We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
The buzz of New York Toy Fair is finally wearing off but, when an event is that big, a few things will always fall through the cracks. One example is a tease of an upcoming Star Wars toy by Spin-Master. It’s called Legendary Yoda and we don’t know exactly what it does but a teaser video is about as tantalizing and fun as teaser videos gets. Check out the Star Wars Legendary Yoda from Spin-Master below. Read More »
A major question may have been answered and a major amount of art is featured in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about:
- Mark Hamill offers a cryptic tease of Luke Skywalker’s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- There’s a real lack of female characters made as Hasbro Star Wars toys.
- Check out a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #3.
- Greg Grunberg talks about working on, and the secrecy surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a bunch of exclusive art that will be available at Star Wars Celebration.
- Has Rey’s speeder already made it into the world of Star Wars?
- A large batch of rumors, some new some old, have been posted online.
Read More »
Lots of great discussion points in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Star Wars Battlefront might tie into Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Watch Harrison Ford predict his Force Awakens leg injury back in 1980.
- If you’re attending Star Wars Celebration, both the Dodgers and Angels are having Star Wars nights.
- Read a potential line Han Solo says in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A new rumor about who Domhnall Gleeson is playing in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- The Star Wars Rebels season 1 finale will air on March 2.
- Watch two clips from the next episode of Star Wars Rebels.
- Lucasfilm employees are auctioning off original artwork for charity.
- See some fake, but interesting, mockups of rumored original trilogy Star Wars Blu-rays.
Read More »
Few objects in recent history have been more visually impactful than Apple’s iPhone. One of the men primarily responsible for that look, and the look of numerous other iconic Apple products, is Jony Ive. Ive is the senior vice president of design at Apple and “one of the two most powerful people in the world’s most valuable company,” according to The New Yorker.
The New Yorker is also where Ive revealed that he and good friend J.J. Abrams have had private discussions about Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Not only that, Abrams took one of Ive’s suggestions about the design of the film and you’ve already seen it. Read more about the Jony Ive Star Wars connection below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
For months, everyone’s been hypothesizing that the next trailer for Star Wars: The Force Awakens was going to debut at Star Wars Celebration (before hitting theaters and online). Well, Lucasfilm just announced that the film’s co-writer and director, J.J. Abrams will kick off the event with producer and Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy “in a big way” on April 16. I think we all know what that means. Read more below. Read More »
So much — maybe too much — has been made of Kylo Ren’s cross guard lightsaber from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The discussion has been all over YouTube; it made it to Comedy Central, and even to J.J. Abrams himself. It turns out though, Kylo Ren’s lightsaber was just the beginning.
Ezra on Star Wars Rebels recently changed what a lightsaber could be by putting one on the end of a blaster. And later this year, Hasbro will allow fans to make any kind of lightsaber they imagine with Star Wars Bladebuilders. Different hilt? No problem. Multiple blades? Sure. A cross guard? That’s nothing. You can literally do anything you want.
Below, see the first images of Star Wars Bladebuilders, which will launch at New York Toy Fair. Read More »
As fans patently wait for Disney’s plans on integrating Star Wars into the land-based theme parks, the first details of the sea-bound versions have been revealed. Star Wars and Disney have just announced that their Disney Cruise Line will incorporate a Star Wars Day into their trips beginning in 2016. Read the Star Wars cruise details below. Read More »
You’re in luck today because there’s a whole bunch of great information in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels and Kenny Baker are first actors confirmed for Star Wars Celebration.
- Matthew Vaughn would love to direct a Star Wars movie.
- Watch J.J. Abrams accept a visual effects award, mention directing Star Wars.
- Mackenzie Davis was reportedly also up for the Star Wars standalone.
- Three major characters are rumored to appear in the Star Wars Rebels Season Two premiere.
- Mark Hamill did a great Don’t Talk PSA for the Alamo Drafthouse.
- Marvel’s Princess Leia comic has over 250,000 pre-orders; See a few new covers.
- John Boyega talks about Star Wars: The Force Awakens excitement.
- Female Stormtroopers are canon.
- A small update on the production status of the Star Wars standalone.
- Billy Dee Williams thinks he’ll appear in a new Star Wars movie.
- Could Han Solo appear in Star Wars Rebels?
- See a homemade Millennium Falcon drone.
- Get a glimpse of what Princess Leia’s outfit might look like in The Force Awakens.
Read More »