Lots of non-spoiler talk about The Force Awakens and the rest of the Star Wars universe in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- J.J. Abrams and R2-D2 get hit with flying fish on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens may have shot in a giant water tank.
- Pinewood Studios will be home to Episode VIII and the Gareth Edwards spin-off.
- Mark Hamill may have filmed The Force Awakens scenes without his beard.
- Simon Pegg creates a link between Spaced and The Force Awakens.
- Daniel Radcliffe talks about hanging out on the Millennium Falcon.
- Star Tours: The Adventures Continue is finally coming to Disneyland paris.
- Make your own Force Awakens meme and learn more about the font choice.
- A possible description of a scene in the desert.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
These days, so many of us get on the Internet with one thing in mind: More Star Wars. Since October of 2013 when it was announced that Episode VII of the Star Wars saga was coming, many of us spend every day, at least partially, thinking about it. With just over a year to go until release, this has begun to speed up, especially with rumors of a first trailer coming and the official title: Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
It’s pretty obvious numerous famous filmmakers are also in this boat. Star Wars was as influential and formative for them as it was all of us. But few would guess Christopher Nolan, director of Interstellar, would fly his flag for Star Wars fandom. We knew he liked the films and was influenced by them but, in a new interview, he says he “lives and dies with each new bit of information about ‘Star Wars.’”
Below, read Nolan’s thoughts on The Force Awakens including whether or not he would’ve had the courage to make the film. Read More »
Star Wars fandom cranked up to a new level last week when Disney finally announced the official title to Star Wars Episode VII. The title, in case you’ve avoided the internet in the days since, is Star Wars: The Force Awakens. While fans debated the lack of the “Episode VII” in the title, the more interesting conversation concerns what, exactly, the title tells us about the movie.
We’ve heard years of rumors about what could happen in the film but we don’t even officially know who each new actor is playing. This title is the biggest and best piece of information yet on what the film holds. A title encompasses a whole film, and for this to be the moniker decided on for the most important Star Wars film yet, is pretty special.
So who came up with the title? The CEO of Disney Bob Iger revealed that in a new interview. Below, watch that and read more about what The Force Awakens title means. Read More »
The Star Wars Twitter has revealed the official title of Star Wars Episode VII. It’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There’s no “Episode VII” in this title treatment, but that doesn’t mean the naming convention is gone. (You don’t call it “Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back” right?) So for right now, the film is Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
Directed by J.J. Abrams, the film stars John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker. It opens December 18, 2015. Read more about The Force Awakens below. Read More »
Today’s Star Wars Bits is short, but sweet and loaded with potential spoilers. If they’re true. Some very intriguing rumors have surfaced including:
- Learn more about the role of Luke Skywalker in Star Wars Episode VII.
- Read a possible description of a key droid in Episode VII.
- We may have an idea of the sequence of events shot in Abu Dhabi.
- Two potential outfits for Daisy Ridley‘s character are described.
Read More »
Lots of awesome Episode VII talk highlights this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Some fun rumors pop up about Episode VII cameos for Simon Pegg, Benedict Cumberbatch and the role of Warwick Davis.
- A full, rumored scene is described as well as a hint at the film’s opening.
- Read some news and see some photos from the Star Wars Episode VII wrap party.
- Mark Hamill has shaved his Star Wars Episode VII beard.
- Actress Christina Chong talks working on Episode VII.
- An upcoming book will reveal a new Episode VII ship.
- Does concept art highlight changes made from the Michael Arndt script to the J.J. Abrams/Lawrence Kasdan one?
- Peter Jackson also visited the set of Star Wars Episode VII.
- See the Hot Toys Stormtrooper figures.
- An official Star Wars costume exhibit has been announced.
Read More »
Star Wars Episode VII officially finished filming over the weekend. We know this both because of the note J.J. Abrams gave to crew members, and the photos and videos that appeared online from what looked to be a massive after-party. Among the attendees at the party was everyone’s favorite astromech droid, R2-D2.
R2 was the first official cast member revealed from the film so it’s kind of fitting he’s also the first we get to see in all his Episode VII glory. Now, don’t expect some massive spoiler or surprise here. It’s just R2-D2, but this is definitely an R2-D2 that’s seen another few decades of action. Check out the Star Wars 7 R2D2 below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Anthony Daniels, the actor who has played the famous droid C3-PO in all of the Star Wars movies including the upcoming seventh film, took to twitter to make a bold claim. Could JJ Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII end up being the best movie sequel ever made, even better than Empire Strikes Back? Hit the jump to see Daniels comments.
Read More »