Two of the actresses in Star Wars Episode VII are in the news, as is Star Wars Rebels, George Lucas and more. Read about all this in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Lupita Nyong’o posted an image of herself in the Star Wars Episode VII crew hat.
- Actress Christina Chong has finished filming Star Wars Episode VII.
- Watch two featurettes about Star Wars Rebels featuring new footage and making of information.
- Alex Ross reveals a variant cover of the new Marvel Comics Star Wars #1.
- George Lucas has some harsh words for the Hollywood studio system.
- Star Wars Episode VII made Abu Dhabi a hot filming spot.
- German TV is getting an all Star Wars TV station in December.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The circle is now complete. In three weeks, J.J. Abrams will be done with principal photography on Star Wars Episode VII. In this edition of Star Wars Bits read about that milestone, and get info on the following items:
- The new London ILM president suggests we’ll only get six Star Wars movies over the next ten years.
- Could Darth Bane be the villain of Star Wars Episode VII?
- John Boyega tweets a very curious image of an R2 unit.
- Star Wars Rebels set a ratings record on Disney XD.
- Read the titles and credits for Star Wars Rebels episodes 7 and 10.
- Star Wars Rebels character Zare Leonis is NOT John Boyega’s Star Wars Episode VII character.
- Get $190 worth of Star Wars comics for whatever price you want to pay.
Read More »
A new piece of Star Wars news hit today, straight from the official YouTube page. The channel posted a funny video featuring long-time Star Wars actor Warwick Davis discussing whether or not he will be appearing in Star Wars Episode VII. Spoiler alert: he will. Watch the video and more below. Read More »
When the second episode of Star Wars Rebels co-starred C-3PO and R2-D2, you realized they weren’t shying away from recognizable characters. The story of Kanan, Ezra and the rest of the Rebels will primarily take place parallel to anything going on with Obi-Wan Kenobi, the young Skywalkers and more but the Empire is the Empire. And if the Rebels are fighting against it, they’re really fighting against two people: The Emperor and Darth Vader.
But, as we know from the original trilogy, The Emperor is mostly behind the scenes. Vader is his who, at the time of Rebels, is “hunting down and destroying the Jedi.” He’s the boss of The Inquisitor, the primary villain in the series so when Rebels goes to the masses on October 26, Darth Vader will make a brief cameo.
But you already knew that. Below, see what Star Wars Rebels Darth Vader is going to look like. Read More »
It’s just one of those things you never think about. First he was The Emperor. Then he was Senator Palpatine, followed by Chancellor Palpatine and then revealed as Darth Sidious. But never once did this Star Wars beacon of evil, the Phantom Menace himself, played perfectly by Ian McDiarmid, have a first name.
In the new canon novel Tarkin by James Luceno, that’s finally changed. After years of waiting and speculation, it can finally be revealed that Palpatine’s full name is… JOE PALPATINE. No, not really. Read Emperor Palpatine’s real first name below. Read More »
Right now as you read this, super lucky people are looking at images from Star Wars Episode VII. Within the next year, we’ll all have a chance to see them as well but at the moment, J.J. Abrams and everyone involved is keeping everything incredibly secret. But the images are out there and some sites are providing us with the best possible alternative to seeing them ourselves: describing them.
Below, read the potential descriptions of seven different scenes and concepts from Star Wars Episode VII including a few that take place in a forest. Read More »
Updates from the set of Episode VII, some awesome Rebels clips and lots of other odds and ends are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A fire evacuates the set of Star Wars Episode VII, and Harrison Ford has reportedly finished filming.
- Is casting for the Star Wars spinoffs and sequels already happening?
- Watch a new clip from Star Wars Rebels and get a brief tease at what’s to come for the rest of the season.
- Brad Bird stumbles around the question of whether or not he’ll eventually direct a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams answers a young boy’s Star Wars math problem.
- Judd Apatow meets George Lucas.
- Joel Edgerton refers to Adam Driver as the Star Wars Episode VII villain.
- Two more cancelled Lucasarts Star Wars games have been revealed.
- Check out a live tweet recap of the A New Dawn panel at New York Comic-Con.
- Read a detailed description of Heir of the Jedi by Kevin Hearne.
- The Star Wars Fan Film Awards are coming back.
Read More »
Star Wars is to many fan films as silent movies are to regular films. They’re the genesis, the beginning. Without Star Wars, things like fan films and full YouTube channels and online movements dedicated to paying tribute to any number of pop culture franchises wouldn’t exist. What long time fan has forgotten Troops, a Star Wars fan film that launched in 1997? I remember downloading it overnight while still in high school and being blown away someone could make something so excellent out of pure passion.
Decades have now passed and fan films are pretty normal these days. But Star Wars was always the start and it’s one of the few franchises which could bring together an amazing event like the “Uncut” series. These are fan films comprised of several hundred fan directors each directing 15 seconds from the movie. The original, Star Wars Uncut, was released in 2012 and The Empire Strikes Back version, Empire Uncut, is now out. Below, watch Empire Uncut, a full version of The Empire Strikes Back made by 480 different fans. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: