out. The project hasn’t begun shooting, and likely won’t hit theaters until 2014 or later. In the meantime, then, we can look back at the film that started it all — The Matrix.
While the sci-fi actioner wasn’t the Wachowskis’ first directorial effort, it was the one that made the siblings a household name. At over two hours long, though, it’s not the easiest film to revisit on a hectic weekday evening. Fortunately, this new speedrun by 1A4 Studio provides a handy refresher in just 60 seconds. Hit the jump to watch.
Read More »
Posted on Thursday, December 13th, 2012 by Angie Han
Is the government building a Death Star? Probably not, but according to one petition at least 25,000 Americans think they should. Also after the jump:
- Samuel L. Jackson really wants to come back as Mace Windu
- Is Peter Jackson interested in directing a Star Wars movie?
- George Lucas is excited to see a Star Wars movie he didn’t make
- Read about the female fighter pilots who were cut from Return of the Jedi
- Check out cool retro-styled prints for Episodes III and VI
- Watch a video tour of the Rancho Obi-Wan memorabilia museum
Read More »
Posted on Friday, November 30th, 2012 by Angie Han
Is Revenge of the Sith the greatest work of our generation? One art critic thinks so. Also after the jump:
- Disney chief Alan Horn promises to reveal Episode VII director “soon”
- Special effects artist Rick Baker hopes to return for more Star Wars
- Episode VII fan art speculates on what we’ll see in the new trilogy
Read More »
Were you jealous of everyone at Comic-Con that got to see Edgar Wright‘s surprise test footage from Ant-Man? We understand. Marvel does plan on releasing the finished footage online at some point but it hasn’t happened just yet. So if text-based descriptions of the footage haven’t done it justice, and slightly animated reenactments are also deficient, now a fan has done their best to recreate the awesomeness in storyboards.
While I can’t be sure that’s it’s a frame by frame reinactment, it looks pretty close, and is the best you’re going to get until Marvel releases Wright’s actual test footage. Check out the video below. Read More »
Be it movies, music, painting or something else, the best art inspires action in the people who view it. Sometimes that inspiration can lead you to change your life, or maybe simply inspires more art. Daniel Kanemoto is a huge Evil Dead fan and when he saw Olly Moss‘ 2010 Mondo poster for Sam Raimi’s The Evil Dead, he was so inspired by the image he decided to do a little animation showing his love of the franchise. The result is now online: a 90 second ride through the three films with a Moss finale. Check it out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Can you still get a ticket to The Avengers marathon at AMC Theaters? Where and when can you ask Joss Whedon anything you want him to? Is there a way for you to try and be an extra in Iron Man 3? Want to watch the season premieres of Avengers: Earth’s Mightest Heroes and Ultimate Spider-Man online, for free, right now? And what do Watchmen and The Shawshank Redemption or Bill Murray and Green Lantern have to do with each other? Read about all this and more in today’s Superhero Bits. Read More »