We all know that Star Wars: The Clone Wars has always been chronologically set during the three-year time period between the Star Wars prequel films Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. To be more specific, 22–19 BBY on the Galactic Standard Calendar (where BBY means Before the Battle of Yavin, and ABY stands for After the Battle of Yavi). But the episodes didn’t take place (ie air) in chronological order. Now that the series is complete, LucasFilm has released an officially cannon Clone Wars Chronological episode order listing which includes the series’ 121 episodes and the feature-length film.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Oscar-winner Lupita Nyong’o has met with, and may sign on for, a key role in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode 7. The 12 Years A Slave star reportedly is “extremely close” to playing a role not related to the original trilogy. It may be a Sith or a descendant of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Read More »
It’s March and even if you aren’t a sports fan, it’s hard not to get caught up in March Madness. The excitement of filling out a college basketball bracket can only be topped if the bracket was something a little more geeky. Like Star Wars characters, for example.
StarWars.com is hosting a “This is Madness” tournament allowing fans to vote on their favorite characters in a single elimination bracket. In 2013, they did the same thing and Yoda beat Darth Vader in the finals. So, to help promote the contest, Yoda appeared on a version of ESPN’s SportsNation with Max Kellerman to discuss the tournament. It’s super cheesy, but a nice surprise for Star Wars fans. Check it out below. Read More »
Exclusive merchandise, essential Star Wars stories and Episode VII what-ifs. Read about it all in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Check out the limited Star Wars merchandise available during Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles will continue later this year.
- Rumor has it digital versions of the full Star Wars saga will be made available this winter.
- In case you forgot, all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is now on Netflix including The Lost Episodes.
- Dave Filoni calls the final episodes of The Clone Wars “very important to understanding the overall saga.”
- Previously sold out Star Wars maps by artist Andrew DeGraff are back on sale from Gallery 1988.
- Jon Favreau would have done Star Wars Episode VII… if anyone had asked him.
Read More »
Disney and Lucasfilm have still not announced who’ll be starring in J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII, but information continues to creep out there. Besides the Adam Driver business, one member of the original cast who has no problem saying she’s returning for Star Wars 7 is Carrie Fisher. Time and time again Fisher has let it slip she’s planning on returning for the film and now she’s done it again.
Fisher will be appearing on an upcoming episode of the FXX show Legit and that show’s star, Jim Jefferies, told Sirius XM’s Opie and Anthony Show Fisher will be in London for six months later this year shooting the film. Read the full quote below. Read More »
The star of Girls could soon become a Sith. Variety is reporting Adam Driver is close to signing a deal that’ll make him the main villain in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII.
UPDATE: Driver’s Girls co-star, Lena Dunham, seems to confirm the news. Read More »
The seventh and final main character of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed. Her name is Hera, voiced by Vanessa Marshall, and she’s the pilot of the show’s primary spaceship, the Ghost. That makes her the de facto leader of the rag-tag band of rebels. In her big reveal video, which you can watch below, you learn about her as well as the dynamic that’ll be the throughline for the entire show. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Thankfully the Star Wars galaxy is big, because this edition of Bits is all over the map. There are the requisite Star Wars Episode VII rumors, of course, but also theme parks, t-shirts, video games, board games and even posters. Below, read about the following:
- A rumor ties Star Wars Episode VII propmakers to seven-year contacts.
- Watch a video about creativity set inside the Lucasfilm offices.
- Lucasfilm hires a new Executive Producer of Theme Parks.
- Check out some rare, original Star Wars posters.
- Read an insider’s tale of the fall of Lucasarts.
- Enter an official Star Wars t-shirt contest.
- A crazy rumor says Star Wars Episode VII is recasting Princess Leia.
Read More »