In today’s edition of Star Wars Bits:
- Mark Hamill was apparently saved from falling down a mountainside on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The first day of filing on Star Wars Episode VIII was canceled due to rough seas.
- Some photos from the Episode 8 shooting location, including one photo from Mark Hamill’s son Nathan.
- Star Wars saga to get first ever digital release in China.
- Six major easter eggs in the canon novel Star Wars: Aftermath.
- Eight new Star Wars LEGO mini movies give clues as to how the Star Wars: The Force Awakens sets fit into the film’s storyline.
- The evolution of the Stormtrooper helmet in one photo.
- Watch C-3P0 & R2-D2 attend the unveiling of Japan’s new Star Wars-themed airplane
All that and more. Hit the jump to hyperspeed to get started.”
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Monday, September 14th, 2015 by Angie Han
Everyone from Little Golden Books to CoverGirl to the British Royal Mail has come down with Star Wars fever. After the jump:
- The British Royal Mail unveils Star Wars stamps featuring Finn, Rey, and more
- Check out three new Star Wars Little Golden Book covers
- The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits shelves December 18
- See a tongue-in-cheek fan rendering of Andy Serkis‘ Force Awakens character
- Get the rundown on the recently published Leia novel Star Wars: Moving Target
- The Star Wars PlayStation 4 bundles are now available for pre-order
- CoverGirl and Janelle Monae unveil six Star Wars-inspired makeup looks
Read More »
How do you feel about seeing Tatiana Maslany from Orphan Black in a Star Wars movie? She’s been rumored for a role in the past (in Rogue One, which ultimately went to Felicity Jones), and now she’s one of three names on a shortlist of young women who are reportedly in contention for a primary role in Star Wars Episode VIII.
Note that potential very vague spoilers for the new films follow along with the full Star Wars Episode VIII shortlist is below.
Update: This list may only feature two people now, as Olivia Cooke has reportedly been cast in Ready Player One. (Story on that forthcoming.) While it might not be totally impossible for her to do both Episode VIII and Ready Player One, chances are she would really only be able to do one or the other. Original story follows.
Read More »
Marvel Studios has made a habit out of including at least one bonus scene in the credits of each of the moves in the Marvel cinematic universe, usually teasing the next movie on the horizon. And that’s a practice that Disney might be having Lucasfilm employ with Star Wars: The Force Awakens as well.
A new rumor says there may be a The Force Awakens credits scene or teaser that will hype the arrival of Star Wars: Rogue One for the following year. Read More »
Earlier this week we highlighted a video called Star Wars Poetry, which took a look at the visual symmetry between the original Star Wars trilogy and the more recent prequel trilogy. When comparing the two sets of films, some striking similarities in shot composition arose, showing that George Lucas wasn’t completely off his rocker for the prequels.
Now the same creator of that video, Pablo Fernandez, has done the same thing with another trademark George Lucas creation: Indiana Jones. This time the video compares Indiana Jones visual symmetry from the original trilogy of adventure films to the frequently panned, outcast sequel Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, all directed by Steven Spielberg. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Now don’t get jittery, Luke. There are a lot of Star Wars Bits. Keep your distance, though, Chewie, but don’t *look* like you’re trying to keeping your distance. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- New Star Wars artwork from Acme Direct
- A look at The Force Awakens Black Series figures from Wave 2
- Giant pig-like creature from The Force Awakens has a name
- Fans will seriously love a certain Jar Jar Binks reference in Disney Infinity
- Find out what Lucasfilm wouldn’t let Mythbusters do on TV
- Star Wars: Aftermath connections to existing universe revealed
- The first gay Star Wars character has been introduced
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
What happened in the thirty years between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens? Disney’s epic multi-platform Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens book series has begun to be unleashed promising to fill in that gap through a mix of novels, comics, children’s books and young adult stories, all considered as official Star Wars canon.
We’ve already told you about the first novel, Star Wars: Aftermath. The comic book prequel miniseries Star Wars: Shattered Empire hit stores today, and while we had some information as to what the four issue story was about, we now finally have a good idea of how it connects to Star Wars: The Force Awakens. They’ve been keeping the connection out of the marketing for the book thus far — find out now after the jump.
Read More »
In the months leading up to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, there’s been some renewed bashing of the prequels, mostly because they feel so far removed from the original trilogy. From the visual effects to the storytelling, there’s just something about the prequels that feels off.
However, by using clips from the original trilogy and the prequels compared to each other and played simultaneously, a new video called Star Wars Poetry shows how the prequels share more similarities with the original trilogy than you might think. Specifically, between the two trilogies, visual symmetry becomes apparent and even impressive. Read More »
Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. This edition of news from a galaxy far, far away includes:
- Pottery Barn as a Millennium Falcon bed for purchase
- Colin Trevorrow teases work on Star Wars: Episode IX
- Star Wars Battlefront beta begins in October
- Star Wars: Episode VIII returning to The Force Awakens filming location
- Find out how C-3PO got a red arm in comic book one-shot
- Tearing open Sphero‘s remote-controlled BB-8 toy
- Anthony Daniels talks life as C-3PO and The Force Awakens secrecy
- Interview with Star Wars toys designer Mark Boudreaux
- New Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster art
Read More »