The Lucasfilm website recently relaunched with a slick new design showing off their decades of iconic work. Among the properties on the website is, of course, Star Wars Episode VII and in the “Production” section of the site, there’s an image of a production meeting. Attendees of this meeting include writer/director J.J. Abrams, Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, production designer Rick Carter, SVP of technology Kim Libreri, SVP of Physical Production Jason McGatlin and Senior Visual Effects Supervisor John Knoll. So this is pretty big time.
Most interestingly, though, are the images on the back wall. They clearly depict the Millennium Falcon as well as vast landscape and even Obi-Wan Kenobi. Are these from Star Wars Episode VII? Explore the image below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Lucasfilm has just revealed the first human character from their upcoming Disney XD animated show, Star Wars Rebels. That also makes him the first Jedi revealed in the whole new, Disney owned Star Wars Universe. His name is Kanan, and he’s described as a “Cowboy Jedi.” Freddie Prinze Jr. provides the voice. Check out a reveal video below. Read More »
Briefly: By now we all know Star Wars Episode VII news isn’t official unless it comes from the official website. Even so, up until now Lucasfilm and Disney aren’t giving fans anything like the kind of intense minutia we’re all interested in. When it comes to a movie like this, we want to know every little detail. Today, HitFix has a pretty good report, however.
Just as writer director J.J. Abrams hinted at a few weeks back, filming of the new episode will begin in Mid-May and continue through September of this year, leaving about one year for post production. They site has also learned “most principal casting on the film is complete, with many announcements still to come.” [HitFix]
Posted on Thursday, February 6th, 2014 by Angie Han
It feels like there’s a Star Wars Episode VII rumor attached to pretty much every actor working these days. Most of the time, stars meet these reports with stringent denials, if they bother to respond at all.
But today’s hot rumor has a bit more meat to it than most. Actor Gary Oldman has confirmed that he was approached for a role in the J.J. Abrams-directed adventure, though he hasn’t gone as far as saying he’s actually been cast. Read his exact words after the jump.
Read More »
There was actual Star Wars movie news Tuesday when a Disney shareholders letter revealed Star Wars Rebels would debut with a full length movie. However, that wasn’t the only interesting thing in the document. Below, read about another huge piece of information and more.
- Disney thinks they have 40 years worth of content thanks to Star Wars.
- Watch a trailer for the new free-to-play Star Wars: The Old Republic expansion.
- One location proposal for a George Lucas museum has been rejected.
- Star Wars characters might be coming to Disney Infinity.
- A familiar face holding the number “7″ graces the cover of an international movie magazine.
- Star Wars Episode VII starts filming in May.
Read More »
I have a recommendation for all you Star Wars fans out there. As you patiently wait for news of new movies, fill the time by looking at the awesome way Disney and Lucasfilm are promoting the upcoming cartoon series Star Wars Rebels. For the past few months, slivers of information have been continually released about the project, each giving fans just enough to enjoy and digest without spoiling anything big.
We know the identity of the villain, we know a new droid, we’ve seen concept art and much more. Now, six images promoting Imperial propaganda have been released, each showing ways the Empire is recruiting people to their cause between the events of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. Check them out below. Read More »
February 2014 is here and we still don’t have official news on Star Wars Episode VII. What we do have is Star Wars Bits, lots of tiny pieces of news to tide us over before the big stuff hits. In this edition read about the following:
- Zac Efron confirmed he did take a meeting about Star Wars Episode VII.
- Billy Dee Williams talks about the Star Wars legacy, and whether he’d come back for a new one.
- Check out great images of the Star Wars Rebels Lego sets.
- A rumor has begun to swirl that the Star Wars spinoff films will be delayed.
- Check out a list of upcoming Star Wars Rebels books.
- Star Wars Angry Birds II is getting a “Carbonite” update this week.
- Legendary effects man Phil Tippett isn’t sure if he’ll work on Star Wars Episode VII.
- Mark Hamill looks and sounds fit in a new promo for a charity contest.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
With books, games, audio, movies, and TV, this edition of Star Wars Bits crosses all media. Below, read about the following:
- Is Benedict Cumberbatch out of the running for Star Wars Episode VII?
- Is Episode VII coming out at the same time across the globe?
- Disney announced a new mobile game called Star Wars: Assault Team.
- Bill Hader kills some Star Wars impressions on Conan.
- Star Wars vet Sam Witwer talks potentially being part of Star Wars Rebels.
- There’s a new presentation video for the Lucas Cultural Arts Museum.
- Check out the cover to William Shakespeare’s The Empire Striketh Back.
- Lego Star Wars Microfighters is now available for iOS.
- Listen to an audio clip from Star Wars: Maul Lockdown.
Read More »