Star Wars: The Force Awakens opens December 18 of this year. The first Star Wars standalone film opens December 16, 2016. After that, we have a good idea of what the next few years have in store for Star Wars but nothing is 100% set in stone. For example, though every single outlet in the world has confirmed Rian Johnson is directing Star Wars Episode VIII, along with the filmmaker himself, the company has yet to acknowledge it. And though we’ve heard there will be a Star Wars movie every single year, only the two dates above are confirmed.
However, the long-term future of Star Wars was recently mentioned by Disney CEO Bob Iger. In a Disney shareholders report, he talked about seeing footage from The Force Awakens, confirmed the release years for the next two films in “this” trilogy, and failed to mention the second standalone film. There’s more, too. Read the extremely loaded Star Wars sequel trilogy quote below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, January 27th, 2015 by Angie Han
It seems the sky’s the limit for Star-Lord. Hot off the massive success of Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris Pratt is reportedly being eyed to lead Disney’s revival of the Indiana Jones franchise. More on the possible Chris Pratt Indiana Jones casting after the jump. Read More »
From the set of The Force Awakens, to its concept art and everything in between, it’s a busy day in Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Read how J.J. Abrams reacted when Harrison Ford got hurt on the set of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Ewan McGregor is still waiting for his Star Wars standalone phone call, plus comments on Kylo Ren’s lightsaber.
- Could a Han Solo video game be in the works?
- Billie Lourd is most certainly in The Force Awakens.
- See a cool prequel easter egg in Star Wars #1 and read about more secrets in the book.
- Darth Vader #1 is a bit hit already, plus new variant covers.
- Jessica Chastain would love to be in a Star Wars movie.
- J.J. Abrams used Disney codenames on the set of The Force Awakens.
- More video of Dave Filoni, Killian Plunkett and Henry Gilroy talking Star Wars Rebels.
- A potential location is The Force Awakens is described, as are some new characters and an action scene.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, January 26th, 2015 by Angie Han
Another screenwriter is rocketing off to a galaxy far, far away. Chris Weitz is set to pen the Star Wars standalone being directed by Gareth Edwards, following Gary Whitta‘s departure a couple weeks ago. More on the Star Wars Chris Weitz news after the jump. Read More »
When you think Lucasfilm, you probably think of two things: Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Both creations of filmmaker George Lucas, those two franchises put Lucasfilm on the map and made the company what is today: an entity that cost Disney $4 billion. But Lucasfilm isn’t only Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Proof of that hit theaters this past weekend as they released Strange Magic, an animated fairy tale Lucas himself conceived and produced.
That got us thinking, what else has Lucasfilm done? What are they without their two big superstars? The answer is “a lot” and “something pretty special.” Below, read our ranking of the 10 best Lucasfilm movies, minus Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Read More »
Posted on Friday, January 23rd, 2015 by Angie Han
For months, we’ve heard two seemingly conflicting rumors about one Star Wars spinoff: one, that it’ll be about Boba Fett, and two, that it’ll be about Han Solo. The common assumption was that one or the other had to be false — but if this latest rumor is true, it could mean both of the other ones are, too.
Word is the Star Wars spinoff won’t be a Han Solo story or a Boba Fett story, but a single film that includes both fan-favorite characters. More on the Star Wars spinoff rumor after the jump. Read More »
Gareth Edwards has begun testing actresses for a lead role in his 2016 Star Wars standalone movie. There’s no word what the role is but The Hollywood Reporter reports Orphan Black star Tatiana Maslany, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo star Rooney Mara, and recent Oscar nominee Felicity Jones are all testing for a part in the film.
UPDATE: Variety reports that Kate Mara also read for the role. Read More »
When an installment of Star Wars Bits contains possible Force Awakens spoilers and love connections, you know it’s going to be good. Below, read about the following:
- Gareth Edwards‘ Star Wars standalone could have lots of location shooting.
- Actress Leanne Best has reportedly been revealed as a cast member of The Force Awakens.
- Artist Robert Bailey posts some beautiful Force Awakens images.
- Watch Dave Filoni, Henry Gilroy and Kilian Plunkett talk Rebels, Clone Wars and Star Wars #1.
- There will be at least seven new Lego sets for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, plus news on other sets.
- Marvel may, in the future, do Star Wars stories during the prequel era.
- Several old Star Wars games are now available digitally for the first time.
- Star Wars: A New Hope will screen in Navajo at Star Wars Celebration.
- Star Wars speed dating. Yes, you read that right.
- Read what may be a massive spoiler from The Force Awakens.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web: