There are secrets, there are games, there are rumors and there’s so much non-spoiler awesomeness in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following
- See the first images of Star Wars Disney Infinity.
- Rumors have begun to swirl of an AMC Star Wars Movie Marathon in December.
- A simple Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser poster has been spotted in theaters.
- Watch the unfinished Bad Batch episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars.
- The full Untold Clone Wars and Bad Batch Celebration panels are online.
- Where did the Millennium Falcon‘s new satellite come from?
- Check out yet another Ralph McQuarrie influence in the design of The Force Awakens.
- Stunt doubles for several stars of The Force Awakens reportedly did reshoots recently.
- Watch Kathleen Kennedy and Daisy Ridley talking Star Wars: The Force Awakens in Japan.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
UPDATE: The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere described below will premiere June 20. Read more info after our original article.
Darth Vader is on the trail of Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine and Zeb in the season 2 premiere of Star Wars Rebels. The hour-long episode won’t be on Disney XD until this summer, but a few hundred lucky fans at Star Wars Celebration were treated to an early sneak peak.
/Film was on hand and recorded a video blog immediately after the screening to talk about the Rebels Season 2 premiere. We do touch on a few minor spoilers so beware, but it’s not a spoiler to say the episode is an amazing piece of television. A story that absolutely could very easily be a Star Wars movie.
Watch our Star Wars Rebels Season 2 premiere video blog below. Read More »
Since the inception of Star Wars Rebels, everyone’s been acting under one assumption. That assumption is the show would only take place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. But when you start thinking about films like Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One, we start to wonder. Why does the show have to stop there? The Skywalker story isn’t the only thing happening with the Rebel Alliance. Why couldn’t the Rebels cross over, not only with Rogue One, which is set in the same period, but maybe even into A New Hope and beyond?
The answer to those questions is: it could happen. This is according to Rebels producers Simon Kinberg and Dave Filoni. We spoke with each at Star Wars Celebration and they said the show is not beholden to any timeline, there could be crossover with the films on the animated show itself, and there’s even a possibility the characters could show up in live action.
Of course, this is all hypothetical, but it sure does open up a pandora box’s of Star Wars possibilities. Below, read the quotes from Kinberg and Filoni on a potential Star Wars Rebels movie crossover. Read More »
Just when everyone was busy talking or bitching about Kylo Ren’s lightsaber in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the Star Wars Rebels team jumped on board with a strange design of their own. They introduced Ezra’s lightsaber, which looks like a staple gun and combines a blaster with a lightsaber. Because it wasn’t in theaters, this unique new Star Wars weapon didn’t creator the fervor of its cross-guarded counterpart, but it was still a radical departure from what Star Wars fans expect from the series’ elegant weapons.
At Star Wars Celebration, we spoke with Rebels producer Dave Filoni and since he wasn’t giving up many details on season 2, we asked about Ezra’s saber. Where did the idea come from? How was it designed? What was the purpose and was it hard getting it approved by the Lucasfilm Story Group? Read everything Filoni had to say about the Ezra lightsaber below. Read More »
If you’ve been to a convention, odds are you spent some time drooling at a Sideshow Collectibles booth. Their large convention space consists of glass cases filled with the kind of high-end collectibles and figures most of us only dream of owning. Last weekend’s Star Wars Celebration was no different. Sideshow had a beautiful booth filled with goregeous merchandise. However, one big different this time was a huge selection of R2-D2’s that had been customized by various artists.
The exhibit was called R2-Me2 and consisted of efforts from almost 100 different artists – including composer Michael Giacchino – each using R2-D2 as a canvas for various interpretation of the character. Below, see a few our of favorite R2-Me2 images. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The first Star Wars Anthology film, Rogue One, to be directed by Gareth Edwards, is sounding like an anomaly in the Star Wars lineup. The movie has been positioned explicitly as a war film, and the teaser trailer shown at Star Wars Celebration featured a vibe that is more serious, even adult, than any other Star Wars project to date. And there’s the cast, which is so far led by Felicity Jones, who we know plays a Rebel fighter.
Now Riz Ahmed (above, with Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler) is reported to be in the Rogue One cast as well. Additionally, Sam Claflin is reportedly circling a role. Read More »
With Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm under their banner, it’s pretty obvious Disney has some of the biggest movies coming out over the next few years. Add in Disney Animation, DreamWorks and their live action fare, and it gets even bigger. However, until you see all of those films represented in a single image, it’s difficult to grasp the scope of Disney’s impressive release schedule.
It’s not exactly news, but at CinemaCon 2015, which is currently taking place in Las Vegas, Disney showed an image with all of their announced theatrical releases stretching through the summer of 2017. It’s absolutely mind-boggling. Below, see the image of Disney movies release dates, and the full list of movies. Read More »
We’ve got more Star Wars Celebration round-up items, as well as some cool Force Awakens info, in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read the following:
- Force Awakens star John Boyega is back on Twitter, and walked around Celebration in disguise.
- Disney is recreating the Millennium Falcon cockpit on their cruise ship.
- George Lucas says Star Wars: The Force Awakens is a “different” kind of story.
- Marvel announced two new Star Wars comic books.
- A new Del Ray book has been revealed: Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company.
- Author Alan Dean Foster will write The Force Awakens novelization.
- Watch a Lego version of the Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One trailer.
- Listen to Peter on a podcast about Star Wars Celebration.
- See where the X-Wing sequences in the Force Awakens trailer were filmed.
- Ben Mendelsohn tiptoes around his potential Rogue One casting.
- Want to see a Gonk Droid in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
- J.J. Abrams takes the Twizzler Challenge.
- Star Wars Celebration 2016 will be in London from July 15-17, 2016.
Read More »
We begin to chronicle the aftermath of Star Wars Celebration in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, we’ll discuss the following:
- An iPhone controlled BB-8 is coming to stores, and a larger version is coming to Disney Parks.
- Why didn’t Josh Trank come to Star Wars Celebration?
- Learn the code name for the Josh Trank Star Wars Anthology film.
- The latest Force Awakens trailer had 88 million views in 24 hours.
- Disney’s stock valuation jumped $2 billion after the release of the trailer.
- See J.J. Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy watching the trailer in front of the crowd.
- Watch some new footage from Star Wars Battlefront.
- The airline ANA now has a R2-D2 themed 787 airplane
- Listen to Gareth Edwards talk about the tone of Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- The Disneyland 60th Anniversary R2-D2 is revealed.
Read More »