Star Wars Episode VII won’t be at San Diego Comic-Con this week, but Star Wars Rebels will be there in force. And before you roll your eyes, a new trailer has been revealed that’s as exciting and Star Wars-y as you’d hope it could be. The second trailer for the Disney XD show, which will premiere in October, offers lots more story, much more characterization and far more action than the first. Pair that with John Williams‘ iconic score, add in some super cool visuals and the new, extended Star Wars Rebels trailer officially has me pumped for the show.
We’ll have much more on Rebels in the coming week, including reactions to the first few episodes and interviews with the show’s creators. For now though, check out the awesome, extended Star Wars Rebels trailer. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
To promote the final week of the Star Wars: Force for Change campaign, director J.J. Abrams has released a video unveiling the Star Wars Episode 7 X-Wing. See the video now embedded after the jump to check out the Star Wars: Episode VII X-Wing design.
Read More »
Posted on Sunday, July 20th, 2014 by Angie Han
Officially, the storyline of Star Wars Episode VII remains shrouded in mystery. J.J. Abrams isn’t saying much, and neither are his cast and crew. Unofficially, however, we may have our first taste of some concrete Star Wars Episode VII plot details today.
A rumored plot summary has been making its way around the web, and if accurate it has tons of juicy info. It lays out whom certain actors are playing, how some of the returning characters figure into the story, what the general scope of the film is, and more. Hit the jump to get the dirt.
Read More »
Briefly: We don’t know who she’s playing but a new actress has reportedly joined the cast of Star Wars Episode VII. It’s Christina Chong, an up and comer who was on 24: Live Another Day with another Episode VII actor, John Boyega. Read More »
This edition of Star Wars Bits is all over the map. There are laughs, technology, revelations, connections and even some toys. Below, read about the following
- Jon Stewart battles Stephen Colbert over their Star Wars fandom.
- The original Star Wars Trilogy was given a 4K conversion.
- New Star Wars Rebels characters have been revealed, including a familiar name from the original trilogy.
- Read details about the iWalk2.0, the new crutch Harrison Ford is currently using.
- See the latest two Star Wars Hot Wheels based on Chewbacca and Yoda.
- Andy Serkis gets grilled about his Star Wars Episode VII role and gives a concrete bit of info.
- Ian McDiarmid says he isn’t in Star Wars Episode VII.
Read More »
UPDATE: This article was written on June 18 but has now been confirmed by Entertainment Weekly. Update below with new video.
As fans speculate about the villains in Star Wars Episode VII, we know at least one bad guy created in this post-George Lucas universe. His name is The Inquisitor and he’s a lean, mean, lightsaber-swinging, Jedi-killing machine. In the Disney XD show Star Wars Rebels, set between Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, he’s tasked by Darth Vader to hunt down the remaining Jedi.
The Inquisitor was the first character introduced from Rebels; since then, we’ve met the entire remaining cast and their human counterparts. During all that, we have yet to find out who will be voicing the Inquisitor. Now, a rumor has surfaced that Jason Isaacs, of Harry Potter and The Patriot fame, will be voicing the character. Read More »
Lots of cool merchandise and droids are in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Watch a BBC News report try to figure out if Star Wars Episode VII is shooting in the woods.
- Chopper the astromech droid is built in a new Star Wars Rebels video.
- Check out a new Star Wars Rebels poster.
- Eric Tan‘s insane Empire Strikes Back poster is now on sale.
- Check out the R2-D2 Hot Wheels coming to Comic-Con.
- Han Solo and Chewbacca have been revealed from the upcoming Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Just when you thought we’d met all of the major characters in Star Wars Rebels, there’s another bad guy to introduce. His name is Agent Kallus and he’s voiced by David Oyelowo. Kallus is described as a “Rebel Hunter,” a member of an internal group whose only purpose is to find and exterminate enemies of the Empire. Which basically means Rebels, like our stars. And some Jedi as well, I’d imagine.
Below, check out a full video introduction of the character. Read More »