Exclusive merchandise, essential Star Wars stories and Episode VII what-ifs. Read about it all in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Check out the limited Star Wars merchandise available during Disney’s Star Wars Weekends.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles will continue later this year.
- Rumor has it digital versions of the full Star Wars saga will be made available this winter.
- In case you forgot, all of Star Wars: The Clone Wars is now on Netflix including The Lost Episodes.
- Dave Filoni calls the final episodes of The Clone Wars “very important to understanding the overall saga.”
- Previously sold out Star Wars maps by artist Andrew DeGraff are back on sale from Gallery 1988.
- Jon Favreau would have done Star Wars Episode VII… if anyone had asked him.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Disney and Lucasfilm have still not announced who’ll be starring in J.J. Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII, but information continues to creep out there. Besides the Adam Driver business, one member of the original cast who has no problem saying she’s returning for Star Wars 7 is Carrie Fisher. Time and time again Fisher has let it slip she’s planning on returning for the film and now she’s done it again.
Fisher will be appearing on an upcoming episode of the FXX show Legit and that show’s star, Jim Jefferies, told Sirius XM’s Opie and Anthony Show Fisher will be in London for six months later this year shooting the film. Read the full quote below. Read More »
The star of Girls could soon become a Sith. Variety is reporting Adam Driver is close to signing a deal that’ll make him the main villain in J.J. Abrams‘ Star Wars Episode VII.
UPDATE: Driver’s Girls co-star, Lena Dunham, seems to confirm the news. Read More »
The seventh and final main character of Star Wars Rebels has been revealed. Her name is Hera, voiced by Vanessa Marshall, and she’s the pilot of the show’s primary spaceship, the Ghost. That makes her the de facto leader of the rag-tag band of rebels. In her big reveal video, which you can watch below, you learn about her as well as the dynamic that’ll be the throughline for the entire show. Read More »
Thankfully the Star Wars galaxy is big, because this edition of Bits is all over the map. There are the requisite Star Wars Episode VII rumors, of course, but also theme parks, t-shirts, video games, board games and even posters. Below, read about the following:
- A rumor ties Star Wars Episode VII propmakers to seven-year contacts.
- Watch a video about creativity set inside the Lucasfilm offices.
- Lucasfilm hires a new Executive Producer of Theme Parks.
- Check out some rare, original Star Wars posters.
- Read an insider’s tale of the fall of Lucasarts.
- Enter an official Star Wars t-shirt contest.
- A crazy rumor says Star Wars Episode VII is recasting Princess Leia.
Read More »
If Kanan is the “Han Solo” and Ezra is the “Luke,” Zeb is the Chewbacca of Star Wars Rebels.
The team at Lucasfilm has been slowly revealing new characters from the upcoming Disney XD animated series, which will be the first product of the new Disney Star Wars universe. Next up is Zeb, a muscle-bound, but smart and articulate alien ally of the Rebellion who flies in the Ghost with the rest of the crew. Below, check out a video introduction to our first alien – and a new one at that – of the new Star Wars universe. Read More »
With four official characters introduced, the image of Star Wars Rebels is beginning to take shape. The Lucasfilm/Disney animated series will tell Star Wars fans how the rebellion against the Galactic Empire grew from its earliest stages to the strong organization that blew up two Death Stars. In that time between Episodes III and IV, we know there will be an evil Sith named The Inquisitor, a droid named Chopper, a hidden Jedi named Kanan and a poor, street smart kid named Ezra, who Kanan takes under his wing. These characters will be at the center of the show when it premieres this summer on Disney Channel before moving to Disney XD in the Fall.
Today two 30 second promos have come online. These show us the first complete footage we’ve seen from the series. Check them out below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The effects of Star Wars Episode VII are being felt everywhere: Industrial Light and Magic, the Internet, the acting community. Read all about that — and a lot about Star Wars Rebels — in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Meet Ezra, a 14-year-old con artist from Star Wars Rebels.
- Two new trailers for Rebels will debut February.
- Industrial Light and Magic opens a London office to work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Lucasfilm relaunches their website.
- See high quality images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets as well as the Hasbro version of Kanan…
- … as well as two new not-yet-revealed characters too: Zeb Orrellos and Hera Syndulla.
- Actor Daryl McCormack describes multiple call backs for Star Wars Episode VII.
- Endless Love star Alex Pettyfer confirmed he was contacted about Episode VII.
- Tom Hiddleston was not contacted, however.
- An update on Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.
Read More »