Star Wars: The Force Awakens gets closer and closer in this edition of Star Wars Bits, where you can read about the following:
- Star Wars Celebration will feature the first ever 3D screening of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.
- They will also screen the Original Trilogy on the big screen.
- Andy Serkis has high praise for J.J. Abrams and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a piece of concept art from The Force Awakens of a new TIE Fighter.
- A list of Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys is vague, but packed with cool tidbits.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys will NOT be show at Toy Fair.
- Aaron Paul responds to the rumor of his inclusion in a Star Wars standalone movie.
- See the cover of Star Wars #2.
- Read fan letters from the original Star Wars comics.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
This is an unexpected yet awesome piece of Star Wars news to kick off the year of The Force Awakens. Twitch is reporting that three of the main actors from Gareth Evans’ The Raid and The Raid 2 have roles in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The actors in question are the lead actor Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian (who played Mad Dog and Prakoso in the films) and Cecep Arif Rahman, who played “The Assassin” and fought in the kitchen finale of the sequel (seen above right, with Uwais).
Nothing beyond that is known but /Film sources have hinted to us one of the film’s action sequences might have been choreographed by the team. Read more about The Raid Star Wars news below. Read More »
This is final Star Wars Bits published in a year where a Star Wars movie isn’t being released. It’s kind of a big deal. Below, read about the following:
- Warwick Davis is looking forward to the new poster.
- The Jedi Academy is coming to Disneyland Paris.
- George Lucas wants to destroy every copy of the Star Wars Christmas Special.
- Plus, a Red Letter Media look back at the special.
- Maker Studios will reportedly be making new online Star Wars content.
- Watch a new clip from the latest Star Wars Rebels.
- Find out how you can build a realistic model of the Millennium Falcon.
- Read rumored descriptions of the ice planet and starships from The Force Awakens.
Read More »
With the invention of computers, it’s almost comical to think about filmmakers using paintings to fill in the backgrounds of their movies. These days, you slap a green screen in back of the action and fill it in digitally. But for the majority of the history of filmmaking, that obviously wasn’t the practice. Massive matte paintings were originally used and as special effects and refined miniature techniques started to become more prevalent, smaller paintings could be made with live action inserted into them using multiple exposures.
Some of your favorite movies of all time used this tactic. In a video recently unearthed from 1985, you can watch the practice used to create films like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Return of the Jedi. Read More »
Oscar Isaac has a message for Star Wars theorists out there: You’re wrong. In a new interview, one of the stars of Star Wars: The Force Awakens says that most of the theories based on the first trailer for the film “couldn’t be more far off-base.” And while you’d love to believe him, I wonder just how deep into the online speculation he’s dug. Read more from Isaac and about these claims below. Read More »
There are two cool pieces of Star Wars news for you on this last Monday of 2014. First up, Disney CEO Bob Iger appeared on the cover of Fortune Magazine with his $4 billion dollar co-star, the Millennium Falcon. Then, inside, there’s a very cool new look at the Falcon from the ground level. The two constitute our first close-up images of the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” from the 2015 sequel. We have the images below.
Second, Star Wars Rebels will return next week and as previously reported, Frank Oz will reprise his role as Yoda. The clip is now online and you can watch it below. Read More »
Star Wars Bits is back with a vengeance. We’ve got The Force Awakens, we’ve got the spinoffs, we’ve got Clone Wars, comic books, art and so much more. Below, read about the following:
- New spin-off rumors suggest it’s about Han Solo, Aaron Paul is involved and filming starts after Spectre.
- Watch a sueded version of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer.
- The stunt actor playing Chewbacca in The Force Awakens may have been revealed.
- Marvel will rerelease their original Star Wars comics in remastered editions.
- Watch a trailer for the Star Wars Fan Film Awards.
- See the animated Lucasfilm holiday card.
- Matt Lanter recorded some new Anakin Skywalker Clone Wars voice over last week.
- Oscar Isaac got his Star Wars obsessed uncle a role in The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor says Lupita Nyong’o‘s Force Awakens character is nothing like you’ve heard.
- What box office records could Star Wars: The Force Awakens break?
- Han Solo and Chewbacca Force Awakens concept art, villain rumors, Imperial ships and more.
Read More »
One of the most obvious moments you’ve reached adulthood is when you start talking about kids. Whether someone has kids, they’re thinking about kids, or whatever else, that’s the moment. The thought opens up a huge pandora’s box of other issues too, least important of which is how do you show your kids the Star Wars Saga. The order in which you choose to show you kids the Star Wars movies is a debate regularly had amongst film fans but we always forget one thing. We never consider how the kids feel. It’s just a foregone conclusion that they’re going to like them.
A new video has surface that’s proof positive they do like them, but maybe have a few questions. One father recorded the conversation he had with his five-year-old daughter about Princess Leia’s Slave outfit in Return of the Jedi and the results are priceless, especially when animated. Check out the father daughter Slave Leia video below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: