Just a few days ago Disney announced the title of the first Star Wars spin-off movie: Star Wars: Rogue One. And shortly afterward, Paramount released the first teaser and the final title for the new Mission: Impossible movie, Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation. Jokes flew immediately about the similar titles, but as it turns out there was some back-room dealing between the two studios over the similar titles. And thanks to that deal, Disney will hold off on any early promotion of Rogue One until later this year. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
UPDATE: We spoke to Isaac and he clarified the intentions of his quote. Original story follows.
If J.J. Abrams and Lucasfilm were a bit more open about who and what the characters in Star Wars: The Force Awakens were, what follows might not be news. But right now, even though we know Oscar Isaac plays a character named Poe Dameron, we don’t know who that is. We’ve heard some rumors, and those rumors are that he’s very important to the sequel trilogy; the Han Solo of the younger generation. But those are just rumors. The fact of the matter is we don’t know who or what is important to this trilogy of films.
In a new interview, Isaac discussed Rian Johnson‘s Star Wars Episode VIII. His quote, albeit brief, could be construed as a spoiler for anyone avoiding info on who or what makes it to the end of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Read the Poe Dameron Episode 8 quote below, but proceed with caution.
Read More »
Sideshow Collectibles sent me a sample of Hot Toys’ Star Wars Stormtrooper Sixth Scale Figure. Lets unbox this figure and take a look at whats inside the box. After the jump you will find photos of the Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper Sixth Scale Figure, alongside my thoughts on the product.
Read More »
Star Wars invades the animal kingdom and much more in this jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Star Wars: Battlefront will debut at Star Wars Celebration.
- Help make Citizen George, which is Citizen Kane if it was about George Lucas.
- A new Star Wars novel hints at a explanation for Kylo Ren‘s lightsaber.
- Hasbro clears up the controversy surrounding some upcoming Princess Leia Black Series toys.
- Could a live action Star Wars TV series be starting up again?
- Topps will release a full series of Star Wars: The Force Awakens trading cards.
- A new species of catfish was named after Greedo.
- The Star Wars Rebels schedule of Star Wars Celebration has been revealed.
- A canceled Kingdom Hearts game was going to have a Star Wars universe.
- Read some potential spoilers about Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Posted on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 by Angie Han
J.J. Abrams is currently finishing up Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but his time in that faraway galaxy may just be getting started. Rumor has it Abrams is wanted back for Star Wars Episode IX, expected out in 2019. More on the Abrams Star Wars Episode IX rumor after the jump. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Star Wars has the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, and soon we’ll see the sequel trilogy. Before that new series bows, however, we’ll get the book trilogy. One of the first books announced for the large-scale publishing event Journey to the Force Awakens is called Star Wars Aftermath. We’ve previously written about the plot of the book, which centers on a lone Rebel scout who learns of a secret Imperial meeting after the Battle of Endor, and we’ve covered the author, Chuck Wendig.
Now we know Aftermath is the first book in a trilogy that will answer some crucial questions about the Galaxy immediately after the destruction of the second Death Star on the way to the events of The Force Awakens. We also know a bit more about the plot, which characters will or will not appear and clues about The Force Awakens. Read about all that, and see the full book cover, below. Read More »
Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron takes a starring role in this latest Star Wars Bits, but there’s much more too. Below read about the following:
- Does Star Wars Episode VIII have a Japanese component?
- Read a great history of what Rogue One actually means.
- The Rogue One trademark contains the words “Star Wars.”
- Find out when each of the shots in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser take place in the movie.
- Domhnall Gleeson forgot we knew the name “Poe Dameron” in this interview. Proceeds to freak out.
- Find out a bit more about Poe Dameron’s X-Wing.
- The author of Star Wars: Aftermath has been revealed.
- Learn some of the Luke Skywalker revelations in Heir to the Jedi.
- Will we see Star Wars Battlefront at Star Wars Celebration?
Read More »
As production prep gears on the first Star Wars spin-off film Rogue One, we are beginning to learn about new creative talent who will be part of the team. The latest bit of info tells us who to expect as the Star Wars Rogue One composer — and it isn’t Star Wars franchise composer John Williams. Details after the jump.
Read More »
Among the 20 titles that will consist of the newly announced Journey to Star Wars: The Force Awakens, one that stood out was a prequel comic book. It would reportedly be told from the perspective of C-3PO and take place immediately after the events of Return of the Jedi. Well, that comic now has a title, release window and first image. The comic is called Star Wars: Shattered Empire and it’ll be out in September. See the full cover of the Force Awakens prequel comic below. Read More »