Update from Editor Peter Sciretta: Disney has released the third short film in its entirety online. The new Star Wars Rebels short film “Entanglement” follows Zeb, who “fails to meet with Kanan at a specified rendezvous point and instead finds himself joyfully battling many, many stormtroopers.” Watch the Star Wars Rebels Zeb short film now embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Don’t freak out, this image has NOTHING to do with the new Star Wars Episode 7 villain rumor
A couple weeks back, a hot rumor hit the internet explaining how the Star Wars Episode 7 villain could rewrite Star Wars franchise history. Well a new report adds more heat to the fire. Learn more about the new Star Wars Episode VII villain rumor after the jump.
Read More »
Today in Star Wars Bits, we take a look at:
- Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo clarifies his Comic Con “no flashbacks” comment.
- Were all the recent Episode 7 rumors fake and actually passed off from the Dark Horse comic book series Star Wars: Legacy?
- Star Wars spin-off director Gareth Edwards accepts the Ice Bucket Challenge in the LucasFilm Yoda fountain.
- Harrison Ford more active after leg injury
- Read the rumored plot synopsis for Christie Golden‘s upcoming Star Wars novel featuring Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos
- The special features included in the Star Wars Rebels: Spark Of Rebellion DVD/Blu-ray
- The trailer and release of the Star Wars: Commander iOS game.
- Also: The above three posters were fan created, by AndrewSS7.
All this and more, after the jump.
Read More »
You would need an encyclopedia to know how many different versions of the original Star Wars Trilogy are out there. From obvious changes made to create the Special Editions, or the addition of “Episode IV” to the first film, to more subtle ones like color correction or audio tweaks, there are dozens of different versions of each film. All fans want, though, are the original negatives, with no “special” additions, but corrections to make them look and sound as good as modern technology will allow.
Unfortunately, that’s probably never going to happen because of rights issues and George Lucas’ wishes. So a group of fans made the Star Wars Despecialized Edition, a painstaking project that’s still in progress. The Despecialized Edition removes all the additions and tweaks slathered onto the films over the years, while simultaneously upgrading the sound and picture to modern standards. The results are pretty incredible and a new featurette shows the jaw-dropping changes and work put into the project. Read More »
What you’ve got to love about Twitter are the windows it opens. The way a single tweet can just set your imagination on fire with possibility. Monday night, that happened twice. First as a joke, and then as a photo.
The photo featured Star Wars Episode VII director J.J. Abrams with his two co-stars, John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. It made you dream about the conversations being held between these three. Then, in the background, was someone else. Another famous director who, earlier that evening, made you wish if you could be one place in the world last night, it was with him. Edgar Wright tweeted that he too was hanging out with Abrams. Read More »
UPDATE: Disney has officially announced that Star Wars Rebels will premiere on Disney Channel October 3 and the full series will start October 13 on Disney XD. Original article follows, full press release after the jump.
One of the biggest mysteries regarding the new Disney cartoon Star Wars Rebels hasn’t had anything to do with Jedi, Sith, or new characters. We’ve just been wondering when we’d get to see it. At Comic-Con, the news was quietly leaked that the first episode (for which you can watch our full review here) will premiere in October 2014. Lucasfilm and Disney have not settled on a specific Star Wars Rebels release date just yet, but will do so in the new few weeks. That premiere will be in October, on the Disney Channel, before moving to its regular spot on Disney XD. Below, read more about Star Wars Rebels and watch a few new clips. Read More »
Last week saw a motherload of Star Wars rumors, spoilers and discussion hitting the internet. Things have cooled down considerably over the weekend, but there’s still lots going on. Below, read about the following.
- Are the Star Wars board games affected by Star Wars Episode VII?
- The same old rumor of the original Star Wars Trilogy coming to Blu-ray is back.
- Check out a fan rendering of a Star Wars Episode VII Stormtrooper and some new rumors.
- Read an interview with Adam Driver about starring in Episode VII, his schedule and Harrison Ford‘s injuries.
- A new photo of Tatooine from Star Wars Episode VII has leaked, as well as photos inside the Millennium Falcon.
- Read a possible description of a Daisy Ridley outfit in the film.
- See the cover for the Star Wars Rebels mini-movie, Spark of Rebellion, and watch a new Chopper video.
- John Boyega meets Samuel L. Jackson, Jackson calls him a Jedi.
- See a bunch of new creatures and ships from Star Wars Rebels.
- Watch the panel for the book Star Wars: A New Dawn.
- More Star Wars Episode VII rumors including the Luke Skywalker timeline.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Last Week, Disney XD released the first Star Wars Rebels short film “Ghost in the Machine” which focused on the animated series’ new astromech droid Chopper. This week Disney has released another Star Wars Rebels short film titled “Art Attack” which focuses on Sabine Wren, the Mandalorian Human female weapons expert who is part of the new series.
In “Art Attack,” a special Star Wars Rebels short, Sabine sneaks into an Imperial compound, looking to create a diversion for her friends aboard the Ghost. Spotted by stormtroopers, she proves too quick to be captured – and leaves behind an explosive surprise.
Watch the Star Wars Rebels Art Attack short film embedded after the jump.
Read More »