Reading Star Wars Bits ain’t like dusting crops, boy. Here’s what we have from a galaxy far, far away today:
- The Force Awakens production designer at San Diego Comic-Con
- Behind the Scenes of the Star Wars Weekends creative campaign
- Details and cover art from deluxe edition of Star Wars Battlefront
- Details on some tracks from The Force Awakens score
- George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy mourn passing of Christopher Lee
- Weird Al Yankovic records an a capella version of his song Yoda
- Secret Cinema’s Empire Strikes Back event is now open
- Star Wars Rebels characters join Disney Infinity 3.0
- Rumored details on locations, aliens and more in Star Wars: Rogue One
- New shots of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Black Series Stormtrooper
- Industrial Light & Magic working on Star Wars virtual reality experience
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In November 2012, a rumor was widely reported that Colin Trevorrow was up for directing Star Wars: Episode 7. When Colin was announced to remake Flight of the Navigator (which it now sounds like might be dead) we wrote off the rumors as having been likely about the other Disney science fiction film.
But on the set of Jurassic World, I discovered there was some truth behind the rumors after all, and told you the story of how Brad Bird almost helming Star Wars: The Force Awakens resulted in Colin Trevorrow directing Jurassic World. The fast version of the story is Brad Bird almost directed Episode 7 but because he was busy with Tomorrowland he suggested that LucasFilm and Disney have a filmmaker he trusted prep the film for him, that filmmaker being Colin Trevorrow.
The idea was pretty crazy and of course never happened, but now that Josh Trank is off the second Star Wars Anthology film, we wondered if Colin Trevorrow coming hot off Jurassic World might be in the running. Could we ever see a Colin Trevorrow Star Wars movie? We asked the filmmaker himself, read the quotes after the jump.
Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys won’t be on sale until September 4, but they’ll first be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con. That’s where fans will first get a look at toys of characters such as Rey, Finn, Poe and Kylo Ren. To give us a little tease, though, Lucasfilm has revealed a first look at the First Order Stormtrooper in three different forms. There’s his Lego form, the Hasbro Black Series and then a Hot Wheels car version. See the first Star Wars The Force Awakens toys below. Read More »
There’s too much important stuff in this edition of Star Wars Bits to waste time. Read about the following:
- Star Wars Episode VIII will shoot on 35mm film.
- Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One will shoot partially with a 6K camera and new Panavision lenses.
- Daisy Ridley drops a hint about Rey’s lineage in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See the covers of three new Star Wars novels.
- Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow talks Star Wars films.
- Anthony Daniels is voicing C-3PO in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Find out about a never published Star Wars novel called “Heart of the Jedi.”
- Billie Lourd strikes down another Star Wars: The Force Awakens rumor.
- Star Wars may once again film on Skellig Michael in Ireland.
- Read an interview with the stunt double who played Kylo Ren.
- Peter Mayhew definitively puts the “Han Shot First” debate to rest.
Read More »
The Force is strong with San Diego Comic-Con. Lucasfilm has just announced that Star Wars: The Force Awakens will have a panel in Hall H on Friday July 10, the first time the property has been in that room in some years. J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Lawrence Kasdan and “special guests” will be on hand to likely debut a new trailer and more.
Plus, that’s just one of a many Star Wars related events taking place on that day. Below, read more info on the Star Wars Comic Con presence. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
No, we haven’t time-travelled back to 1980 but yes, The Empire Strikes Back is back in the box office top ten in the United Kingdom. The reason? Secret Cinema kicked off their latest event, centered on the classic Star Wars sequel, earlier this week. With a Thursday to Sunday gross of $470,000, the Irvin Kershner-directed film came in #8 at the UK box office. Read more about The Empire Strikes Back box office return. Read More »
The premiere of the second season of Star Wars Rebels is just a couple weeks away. We’ve already seen the season premiere thanks to Star Wars Celebration (check out our video blog from afterwards here), but everyone else has been waiting patiently. And now we have a new tease of the second season’s one-hour first episode, The Siege of Lothal.
It looks like Darth Vader is going to play pretty prominently, at least in this first episode, as he’s been dispatched by the Emperor to hunt down our heroes. Watch the Star Wars Rebels second season premiere teaser after the jump! Read More »
So far the only official glimpses of characters from Star Wars: The Force Awakens have come from the teaser trailer and this year’s theatrical trailer, as well as the stylish Vanity Fair photoshoot. But with the merchandising of the newest chapter of the sci-fi saga just around the corner, we’ll be seeing much more of the characters soon enough.
In fact, a new image from a piece of Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise seems to have leaked online a little early, and it shows off a familiar character, but with one difference. The protocol droid C-3PO now has a red arm.
Check out C-3PO’s red arm below! Read More »
If you’re into toys and video games, this is a particularly solid edition of Star Wars Bits. The rest is pretty good too. Below, read about the following:
- Neil deGrasse Tyson agrees to help on Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One.
- Amazing images from the original trilogy section of Disney Infinity 3.0 hit the web.
- Geonosis and Tatooine in Disney Infinity 3.0 are revealed.
- Read an interview with the writer of Star Wars #6.
- Check out some Indiana Jones easter eggs in The Clone Wars.
- Find out the names and sizes of all the Force Awakens LEGO sets.
- What went into bringing Ashoka back for Star Wars Rebels?
- The company which designed BB-8 is expanding.
- Find out a few more details on Star Wars: Uprising.
- See what First Order bed sheets look like, licensed from The Force Awakens.
- Could we see Ewoks in Star Wars: The Force Awakens?
Read More »