Some film franchises and television shows have a large enough mythology and universe that entire encyclopedias (or more commonly Wikis today) have been written in an attempt to chronicle every facet of the world that some of our favorite stories unfold. Star Wars, Star Trek, Game of Thrones, Lost and more all have expansive and rich histories.
Now a new web series from Machinima is diving into some of the milestone moments of our favorite films and TV shows with Real Fake History. Created in the style of a History Channel show or Ken Burns documentary, these documentary shorts examine the fictional wars, events and stories of films and television. The first episode has just gone live taking a look at the pivotal Battle of Endor, the fight which brought down the Empire, in Return of the Jedi.
Watch Real Fake History’s Battle of Endor after the jump!
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
I want to learn the ways of the Star Wars Bits and become a Jedi Knight like my father. Here’s what we have in today’s round up of news from a galaxy far, far away
- Release date for Star Wars Rebels Season One on Blu-Ray and DVD
- The Force Awakens novelization author talks adapting the movie
- Dave Filoni on Sabine’s new look in Star Wars Rebels
- You choose the next Star Wars Black Series figure!
- The Force Awakens promo banner appears with First Order Stormtrooper
- Rumors of The Force Awakens locations being reused for Episode VIII
- Lucasfilm clarifies chronology of The Clone Wars Legacy conent
- Star Wars Battlefront puts a focus on multiplayer gameplay
- Rumors on who Rey’s parents may or may not be
Read More »
If you haven’t been keeping up with Star Wars Bits, then you might have missed that the first action figure from Star Wars: The Force Awakens will arrive next month at San Diego Comic-Con as a convention exclusive.
The first figure from Episode VII will be a 6-inch Black Series First Order Stormtrooper. Some high-resolution shots of the figure have been making the rounds online (we featured them over here), but now it’s the packaging that has fans talking. Why? Because it details the history of the Stormtrooper and rise of The First Order, the new evil in the galaxy.
Check out the First Order origins details after the jump! Read More »
The Walt Disney Company has publicly announced they are considering a $1 billion-plus expansion of the Disneyland Resort, which would bring unknown new attractions, a new parking structure with at least 5,000 parking spots and other improvements to the Southern California-based theme parks. Could this mean new Marvel and Star Wars rides and lands are just on the horizon? Find out the details of the proposed Disneyland Expansion after the jump.
Read More »
It’s hard to believe, but San Diego Comic-Con is already less than two weeks away, and all of us here at SlashFilm will be running ourselves ragged to bring you all the latest news straight out of the convention center housing the biggest pop culture gathering in the country.
And along with the big news coming out of Comic-Con also comes cool goodies that will only be available for purhcase at the convention, and then eventually eBay for those who weren’t lucky enough to be in San Diego. And for all you Star Wars fans, Toys R Us just unveiled a new Black Series action figure set that Return of the Jedi fans will love.
Check out the Jabba’s Rancor Pit action figure set after the jump! Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
The odds of successfully surviving Star Wars Bits is approximately 3,720 to 1. Here’s the lowdown on all the Star Wars goodies you can find out about after the jump:
- Go behind the scenes of Star Wars Rebels second season premiere
- Is Ben Mendelsohn in Star Wars: Rogue One or not?
- Ewan McGregor bashes Kylo Ren, wants to return as Obi-Wan
- Phantom Menace star Jake Lloyd arrested
- Greg Grunberg hypes up Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Lando Calrissian comic book hits shelves in July
- Disney Infinity 3.0 retail exclusive details
- Sketches of Han Solo, Poe Dameron and Finn from Vanity Fair
- How much will The Force Awakens make at the box office?
- Star Wars Insider sparks debate about Luke in The Force Awakens
Read More »
These Star Wars Bits are now the ultimate power in the universe. I suggest you use them. Here’s what you can expect from this round of Star Wars updates:
- Simon Kinberg talks Darth Vader on Star Wars Rebels
- See the Star Wars LEGO Dagobah Comic-Con exclusive set
- Mark Wahlberg probably won’t see Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- JAKKS Pacific Boba Fett parade-inspired action figure
- Second teaser for Episode VII sets a Guinness World Record
- Mark Hamill growing his Jedi beard again
- Original Star Wars screens theatrically in China for the first time
- William Shakespeare’s Revenge of the Sith cover art revealed
- New The Force Awakens promo image with Finn, Chewie and more
- Ken Leung may have small role in The Force Awakens
- Jon Favreau likely not directing any Star Wars movies
- LEGO BB-8 is as adorable as you think
Read More »
What’s the story with the current state of Indiana Jones 5 development? Rumors have flown about a fifth movie since the release of the fourth, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. More recently, Disney’s purchase of Lucasfilm led to more speculation about a fifth outing for Indy, with Lucasfilm saying that a film will happen, with no indication of when. Yet more conversations have suggested that Chris Pratt is being eyed as a replacement for original star Harrison Ford. (Pratt has denied this.)
Now there are rumors of loose plans for a 2018 release developing at Lucasfilm even as producer Frank Marshall tells us there have been “no discussions on Indy 5 to date.” Read More »
There are still more than 180 days left until Star Wars: The Force Awakens hits theaters, and fans probably need all the help they can get passing the time until December 18th arrives. They’ll get some help in September when Force Friday unveils a bunch of new merchandise from Episode VII. Otherwise, you just have to bide your time until Christmas arrives.
And to help out with that, one YouTube user decided to spend his time waiting for The Force Awakens by combining all six of the Star Wars movies into a single video. I don’t mean that he edited all six movies down into a single movie. Instead, he took all six movies and put them on top of each other and played them at the same time. Watch all Star Wars movies at the same time after the jump! Read More »